2 New Leaders: Johan de Witt & Afonso Henriques

PW90

Warlord
I'm happy to present you the next two leaderheads. I hope you like it. :)

And thanks to the guy (sorry, I forgot the name :blush: ), who made the great casimir leaderhead. :goodjob:

For Information: Afonso Henriques was the first king of Portugal and was named "The Conqueror" and Johan De Witt was a significant Dutch political figure in the 17th Century.

v0.1 released Sep 02, 2007

Here the link to the DB:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/./downloads.php?do=file&id=6945

Attachments

• Johan & Afonso.JPG
    Johan & Afonso.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 759
PW90 Afonso Henriques Give him a white beard he might make a good santa

can we ask you to make a Santa Leader head for Christmas civ

I like Johan de Witt. By the way, do you have nifscope or nifviewer? They allow you add an extra objects from another units/LHs. If you are interested, I can tell you where to download ;)

I like the idea, but I have a small comment on de Witt. You made his jacket orange. I assume you did that because the Dutch national colour is orange, but for de Witt it’s not very good applicable. In the Republic there was a constant struggle for power between the stadshouders (the members of the house of orange) and the raadspensionaris and the estate-general (the parliament and the republicans). De Witt was a member of the republican faction and thereby he opposed the orange faction. During his political career he did his utmost best to prevent any member of the house of orange to gain any power at all.

Eventually in 1672, the year of disaster for the Dutch republic, the orangists took over power and arrested his brother. When de Witt visited him he was killed by an carefully arranged lynching mob outside the building, which killed his brother aswell.

So you see that de Witt did not have a very good relationship with the house of orange and it’s supporters so I’d suggest changing the colour of his jacket.

I agree that Johan De Witt would preferably wear black, being a "burgher", but it's nice to see another Dutch LH! Greetings from Holland!:)

Top Bottom