Conquest of the World

"We have destroyed the not very strong Chinese"

Heh. Heh. Photo editing much?

Finally, the Americans are attacking the Aztecs. With all those Korean air attacks, doesn't it make sense to attack Korea? If you take out their core, they won't be air strikin' no more. And it slows the possibility of AI tanks.

Yeah, a bit of photo editing :). That one took longer than most since the "Chinese" had to be moved down a line. But I think it more accurately describes the situation this way, perhaps with the exception of if you're Mongolia.

Our expansion is exhausted for this turn, but once again, a dangerous attack is planned for the next.

That just might include an attack against Korea ;).

15 out of 30 AI civs conquered. Your work is half-way done!

Oh, and BTW, World Map?

You're right, it is. Kind of. I'm still below 30% area. But in at least one sense, we are half-done.

Ask and ye shall receive! One World Map coming right up!

Did Korea captre another city on North America or have they had Evora for a while?

Evora is Mayan. Similar colour, but Korea hasn't managed to get that far across the world yet. St. Louis is still Korean, though.

I see Babylon has built that city in West Africa.

Do you still have that MPP with America, BTW?

BREAKING NEWS! President Bush Lincoln can't open a door capture the city of Tlacopan despite it being surrounded by American culture for an eternity!

Good thing you've got plenty of unit support. Start building new units as soon as possible is all I can tell you. Although you were certainly already going to.

Kudos to the Mongols for failing to take Zimbabwe.

Reduce the threat of Persia and Korea, then beat the Babylonians down. Keep enough of a force on the Korea-Persian front to defend against their incursions, but hit Babylon with your main force. Doing so will eliminate potential flood-hosts...err, I mean, another rival and another front. That will free up the majority of your African occupation forces to participate in a real war.

I see Babylon has built that city in West Africa.

Do you still have that MPP with America, BTW?

BREAKING NEWS! President Bush Lincoln can't open a door capture the city of Tlacopan despite it being surrounded by American culture for an eternity!

Babylon did rebuild their burnt city, though one tile south.

The MPP with America appears to have expired.

America has finally moved against a major Aztec city, it can't be much longer until they capture Tlacopan...can it?

Kudos to the Mongols for failing to take Zimbabwe.

Hehe, looks like they didn't learn anything from their huge failures in China.

To all the other comments, all I can say is wait until the next episode :).

...all I can say is wait until the next episode .
That a reference to the Dr. Dre song? Or has my brain been corrupted by my liking of rap music?:p
Well, damnit, now I can't wait...:mad: I mean, I can't wait more than usual.

Maybe the Americans are trying hard, but the city is un-take-over-able.

Or maybe takin' it over's becomin' a quagmire! :lol:

Well, in some defense of the Mongols, they were attacking a size 12 city from across a river.

Maybe the Americans are trying hard, but the city is un-take-over-able.

Quintillus: Almost at your 1000th post!

choxorn: Almost at your 3000th post!

It could be un-over-takeable, or nearly so. But I think if they had really been trying the past 40 years or so it would have fallen by now.

choxorn is also nearly at 2992, much more significant if you're into aviation.

That a reference to the Dr. Dre song? Or has my brain been corrupted by my liking of rap music?:p

The latter, I'm afraid. I try to make references to the non-Civ world from time to time, but I've never heard of Dr. Dre.

Well, in some defense of the Mongols, they were attacking a size 12 city from across a river.

True, but even so they had enough forces that they really should have won.

Just in case photos start not appearing...

Quintillus Warning! You are approaching the limit on your Photobucket account!
Photobucket Support to you - 2 hrs ago

Every free account with Photobucket is allotted 25 GB of monthly
bandwidth and our records show that you have less than 5 GB of
bandwidth left to your account.

We recommend that you upgrade to a Pro account at this time.
Click here to keep your images and video clips active!

http://photobucket.com/upgrade.php

With a Photobucket Pro account you get unlimited monthly bandwidth, 5 GB
of storage, removal of advertisements for this account, and premium
support. Pro accounts are only $25 for a full year -- just a drop in
the bucket!

Upgrading isn't mandatory, but if you exceed the free allotted bandwidth
remaining for your account, your files will be temporarily disabled and
replaced with a "Photobucket Bandwidth Exceeded" icon for the remainder
of the month's cycle.

Your bandwidth usage will reset to zero on the 02nd of next
month's cycle based on your original registration date. All your image and
video files will be reactivated at that time.

For more information, please visit the Photobucket FAQ at
http://photobucket.com/faq

Thanks!
Photobucket

I don't currently have a credit card, so upgrading to Pro is not an option. If photos do start not appearing, though, I can migrate new sections' images to a different file host site.

The good news is that at this rate the final usage meter will finish at 95% - so if all goes well no photo outages will occur.

Just what was your original join date, anyway?

1969 AD - In my common evaluation of my rivals' technologies, I accidently click "We would like peace" with Korea, and Wang Kon demands tribute of Motorized Transportation for peace!!! At the diplomatic meeting, I feign a cough to cover a laugh, and think he must be insane. I suppose he did win the air war, but he's about to get schooled in land war. Hey, at least this is a good indication to me that his intelligence corps aren't too good.

Mine do quite well this turn :).

