Conquest of the World

Or it could have been that he was just waiting for a city on a major continent to build it in, since building it on an island or Australia would have meant that the units being built there would still have had to wait on transportation to a battle front.

YOU STOLE MY CHAPTER TITLE!!!!!!!! :mad:

it's one of the few cities for which I have to look at the name every time I type it. Even the Aztec cities are better.

Just call it Cori-Whatchamacallit and be done with it. :p

Sumeria has conquered - either that or culture flipped - the city of New Orleans from America.

I notice you have a tendency for mentioning changes in North America a while after they happen. :p

YOU STOLE MY CHAPTER TITLE!!!!!!!! :mad:

I notice you have a tendency for mentioning changes in North America a while after they happen. :p

It seemed a good title for the chapter, and when I noticed it was Chapter 52 in your story as well, it was just too much to resist. :mischief:

Yeah, I don't check North America every turn. So long as I list the changes in chronological order and within a few turns, everything ought to be OK. It's not like Tlacopan is being captured anyway - just a bunch of tundra cities.

I'll have to sort out all that's happened since Part Twenty-Five Fifty-Two. Played a bit more and with time and work and fun and little sleep I've rather got the events mixed together. Update whenever I've caught up on sleep and have a lull in the fun of Thanksgiving break.

Update: Ultimate_Waffle, I call your bluff. You aren't capable of that :p.

Just remember, don't drink and Civ. It can ruin you entire game.

*Shudder*
Like the one time.. with Catherine... blagh! I need a shower.

It might end up something like this: Civ: Americans. Difficulty : Chieftain. Warriors valiantly standing up to infantry, spears beating back cavs, and archers fighting tanks. Oh, and galleys vs. battleships.:lol:

What do you usually drink? I want some of that too!

Yeah, I don't check North America every turn. So long as I list the changes in chronological order and within a few turns, everything ought to be OK. It's not like Tlacopan is being captured anyway - just a bunch of tundra cities.

I agree Quintillus. With so many civs and such a large map, its hard to keep track of what overseas civs are doing. I tend to focus more on those around me than those farther away.

Great Story, Quintillius. I really liked your "This... is.. SPARTAAA!!!!" moments... who'd have thought that one hoplite would be able to take out all those modern/industrial units attacking Sparta (they must have been REAL Spartans to pull that off :lol: )

DOMINATRIX said:
It might end up something like this: Civ: Americans. Difficulty : Chieftain. Warriors valiantly standing up to infantry, spears beating back cavs, and archers fighting tanks. Oh, and galleys vs. battleships.:lol:

I aggree with what Walliard said: Sounds like your typical Civ III Epic game, if you ask me. :p

Quint, any chance of an update anytime soon? :)

The Spartans are amazing...I'm glad they fought like Spartans. It would have been quite disappointing if a Warrior had been landed by Sparta and defeated its entire garrison without losing a hitpoint. Fortunately they proved worthy of the cry, "THIS_IS_SPARTA!!!!!!!!"

I'll try to get an update by Sunday at the latest. I've been partying it up over Thanksgiving break, playing some games I don't have at college, and getting absurd amounts of sleep. Combined, that has limited my Civ time to just enough to keep up on ThERat's latest adventures, and listening to Baba Yetu while preparing for the next party.

The Spartans are amazing...I'm glad they fought like Spartans. It would have been quite disappointing if a Warrior had been landed by Sparta and defeated its entire garrison without losing a hitpoint. Fortunately they proved worthy of the cry, "THIS_IS_SPARTA!!!!!!!!"

I'll try to get an update by Sunday at the latest. I've been partying it up over Thanksgiving break, playing some games I don't have at college, and getting absurd amounts of sleep. Combined, that has limited my Civ time to just enough to keep up on ThERat's latest adventures, and listening to Baba Yetu while preparing for the next party.

THIS IS CAKETOWN!!!

1964 IBT -

Bloody airstrikes. In all about five Korean planes hit Hector's army, injuring but by no means defeating him. We should be OK with a Barracks and Army in Beijing, but these Bombers will be pretty annoying until we get Flak. In the meantime I think I'll focus my efforts in the East.

Speaking of China, Babylon declares war on them after an alliance with the Byzantines. The Zulu have not yet been defeated.

Mongolia makes peace with Persia. Perhaps they'd be a good candidate for conquest? If only I didn't have any deals with them...

