Mac Internet Game Night?

enkiduMT

Chieftain
well... since Aspyr seems uninterested in keeping existing customers happy (we miss you already Brad!) by at least announcing a tentative date to bring Mac players back in sync with PC internet players...

who is up for a (sigh) Gameranger night of macCIV or CIVVarlords?

I can do most any night after say 8 to 8:30 PST (I realize this is late for EST USA folks). If we have a big (heh) crowd of ESTers I can perhaps start earlier (let the wife take the Enk-lings to beddy bye!)

Speak now o world conquerers or wait for the 174 patch/godot!

Well, i'll try in the next few days.
maybe early next week as well.
look for Zoinks on gameranger.

anyone just stop by and join up

and hour or two

well... since Aspyr seems uninterested in keeping existing customers happy (we miss you already Brad!)

It is not Aspyr letting you down, it is Firaxis. Aspyr never tried hard, even as Brad did. For example, the Carbon patch for SMAC was on his own time!

It is Firaxis who figured out that the Mac market is lucrative enough for the profits to be split between two companies — and still be worth the bother. It is Firaxis who decides the reimbursement structure for Aspyr — and thus provides no motivation for World Builder and mod compatibility. It is Firaxis who uses deprecated single platform development processes — thus ensuring that Mac compatibility will be difficult or impossible and always lag behind. It is Firaxis that treated the Mac users as second class customers (but customers willing to pay full price for an inferior and delayed product) with Civ 3 — and then did things exactly the same way with Civ 4.

Yeah, it sucks. What is worse, is I feel less abused by the game houses that do not even bother with Mac ports.

Well, i'll try in the next few days.
maybe early next week as well.
look for Zoinks on gameranger.

anyone just stop by and join up

and hour or two

Is anyone still trying to get Mac v Mac games going these days? I might try to jump in if others are still playing online.

The funny thing is, even though I have been playing a while, I am still a novice at tactics. It would not be worth getting a game together just for me, because I would not be much of a challange. But I would love to try and play in a group.

Top Bottom