[BTS Module] Israel

esnaz

King
My first modular-civ!

Leader: David
Unique Unit: Maccabee (replaces Swordsman)
Unique Building: Kotel (replaces Walls)

Cities:
Jerusalem
Tel Aviv
Hebron
Rishon Lezion
Metzada
Beersheba...

Also includes order and select sounds for Israel thanks to King Yosef

Download

Attachments

• israel images.JPG
    israel images.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 3,392
Excellent. This is the best I've seen yet for a David (or Solomon), and the reworking of the Charlamagne beard and crown is superb. I brought up the images side-by-side to compare, and I am indeed impressed. Thank you very much.

Is there any way that you could try making a Joshua, possibly based off of Hannibal? I've always wanted one as I think that he would be an excellent second leader for ancient Israel.

Cool! :goodjob:
I've been waiting for an Israel mod since BtS was released.

hey nice work - very cool models,

heres a lst of the proper city names:

<City>Jerusalem</City>
<City>Tel Aviv</City>
<City>Hebron</City>
<City>Rishon Lezion</City>
<City>Metzada</City>
<City>Bet Lehem</City>
<City>Elat</City>
<City>Haifa</City>
<City>Ashdod</City>
<City>Aako</City>
<City>Caeseria</City>
<City>Ahskelon</City>
<City>Netanya</City>
<City>Hadera</City>
<City>Kefar Saba</City>
<City>Petah Tiqwa</City>
<City>Raanana</City>
<City>Hod Hashron</City>
<City>Herzelia</City>
<City>Kryat Shnone</City>
<City>Dimona</City>
<City>Yavne</City>
<City>Rehovot</City>
<City>Lod</City>
<City>Ramle</City>
<City>Givataaim</City>
<City>Ramat Gan</City>
<City>Benei Brak</City>
<City>Holon</City>
<City>Bat yam</City>
<City>Naharia</City>
<City>Mizpe Ramon</City>
<City>Arad</City>
<City>Yokneam</City>
<City>Tiberius</City>
<City>Karmiel</City>
<City>Nazzerath</City>
<City>Afola</City>
<City>Ness Ziona</City>
<City>Bet Shemesh</City>
<City>Rosh haayn</City>
<City>Shefaym</City>
<City>Rosh hanikra</City>
<City>Zofim</City>
<City>Bet lid</City>
<City>Modiein</City>
<City>Dgania</City>
<City>Metola</City>
<City>Alfe Menashe</City>
<City>Zoran</City>

Great civ, but I think that you should make the hair more red. can you add a modern leader like ben gurion? I always wanted to play as modern Israel and I think Ben Gurion could be done from Churchill or Roosevelt

Is there any way that you could try making a Joshua, possibly based off of Hannibal? I've always wanted one as I think that he would be an excellent second leader for ancient Israel.

Definitely, I'll try that!

hey nice work - very cool models,

heres a lst of the proper city names:

<City>Jerusalem</City>
<City>Tel Aviv</City>
<City>Hebron</City>
etc...

aren't those the modern names?

yeah mix of modern nd ncient,

its more apropriate for israel, in my taste,

some of the cities in your (and other israe models) are weird....

Maybe I'll come out with a second version...with second and third leaders, updated cities, etc.

Just out of interest, does anyone have any opinions on other Leaders/UU's/UB's?

Maybe I'll come out with a second version...with second and third leaders, updated cities, etc.

Just out of interest, does anyone have any opinions on other Leaders/UU's/UB's?

Hmm... for leaders you can put David Ben-Gurion the founder of modern Israel http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Gurion , and if you want an ancient leader I think that Bar Kokhba, who lead the rebel against the Romans http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simon_bar_Kokhba . for UUs Theres the Halutzim (Hebrew word for pioneer) who settled in British/Turkish Israel and founded cities and villages with walls and towers, so I think they can be like settlers that found cities with walls and a baracks. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aliyah#Zionist_Aliyah_.28From_1882.29
and for UB: Slik,wich were the zionist hidden weapon caches during the British rule they can be like graneries (they were hidden in storages) that gives experience to gunpowder units.

finally!

I have been requesting Israel in the "request civ form" on this page since the beginning and someone has finally done it!

