Trafalgar Square World Wonder [Modular]

asioasioasio

Fallout Scrubber
TRAFALGAR SQUARE WORLD WONDER [MODULAR]

Background:

I always missed powerfull world wonder that would symbolize colonization of new lands, it's global impact on economy and will show importance of naval warfare. Symbol as mighty as powerfull and wealthy is Great Britain and it's Navy. What can it be? It can only be Trafalgar Square – the historical place, iconic for Great Britain and London – one of the economical capital of the World.

Civilopedia:

Trafalgar Square is a square in London, the capital city of the United Kingdom, that commemorates the Battle of Trafalgar (1805), a British naval victory of the Napoleonic Wars. The original name was to have been "King William the Fourth's Square", but George Ledwell Taylor suggested the name "Trafalgar Square". The square is the site of Nelson's Column, and related sculptures of note.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trafalgar_Square

Building XML Parameters and Installation Notes:

The XML is made for BTS (all versions) – and uses modularity.*

World Wonder
+4 Exp for all Naval Units produced in the city that built it
+100% faster production of Naval Units in the city that built it
+1 :commerce: in the all sea plots in all cities
+1 :commerce: in the all river plots in the city that built it
+4 :culture:
+2 :gp: Great Merchant
Cost: 800 :hammers:
Requires:
- Harbour built in the city.
- Military Science Technology

* - To learn how to use Plug and Play Modules visit the info about installing modular files located here http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=5360997&postcount=2 Of course you can edit parameters or even throw away all the .xml files, adjust it for any version of CivIV or any mod.

Building Model Parameters:

Model comes with: 767 triangles**

Textures: 256x128 main, 128x128 shadow
Movie: Only static graphic instead the movie

** - If you decide that it's to much (performance problems) i divided model in four parts – column, lions, Nelson and shadow. In this situation I recommend deleting lions (400 triangles less) and/or Nelson (137 triangles). You can make it in nifviewer or nifskope. You can also crop texture to 128x64, for example in Gimp with installed plugin supporting .dds files.

Credits:

Textures, model, XML, readme file: Asioasioasio
Photography used as movie: Simon Rigglesworth from flickr
Civilopedia texts: Wikipedia

Download here:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=7056

Thx a little bit pitty that that the movie is just static picture, but i can live with that. Now all this dutch, portugese, british, viking civilization will create naval empires :)

Maybe someone will make a movie for you? There's been a few wonder movies uploaded here recently.. The model of Trafalgar looks really good, and it sounds like an awesome wonder to get :)

Yup perhaps :p It would be great to have movie for it :)

I fear that it might be to powerfull - but on the other hand - it's just mix of late colossus and early drydock

:run: aaaahhh someone stolled my lions ;)

Ok you may use it as you want :)
They're merged together, won't it a problem?
If it will be a problem i can send you seperate

Nice work Asiox3 this is exactly what I wanted to see with the module system. I'd recommend some slight changes in the stats, drop the river commerce bonus just for simplicity (I use a personal rule of no more then 3 effects on a wonder).

RockinRoger is working on updating some wonder modules I made for WL with your artworks to the BtS format. Got plans for your next wonder?

OK. I'll tweak the settings when i'll have more time.
I'm glad that RockinRoger makes modules - i thought of doing so - but it's real pain - it took me whole afternoon to make readme + xml for this one :). I rather would like to model new wonder/unit in this time :)

The next one. hmm... Brandenburg Gate and Coloseum (Flavian Amphitheatre) - they're on cfc already and have very good quality, so It's hard deciosion for me cause i know how much work and time cost modelling, but i need to make them. I need more performance in 1939 mod, and since i have many high poly buildings i started from redoing them

EDIT

Perhaps also Sagrada Familia - it's requested, and would be awesome wonder in modern era
I'm not sure if ti would be impossible to make it - Gaudi was a freak and genious - it would be hard work with a lot of redo...
What effects could it have?

Missed this before, it looks amazing!
Personally I would like the see the Admiralty as a wonder (Or the Navy Board) that does something like this, but this is very cool!

yup but admirality or navy board would fit good as national wonder and trafalgar square is only one ;)

Thank you :)
would it be added to your naval mod? :)

yup but admirality or navy board would fit good as national wonder and trafalgar square is only one ;)

Thank you :)
would it be added to your naval mod? :)

Actually, now that you mention it, probably!

I have been kind of lazy in reference to it, (I need to pick it up again) and I was thinking of something like this. ;)

Why I though the Navy Board/Admiralty would be a good national wonder is really in history, only one nation ever used something like that, and we all know what that was. ;)
I do wish the navy was a little more vital though, I haven't really though of how. The thing was, the Royal Navy was used to put pressure on people to do different stuff (Stop the slave trade, open up your borders, in all "gunboat diplomacy"), but I have no idea how to implement that in-game..

yup but it's more work :) i usually replaced building in game to see if model works :) now i need to fill the .xml :) But the big "+" is many ppl can play it instantly :)

You got it :D

What effect you propose? :)

Hmm, difficult. Perhaps increased citizen happiness throughout a certain area, and less chance of revolt?

I'm not too familiar with the building, but during my exchange to Poland, I loved the city and the building.

Top Bottom