Conquest of the World

1995 AD - We begin the turn by sinking a Persian Ironclad south of Greenland.

We then drop off six Tanks, two Elite, on Great Britain. We have much better Bomber and Cruise Missile support now than before, so hopefully this invasion will go a bit better.

Hastings, the last English city in Asia, is nearly erased from the map by our 35 Radar Artillery before it is easily taken by Dienekes.

England is left with a single city on an island north of mainland Canada. Not exactly where you'd want to go for vacation - not even any mountains for skiing!

Our Old World conquest over for the turn, we attack the new Mayan capital of Palenque.

Two Infantry are destroyed, but the city is not taken. Ixtapaluca, the new Aztec city, is not taken, either - rather, it is razed.

One more sea battle occurs this turn, and England is left without a navy. They're in Anarchy as well - not a good situation. Then again, that describes most of the world.

1995 IBT -

A Korean Guerilla entirely fails to defeat me at the landing beaches. Their navy looks just as hopeless, sailing around the Atlantic with no apparent destination. At least their diplomacy is going OK, as they make peace with the Inca.

Both America and the Hittites advanced again, America taking Lagartero and the Hittites taking Vilcas.

1996 AD -

Polyester shirts and nylon socks, acrylic yarn and...Modern Armor? You bet! It's Synthetic Fiber time!

Eight new Workers are trained this turn to help with the pollution problem. Many Recycling Centers are also being completed, which will help immensely. We're still over 100 tons of pollution, though.

Our first priority of this turn is trying to take Britain again. We'll start with some bombing.

Our Bombers destroy a Temple and a Fighter, but no ground forces are injured. So we call in the Cruise Missiles.

The first one does no damage whatsoever, and the second deals two hitpoints of damage. Saving a couple for later, we then send in a Tank.

This is looking all too familiar...

Better, but we are still forced to retreat. Out of Elites, we now send in a Veteran Tank against a Guerilla.

This time we win. We now send in the rest of our Cruise Missiles in hopes of finishing off the Infantry.

One Infantry loses one hitpoint, redlining it, and another is killed. We then send in another Tank against a Regular Guerilla.

We are redlined, but destroy the Guerilla. The next battle is a Veteran Tank vs. a Conscript Rifleman.

You're not going to believe this, but the Rifleman forced the Tank to retreat without taking a single hitpoint of damage. At least no Tanks have been destroyed. We send in our last full-strenght Tank against the Rifleman.

At last, a total victory! The Tank goes back in, and...

Captures Pyongsong! Talk about a difficult city to capture. Korea still has 10 Infantry, so it's certainly possible Scotland will be difficult to capture as well.

NOT world domination, world conquest ;)

There's a difference.

And the post about mixing Modern Armor and Hoplites gave me a brilliant idea...

When your enemies are down to one city, finish off the last defender with a hoplite. Then it will truly be Sparta.

Hey, if your last deals with the Hittites expired in '93, why are they still alive? (At the very least, capture Cuba and Hispanola with Marines!)

Use the nuke :nuke: .... Come to the Dark Side! :evil: We have cookies...

Chox, mind if I use this in my sig? :please:

2 Archers
3 Musketmen
1 Cavalry
6 Galleys
1 Galleon
4 Ironclads
29 Hoplites
1 Medieval Infantry

What is this, the Stone Age?

And you can't even see the 35 Radar Artillery within range of the city from that screenshot...

:dubious: :wow: :eek: :faint: :ack:
Was that necessary?

Sure, you can use it.

If it was the stone age, they wouldn't have muskets, would they?

Sure, you can use it.

They wouldnt have any of that stuff in the stone age :lol:

I had extra support, and until recently didn't have lots of extra gold, so why not keep the extra units? Even a Warrior can prove useful - if the enemy attacks with 2 Tanks, you're guaranteed a counterattack with 4 Riflemen and a Warrior whereas you are not without the Warrior. It's rather fun to have Archers in the Modern Age, too!

Yeah, but if you spend money and had 4 riflemen and a guerilla instead, you'd have an even better counter attack. Still, with your tech it'd be 4 mech inf and a TOW, which is even better.

NOT world domination, world conquest ;)

There's a difference.

And the post about mixing Modern Armor and Hoplites gave me a brilliant idea...

When your enemies are down to one city, finish off the last defender with a hoplite. Then it will truly be Sparta.

Yep - conquest! Not domination! We've already achieved that in all but the 66/66 requirement.

Hmm, nice idea about the Hoplites. I've got quite a few in Australia, I might just be able to pull that off. Just don't want to delay the conquest too long because of it.

Hey, if your last deals with the Hittites expired in '93, why are they still alive? (At the very least, capture Cuba and Hispanola with Marines!)