This is the first time I've seen the Byzantine-Persian frontier up close (around Beijing), and I'm pleased that they are fighting, and the Byzantines aren't taking excessive casualties. Let them fight for a thousand years, and I'm not sure any of either side's core cities would fall.

America captured the Spanish city of Jaen, in southwestern Alaska and just shy of the Aluetians, this turn. St. Louis remains Korean, and Tlacopan Aztec. America is running out of other cities to conquer, so we figure eventually America will attack them! :lol:

1965 AD - Tenochtitlan has recovered greatly from the war and is already producing 12 shields from a very happy citizenry. We begin work on our first New World factory.

Our first attack of this turn is on Hareid, the other city on Middelburg Island and currently the Viking capital. Mechanized Infantry begin the attack.

It's a close battle with Regular Mech Inf v. Riflemen, but we pull it out in the end. A similarly close victory ends the Guerilla resistance in the city. We chance taking the city now by sending in what is currently the only Cavalry in the Greek Empire.

It wins the city for us. Much, if not all, of the Viking navy is sunk in the harbor as well. Scandinavia is down to one city - Trondheim, their ancient capital, is their capital once again. With only 15 gold to offer for peace, we decide to conquer them now.

The problem advancing towards Trondheim, north of Copenhagen, and indeed all of Spain, is a lack of rails - in some places even roads. I consider gifting Temujin some iron so he'll build some rails for me, but since what I really want is to conquer him, I don't.

Instead we sink a Persian Ironclad off Temujin's African territory.

We also accept Korea's challenge to some Air Wars. The first is against some Persian Destroyers that had the audacity to bombard my Bombers in Verulamium last turn.

It's not going to be an easy Air War. Two of our planes are shot down, and none of their Destroyers are yet destroyed. I switch two Indian cities to Bombers to help with the effort.

The other Air War will be Beijing vs. Inch'on. It'll simply be a matter of whose bombers can bomb the others' bombers into oblivion first. Other damage will simply be auxiliary to the main goal of both sides - to win the first War of Two Air Forces.

Land war will continue, however. Mursilis is finally getting his birthday present. :bday:

After a substantial land, air, and sea bombardment, our tanks are ready to take Tarsus.

I should note that was the strongest unit remaining in Tarsus, and before it had taken any damage from the Tank. It appears the Hittites only have three units in Tarsus (well, two now).

Indeed they did. Even crossing a river couldn't stop our momentum. We even send Mursilis a little extra for his birthday.

Agememnon, meanwhile, has three Tanks and a Mechanized Infantry in his army, and is ready for his first mission - to take Nanking, regardless of Korean bombings.

He takes down the first defender and will take the rest of the city next turn. Just for extra insurance, another Tank is sent in to attack next turn.

The Koreans now have a choice. Which stack will they bomb? The one in Beijing or the one outside Nanking?

1965 IBT -

The Koreans made their choice. The number of Bombers they had in range increased from about 5 to about 9, and came from both Inch'on and Namp'o. We won't be able to assess the damage to our air force until next turn.

In the eastern Pacfiic, an Incan fleet attacks our submarine by mistake. We kill just one Frigate before sinking.

The Byzantines, meanwhile, take Nanking out from under my feet. It makes me reconsider the alliance, but it will last - for now.

Temujin, is sending many troops south to own the Zulu. The only way I can stop them without toasting my reputation is to conquer the Zulu myself - so it appears I will have no choice but to do so.

The Hittites see the potential of the Sipahi-bearing Ottomans if they win against the Inca and declare war to stop the Ottomans. They'll have to defeat our tanks, first, though. And their counterattack last turn was quite weak. Their attacks this turn are no more frightening.

In the next year, we will see how much our units were hurt by Korea in the Air Wars, and - hopefully - have a chance to retaliate for their damage.

Yay update!

The Americans must want to conquer North America before even trying for Tlacopan and St. Louis!

Oh well, at least all else they have left to conquer on mainland North America is:
Leiden
Calixtahuaca
Xochialco
Plus a thousand island cities!

So, 3 cities on the mainland, and then they'll probably try for St. Louis or Tlacopan. Or, they'll spend lots of time going after those Northern Canadian Island cities!

So let's see, the following:
China
Portugal
Zulu
Scandinavia

Are all about to die?

Top Bottom