I can't believe the day I stop asking and start making it myself someone makes one! lol

well here is my ideas. from my own mod I just started. I would like to work with you if you ever need some help with Israel CIV

Here are my Suggestion from the CIV request thread......(ignore the first part about warlords it was that old!)
-------------------------------------------------------
Okay it’s been done I know that but not for warlords!!!

I am waiting for someone to make an Israeli mode for Civ Warlords!

I am not saying this because I think I am the man and have the Best Ideas but

For warlords anyway the leader should be David Ben-Gurion
Charismatic – Spiritual

Charismatic - why because he got elected leader twice and held a majority in the Knesset thought the strength of his character. And the father of a the MODERN nation
Spiritual- Because in a time when most people consider themselves secular he created a Jewish state. Also for policies like Magic carpet which brought Jews back to Israel. Also for allowing any Jew to return to the state of Israel.
UU- the modern state of Israel was only founded in 1948 so I think the Idea of swordsmen or slingers is a poor one I would go for....
Merkava - was the first MBT (main battle tank) that was designed, fabricated and put into mass production by the state of Israel.
Israel could not afford to fight wars of attrition as it was a new state lacking human resources so crew safety was put first
In game terms Merkava would have 27 strength (instead of 28) however would start with flanking 1 and 2, to represent it ability to protect the crew/tank

UB this is very easy for me
Kibbutz it’s very easy to say this should replace granary or some early game structure however again I think this should come late in the game to represent Israel as a new state so like America it should replace Supermarket as the alternative the kibbutz represented to a capitalist lifestyle.
In game turns
1+ from cows deer sheep and pigs lol
2+ culture (the kibbutz were used to mark territory and define Israel’s boarders)
Free city garrison 1 promotion. Units built in this city. (They defended well during the various Arab Israeli wars and produced bullets)

Favourite Civic has to be Nationalism for the drafting and such...

Thanks for your time anyone who is interested in making this with me or use my ideas or generally make it without my input please contacts me!!! .
------------------------------------------------------

My Ideas Have Changed a bit with more reading. and the release of BtS

I think a better UB now would be Mossad, since the release of BtS Basically replaces Intelligence agency

Mossad +65% (instead of 50%)
and turn 4 citizens into spies.

The reason of this is because of the way Mossad recruits and operates, without going into extreme detail its very differnt from all other intelligence agencies it is very very very very small (only 30-35 case officers or Katsas around the world) it draws from local Jewish support and volunteers or Sayanim registers.

Also I stuck with the idea of a tank but changed it to a Sherman M-50 and the Sherman M-51 or Magach tank as Both were used widely in Israels biggest conflicts in the Middle East (Biggest tank battles since the Second World War)

I would give the tanks +50% vs Gun pounder Units as Israeli tanks where fitted with more machines guns for lighter targets. and Mobility, for obvious reasons IDF tanks had to fight in the harshest conditions and didn't malfunction half as much as there Soviet Counterparts given to the Egyptians and Syrians, also preformed better than American and British tanks which had many malfunctions during the Gulf war.

I was also thinking of a better fighter but I am not sure if this a good Idea as it would quickly cause unbalance. Also aircrafts where not changed as much as purchased tanks, it was more to do with the training of Israeli Pilots. I was thinking a UB of Airport that gives +4 exp to aircrafts would represent the IAF well and its unique training.

These Are My ideas. I also have a comprehensive list of Israeli cities by population size now which i obtained from the Israeli embassy. And to anyone who says the Ancient state of Judea of Israel is not linked to the Modern state of Israel a) needs to look at the globe b) needs to read the works of Theodor Herzl . Jews returning to the State of Israel is prominent in prayer and Holidays (Passover & Yom Kippur) and is just reversing the Jewish diaspora started by the Romans and continued for centuries.

Thanks for the Mod!

I dont think that Merkava should be the Uv because he is in a lot of other isramods and Ben Gurion should be Industrious-protective
industrious-he founded Isreal and made it a from a few villages to a modern state
protective-he was the prime minister and minister of defense in the independence war.

I can't get the mod to load I have tried putting it in the Mods Folder and loading it in game, I have also tried have it present all the time replacing Asserts in BtS folder neither worked?

Basically I load the Mod from BtS then Esnar Israel mod appears in the corner, but I can't select the leader, or the Civilization or see anything in the civopedia?

Top Bottom