Offensively, Korea is weak. Three Cavalry and seven Marines isn't a large danger. America, with 29 Cavalry, is more of a danger. But 71 Infantry is a lot. And 19 destroyers! I have ten modern warships. We each have one carrier. Korea currently has a 7-6 Bomber advantage (I evacuated some of mine before all were lost). In anti-air, Korea's three Fighters and one Flak are better than my four Flak. My only advantage, I suppose, is land war, but I intend to use that to gain a definitive upper hand this turn - and Wang Kon won't be so naive as to think he will be receiving tribute after that.

Ulysses, moving west from Chengdu, mercilessly attacks the Korean city of Inch'on. Two Infantry fall, and then Theodoros Kolokotronis moves in.

Most inconveniently, he loses nine of his twelve hitpoints in defeating one Infantry :sad:. With at least one Veteran Marine remaining in the city, I call in Agamemnon from Canton in to the south.

Four Bombers, a Fighter, and a Hwach'a are destroyed with the capture of the city. Suddenly Korea finds themselves on the losing side of the air war. Who's asking for tribute now, Wang Kon? :devil:

Well, actually, Wang Kon still is. :mad:

Our next target is the last Zulu city, Hlobane.

Surprisingly a Pikeman turns back a Tank, but none are lost, and the city is taken. The Zulu are destroyed.

At this point we're down to 16 civilizations remaining, from 19 two turns ago. None are in immediate danger of destruction.

We sink a Hittite Ironclad-in-port that bombarded our Battleship last turn with a combination of the Battleship bombarding and air bombardment. The siege is slow, but steady. Meanwhile, the Hittites sent seven Infantry to retake Iznik - or maybe to take Ankuwa, which I accidently left unguarded last IBT. Either way, I pull three Infantry to defend it.

Despite the destruction of the Zulu, we are not out of targets in Africa. Our Helicopter-to-Madagascar scheme is ready! It is only as I am prepared to airlift two Infantry that I notice my Helicopters have a transport capacity of three. Apparently I haven't used Helicopters since Vanilla, when their transport capacity was one. Well, at least now I have plenty of Helicopters!

Happily taking advantage of the increased capacity, I land four Infantry and two Marines by Antalya.

We don't plan to attack the Ottoman city - it's borders are simply the only place we can land troops, due to limited range.

1969 IBT -

Looks like Logitech's prophecy came true, if a bit later than expected. Hmmm. Maybe we should seek peace with Korea? That'd toast their reputation. But they certainly are not getting Motorized Transportation for peace!

I guess we didn't send the Byzantines enough fine Australian wines. Well, there's nothing to do now but sit back and watch what happens.

...this isn't boding well. The Domino Effect seems to have started. At least the Hittites are still at war with Japan.

For no reason at all? Or perhaps a military alliance with someone I'm at war with?

The Spanish might be hoping to regain a plurality stake in Hawaii with this alliance.

The Byzantines attack a Tank in the Middle East, but fortunately not the poorly-defended city of Berlin.

They even keep on attacking Persia for me!

The Hittites appear to disagree with my siege plans for Ugarit. The tank in the screenshot is killed by a Cavalry.

They also make an attack on Iznik. Seven Infantry attack, and six die. I lose one Infantry. I'll take those results.

They also attack Tarsus...

And it falls. We have to admit that we're outnumbered in South America. If all goes well, bombers can kill the defenders in Tarsus next turn, but we likely won't be able to get any land troops there next turn. Worse, this means they have Rubber again.

I'm surprised Hammurabi hasn't been destroyed yet as war-eager as he is. And technologically backwards, none the less.

Proving my point.

Persia, while a paper tiger now rather than the tiger it used to be, nevertheless shows us that it isn't done for good.

Two enemies with planes is bad, but since Korea is back at half-strength plane-wise, we aren't in too bad of shape plane-wise.

In Madagascar, Persia attacks with one Cavalry, raising hopes they'll make a suicidal all-out charge against my Infantry-on-a-mountain, but unfortunately they leave their on Infantry on the mountain next to ours. It looks like we'll be forced to advance with our Marines to take their mountain by force. And then this happens:

The world is caving in. I make a note not to play the 1812 Overture during an IBT again, and to increase my gifts to America, my only large ally not to declare war on me this IBT.

We've got a problem on our hands. Our troops in South America are entirely cut off from aid, with the exception of our one Aircraft Carrier. My artillery stack, the most valuable units I have down there, is stuck in the jungle squarely on the Ottoman-Hittite border, hundreds of miles from one of our cities. But there's nothing to be done. We hit the "O".

...and the Ottomans do not attack. We lucked out for a turn.

Just what was your original join date, anyway?

April 2nd, the same day this story started.

If you reach the limit, just switch to another hosting site until the end of the month ;)

That's what may have to occur. For now it's still Photobucket, but I'll be monitoring usage and if it approaches 100% I'll post any subsequent updates on another site.

Don't you just hate it when your majot ally declares war on you, it happens all the time to me in Civ3.

So who-all is at war with whom by now? It looks like you're at war with nearly everyone except the Americans and have a bunch of alliances against you. I'd hate to be a staff worker at one of your Diplomacy/Intelligence offices.

Don't you just hate it when your majot ally declares war on you, it happens all the time to me in Civ3.

You must be a horrid diplomat! (j/k)

It happened to me... once. Stupid Germans.

Top Bottom