Brandenburg Gate [Modular]

asioasioasio

Fallout Scrubber
BRANDENBURG GATE WORLD WONDER [MODULAR]

Background:

This time something for warmonger players. The Brandenburg Gate – symbol of Prussian (later also German) power and German Unification. I tried to add. The first factor is represented as bonus to emergence of Great Generals (+100%) and second one as bonus to happiness (+1 in all your cities). Though I imagine (not possible without changes to code) for the second one +1 happiness for each city you controll that has more than 50% of your culture and -2 happiness for each foreign city that has more than 50% of your culture. If someone would like to make such a python modcomp i would gladly use it.

Civilopedia:

The Brandenburg Gate (German: Brandenburger Tor) is a former city gate and one of the main symbols of Berlin, Germany. It constitutes the monumental termination of Unter den Linden, the renowned boulevard of linden trees which led directly to the royal residence. It was commissioned by Friedrich Wilhelm II as a sign of peace and built by Carl Gotthard Langhans from 1788 to 1791.
The Brandenburg Gate's design has remained unchanged since its completion, yet it has played different political roles in German history. After the 1806 Prussian defeat at the Battle of Jena-Auerstedt, Napoleon stole and took the Quadriga to Paris, however, after his defeat in 1814 and the Prussian Parisian occupation by General Ernst von Pfuel, the Quadriga was restored to Berlin, and Viktoria's olive wreath exchanged for the Iron Cross, becoming goddess of victory. When the Nazis ascended to power, they used the Gate as their symbol. The Gate, itself, survived World War II and was one of few structures standing in the Pariser Platz ruins. The governments of East Berlin and West Berlin restored it, however, it was closed when the Berlin Wall was erected in 1961. When the Revolutions of 1989 collapsed the Berlin Wall, the Gate then symbolized the freedom to unity of the City of Berlin. On the 22nd of December 1989, the Brandenburg Gate re-opened when Helmut Kohl, the West German Chancellor, walked through to be greeted by Hans Modrow, the East German Prime Minister.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brandenburg_gate

Building XML Parameters and Installation Notes:

The XML is made for BTS 3.03 – and uses modularity.*

World Wonder
+100% emergence of Great General
+1 :) in all cities.
+6 :culture:
+2 :gp: Great Artist
Cost: 800 :hammers:
Bonus Production Modifier: +50% with stone

Requires:
Barracks built in the city.
Military Tradition Technology
Nationalism Technology

*- To learn how to use Plug and Play Modules visit the info about installing modular files located here http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=5360997&postcount=2 Of course you can edit parameters or even throw away all the .xml files, adjust it for any version of CivIV or any mod.

Building Model Parameters:

Model comes with: 722 triangles**

Textures: 128x128 main (no alpha), 128x128 shadow + quadriga (with alpha)
Movie: Only static graphic instead the movie

** - If you decide that it's to much (performance problems) i divided model in three parts – gate, quadriga, and shadow. In this situation I recommend deleting quadriga (532 triangles less). You can make it in nifviewer or nifskope.

Credits:

Textures, model, XML, readme file: Asioasioasio
Photography used as movie: Fersy from flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fersy/402072600/
Civilopedia texts: Wikipedia

Download here:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=7101

very good one, bravo !

I meant that but it isn't top priority, just high rank in the list. And also a little bit patriotic since germany and britain got theirs. Other comment purpose is to highlight that we'll run short on effects to give at this pace.

isnt the Arc de Triomphe in bts already as natural epic?

yes it is but not this famous one :)

Does this still exist? Looks like the hacker got to the Brandenburg gate... does anyone have this modular component? I just want the Brandenburg gate!

I have couple of files i still need to reupload one of those is Brandenburg Gate. I'll reupload it today.

I have couple of files i still need to reupload one of those is Brandenburg Gate. I'll reupload it today.
I found it in your 1939 Mod and ported it over successfully to BtS... but yeah... it'd still be nice to get it re-uploaded for the masses.

here is another verson than in 1939 - low polly (relativly) - and it would be use in new version of 1939

File reuploaded

Could you do wonders that already exist so they look better? The ones now are awful looking, much less realistic than yours.

You mean the one in game?
Probably i could do this but this is not priority.

And Thx :)

Very cool... and surprised to get a "newer" gate! This is cool... the old one was facing the wrong direction anyways!

Already added to my mod!

the old one was facing the wrong direction anyways!
And had only four "pillars" :)
The old was from SM Railroads :mischief: :p
I used this temporarily in 1939, since even after deleting tons of poligons it had 2200 triangles.
The new one is more civ friendly.

Top Bottom