Hellenic Javelineer (Akontistai)

Sandris

Happiness to everybody
Hellenic Javelineer (Akontistai)
May be used as an ancient universal javelineer for all Hellenic civs (Greece in general, Macedon, Sparta, Athens etc.)

Download

Last edited:
Sweet, this is a great unit!

Is an Akontistai comparable to a Peltast? What's the difference, other than the lack of the funky crescent shield? Am curious.

Shouldn't that be akontistes?

Nice unit though, especially the animations... I like the way he bothers to put on a hat and cape even though he's got nothing else on. I agree that it would be more fun to give him a coy pose in the pedia image, like this unit.

"Who was that cloaked hero?" ..."why that was the Naked Hellenic Javelineer, known to most as... The Streak" :lol: Sorry, couldn't resist.
He is a good unit...I like how he throws the javelins and the bounce in the death is a nice added touch :goodjob:

A real sexual deviant! Damn, we should lock him up for the sake of the children!

Sweet, this is a great unit!

Is an Akontistai comparable to a Peltast? What's the difference, other than the lack of the funky crescent shield? Am curious.

This Greek javelineer is more likely a militiaman, whereas the Thracian Peltast in Greek service was more or less a professional, a mercenary.

The Peltast was named after their shield, the pelta, and this term later grew to include many other mercenaries, and not just the classic peltast.

So, as for stats, where this guy might have attack 2 defense 1, the peltast could have attack 3 defense 2.

Blue Monkey said:
Dangly bits, as Monty Python might put it.
Or as my friend put it: twig and giggle berries. Yes, I have also wondered about his sanity at times.
Like I'm watching dogma :eek:

:goodjob:

"Guys like us just don't fall out of the f:eek: :mischief:king sky, you know."
[Rufus falls from the sky]

If you don't understand, it's probably best to see the movie Dogma. This quote Jay said does seem to apply.

Hrafnkell said:
A eunuch! He's great and the um, lack of attention to certain details is appreciated!
Wouldn't be able to post him otherwise I'd think.

On Topic: Nice unit, good animations.

"Coy" is a very good word. :)

And Cimbri, thanks for the clarification & suggestions on the distinction between this dude and a peltast.

Shouldn't that be akontistes?
One akontistes many akontistai I imagine.
Nice unit though, especially the animations... I like the way he bothers to put on a hat and cape even though he's got nothing else on.

Perfectly utilitarian I'd say - it shields you from the worst of the sun.

Top Bottom