Fighting the Mayans at the moment. The Hittites will be attacked soon, don't worry.

What is this, the Stone Age?

:dubious: :wow: :eek: :faint: :ack:
Was that necessary?

Do they have Ironclads in the Stone Age? :p

No, it probably wasn't necessary, but at least I didn't have to worry about not capturing the city.

Yeah, but if you spend money and had 4 riflemen and a guerilla instead, you'd have an even better counter attack. Still, with your tech it'd be 4 mech inf and a TOW, which is even better.

takes the fun out of killing tanks with warriors.:)

1996 AD - After the capture of Pyongyang, we're ready to move on to the Persian city of Samaria, on Iceland. Six Marines are ready to take the city.

It only takes two. Rather than send the rest towards Greenland, we move the transport towards Hispaniola, where the Hittites control the other one-tile city in the world.

Before deciding what to do with Babylon for this turn, we head to Palenque. Our spy tells us it has one Infantry and one Conscript Rifleman in defense, so we decide to go for it. A Destroyer bombard first to weaken the defences.

...forgot all about Coastal Fortresses. Our Bombers have slightly better luck, and two Tanks and an Infantry Army later, the city is ours.

Further advances in the New World are put on hold as six Tanks are upgraded to Modern Armor.

A quick review of the Old World situation, on the other hand, tells us it's time to advance.

The first city was easy, with the only difficulty finding sufficient non-army Tanks. Then we head to the mainland.

We attack three of Babylon's main cities this turn and approach another two, leaving only one city and one town unapproached. Thirty-five Radar Artillery also come to the new front.

1996 IBT -

Babylon successfully attacks and takes the border town of Pisae. It's likely to be no more than an inconvenience given our power, though.

1997 AD -

We complete our Search for Extra Terrestrial Intelligence. No one gives the report on extraterrestrial intelligence to me . I was hoping we'd found some exciting aliens.

Babylon actually won the first turn of their war with me - a situation that must be rectified. And it will be, starting at Ellipi.

Then Ashur.

The Eridu.

Then...Babylon?

Nope. We destroy a Pikeman and two Spearmen without taking any damage, but they still have at least a Spearman and a Longbowman. Come to think of it, dozens of Spearmen might be a better way to resist my armies than one or two Infantry.

Then comes Pisae, with the first Modern Armor in the Old World.

Nineveh is left alone for now, but with 35 Radar Artillery at its gates its prospects for next turn aren't good.

So with Babylon fairly well reduced, we turn to the Hittites.

Uh-oh. Bad news. I declared war before making sure nothing had interfered with my plans. And something had interfered with them .

Stupid worker! Thus unable to advance against the Hittites, we're forced to let them attack first. All we can do is upgrade our Tanks and hope for the best in defense.

Upon upgrading, we realize not a single Tank in South America was upgraded . Forgot Sun Tzu's only works on one continent!

So we take out our frusteration on an Aztec Guerilla who is approaching Tlacopan.

Or not. A Guerilla defeats our Modern Armor...go figure. A second Modern Armor, thankfully, wins.

Left unsatisfied with our conquests this turn in the New World, we are thus forced to fish for victory in the seas. Which turns out to be a good place to look for it.

The Transport left unguarded by this victory will probably outrun my Battleship, but it feels good to sink a Cruiser nonetheless.

Been slogging through 80 chapters over the course of about 3 days... my head hurts

Still at least I'm able to subscrbe to this now, even if most of the action does appear to be over- mind you, you never know what might happen in the Americas

Doesn't that American Worker's insolence want to make you launch a nuke or two at Texcoco? Yes... Press the button. You know you want to... :nuke: :evil:

Stop egging him on Chox .. when the world is covered on pollution we will all know who to blame.

I think it would be funny if SETI found some more people for him to conquer ...

Yay! Great updates. That conquest of the universe would be VERY interesting. Hey... that would be an interesting world map. Okay, anyway, I think there are slightly over 50 turns left (if that is the limit), so considering the rate at which Quint captures, I think the world could be conquered. Um.. . also, I think a request for a save file was made. That would be pretty cool. I mean, I don't want Quint to fell pressured to do this, but it would be cool... ;)

Sure, you can use it.

They wouldnt have any of that stuff in the stone age :lol:

"It's called a metaphor, kids" (to semi-quote a line from Civ 4 BtS; Afterworld.)

Anyway,

We complete our Search for Extra Terrestrial Intelligence. No one gives the report on extraterrestrial intelligence to me, I was hoping we'd found some exciting aliens.

Don't you mean exciting :ar15:, warmongering :ninja:, agressive :evil:, misanthropic :scared:, tyranical :whipped:, super-advanced :scan:, sencient beings? Is that even posible on a computer? :rolleyes:

Top Bottom