[BTS] Dragonia II

Darque

Chaotic Lord of Dragonia
Dragonia II is a fantasy mod for Civilization IV. It is a sequel to the Dragonia mod for Civilization III. Dragonia II features the same fantasy world as the original, and allows players to play on an updated version of the map in the original Dragonia, or to choose a randomly generated world. Currently the Dragonia world map is not yet completed. Only a randomly generated world is available.

Dragonia II has 25 civilizations and 40 leaders to choose from. Most civilizations will have their own flavor units. In future versions Dragonia II will also feature hero units. These hero units will represent heros and leaders from that civilization's history. As such, these hero units will each be unique, and when they die in battle, they will be permanently eliminated from the game.

As in the original Dragonia, the leaders of each civilization will have alignments associated with them. In Dragonia II, however these aligments will be dynamic, and so can change over time based on choices that the player makes. The leaders alignment will also have an effect on their relationship with other leaders...and so a evilly aligned leader will not be very friendly to a good aligned leader.

Dragonia II also features an updated tech tree featuring about 115 technologies. Most of these advances will be familiar to players of the first Dragonia, but some of the old advances will be removed, and others added.

Other features in Dragonia II will include a magic system, a religious system featuring 8 faiths (Tel'Seldarine, Dark Seldarine, Solanism, Nerullicism, Morndinsamman, Eye of Gruumsh, Heironeanism, and Hextorianism), new unit promotions, and many more features to come.

Remember, this is an early beta version of the mod, and as such, not all features have been completed, and there will be bugs. This mod will require Civ4: BTS v3.13 with language set to English. Please feel free to contact the Dragonia II modding team at www.civfanatics.com

Download Here
Download Media Pack The Media pack contains enhanced wonder videos
Download Patch 1.0.2 Here

Dragonia II Forum
Dragonia II Beta 1 Bug Thread

Spoiler Modding Team and Credits :

Lead Developer:
Mark "Darque" Kochanowski

3D Artists:
Thomas "woodelf" Snyder
Shawn "winddelay" Brust

2D Artist:
Dave "hexagonian" Sobotka

Writer:
Dan Winsky

Other Modders:
Jeff "strategyonly" Wilhelmi
Rick "Oaklanbash" Rockett

Other Credits:
Chugginator
seZereth
danrell
C.Roland
bernie14
Rabbit, White
The Lopez (Mercenary Mod)
Korelios (Multiplayer Mercenary Mod for BTS)
Ploeperpengel
Sureshot
Chalid
Also thanks to the community at CivFanatics.com

(If I left anyone out, please let me know and I will make sure to add you to the credits list)

Spoiler Changelog :
v1.0
- initial version

---------------------------------
v1.0.1
-Discovering Dark Seldarine Religion produced a Feywarden instead of an Arachne.
-CTD when mouseover on Mercenary icon
-Python exceptions related to missing tags (ERA_INDUSTERIAL, TECH_MONOTHIESM)
-Seems this would have been related to missing tags issue
-Created a settler and received the "First gunpowder unit, first helicopter unit", etc message.
-Mercenary Mod balance issues
-War script bug fix/tweaking
-Change great person units to not use Modern GP graphics
-Cause Disease spell not working
-New process - Idle
-Updates to Guilds (More updates to the guilds will be made in Beta 2)
-New flavor unit graphics - Airship

v1.0.2
-Fixed CTD in Mercenary Mod when placing a hired merc

Patch 1.0.1 Fixes (Done)
Discovering Dark Seldarine Religion produced a Feywarden instead of an Arachne.
CTD when mouseover on Mercenary icon
Python exceptions related to missing tags (ERA_INDUSTERIAL, TECH_MONOTHIESM)
Seems this would have been related to missing tags issue
Created a settler and received the "First gunpowder unit, first helicopter unit", etc message.
Mercenary Mod balance issues
War script bug fix/tweaking
Change great person units to not use Modern GP graphics
Cause Disease spell not working

Patch 1.0.1 Changes
New process - Idle
Updates to Guilds (More updates to the guilds will be made in Beta 2)
New flavor unit graphics - Airship

I'll give this a try, thanks.

great stuff!

Patch? Good to see you haven't changed dd02. :crazyeye:

Playtesting/feedback is the surest way to address patch needs

It's run fine in all of my test runs... I'm already working on more units for future betas and the final release, and I hope to outdo my previous work. And as as with all projects of this nature, it would probably be best if patching is kept to a minimum, if needed at all. (crosses fingers)

Neat! An alternative to FfH!

I just ran the mod for about an hour. The mod runs much faster than FfH, which is really, really refreshing.

I ran into some problems though. So far, I've had 3 CTD's. The first happened while waiting for other civs to complete their move. The second one happened when I tried increasing my research rate. The third happened when I moused over a resource space on the map, and then scrolled away to investigate an other area of the map. I saved, reloaded, and tried that last one with the exact same result.

Save game included here (check the fortified incense space on the map, northwest of my "future" holy city)

There also is a mistake with the Dark Elves religion. When it is founded, it gives a free feywarden instead of an archne.

Overall looks pretty cool. Needs a patch!! ;)

Yeah, set your PEs to show and attach save files. Much easier for Darque to debug that way.

I played around a little with the wildarrow elves and then with furns. Seems nice. The introductory movie is quite amazing. No CTDs so far but many python exceptions all related to missing tags (ERA_INDUSTERIAL, TECH_MONOTHIESM). I guess they are left overs from vanilla referenced in some Python file. Unfortunately the message I got gives no further information.

Another note, the info for Bronze Working lists Cottages as enabled by it however it seems everybody can build them right from the beginning.

Top Bottom