Help installing the MOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Invero

Chieftain
Hello,

I have tried installing the BUG Mod in my PC and when I start the game I dont see any interface :( I tried clicking F1 to F12 and nothing happens.

I even tried uninstalling everything and installing it back like posted here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=246095

The only difference, is that I bought recently a Civ 4 complete DVD, so no Addons installed, just the DVD and everything is installed: Civ4, Warlords and BTS 3.13

Then I installed the unofficial patch, then Blue Marble 3.0, and then the BUGMod_211.exe

My Games\....\Beyond the sword folder is in C:

I am using a german computer so the game is installed under D:\Programme\2K Games\......

Any ideas? :confused: Please help!!!!

Thanks in advance
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Buena caza! ;)

Invero

I think the unofficial patch could be the problem. Is BUG using that patch?

It's not the unoffical patch. It's the CIV Complete German edition that's causing problems. EF was working on a fix for this, but I think RL has taken hold of him the last few weeks.... personally, I haven't even downloaded the SVN since I got back from my vacation, so I don't know if a fix is up yet. Let me go take a look, and if so I'll post a new version sometime in the next 48.

Edit: It appears he did get the fix in. Expect 2.2 in the next 48 hours. If you'd like to get it sooner, check out the thread talking about SVN access.

I don't have the German version but I do have the unofficial patch and I'm experiencing the same no-interface issue.

are you running the mod from a mod directory scaramouche? If so it needs to be named BUG Mod, and make sure BUG Mod.ini is located in the BUG Mod directory.

I bought Civ4 Complete in Denmark, and have the same problem. Alt+I dosn't do anything, nor does Ctrl+I and Ctrl+Alt+O. I don't get the blinking "End of Turn" message either.

I installed by copying the files in BUGMod_220.zip except the Documentation folder to ...Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword
My previous CustomAssets folder was empty.
I'm not sure if the CustomDomAdv folder and Adv Unit Naming.ini is needed, but I copied them in just in case.

Please help, I'd really like to use this.

Oh, and I haven't installed any patches - nor do I have the BlueMarble terrain.

Attachments

• No Interface BUG.jpg
    No Interface BUG.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 554
I found the fix in the bug reporting thread. Look here and a few posts below that.

It is not for the fainthearted - you need to edit your registry to fix it. It did work for me, however.

Ouch. 2.20 was supposed to have the fix for BTS Complete in it.

Did you copy all the ini's? There is also BUG Mod.ini in the archive as well.

How can an install from a zip file fix the registry?

Yes, I copied two ini files into ...Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword
BUG Mod.ini
Adv Unit Naming.ini

I can't fnd anything in BUG Mod.ini referring to this interface problem.

Ouch. 2.20 was supposed to have the fix for BTS Complete in it.

Did you copy all the ini's? There is also BUG Mod.ini in the archive as well.

Alerum,

I believe Civ Complete is infact causing alot of headache for people playing with the BUG Mod.

See this post. It's a report of a BUG Mod related error in my History in the Making mod. Dale brought the issue of this Civ Complete problem to my attention. I was not aware of this before.

Anyway, hope that link helps!

Update: I have now fixed this via the registry after following other posts linked to here. Screenshots of the missing key and what I added attached. This is for Civilization IV complete DVD english (and I am on Vista 64).

The registry key folder for "Civilization IV" (not the Beyond the Sword expansion, just Civ IV).

Now if you look in the "Beyond the Sword" registry key folder;

You can see that the "complete" edition has no "InstallDir" registry key here. So I manually added one as per this screenshot;

And voila, it works :)

Note: The full location of the registry key may look a bit odd because it's Vista 64. Users of Vista 32/Windows XP may need to look elsewhere for their civilization iv registry key, but the same principle of the fix applies to anybody that has the "Complete" DVD edition - just insert "InstallDir" in to the "Beyond the Sword" key folder with a complete path (including trailing "/" at the end) to the Beyond The Sword folder within the Civilization IV folder.

Hope this helps others.

Very nice Azzer! Thank you for all the hard work and effort on figuring this out. I have a feeling I'm going to be hotlinking to your post a lot.;) Thanks again!

edit: Before EF left, he thought he had found a way to fix it within our code so the end user didn't have to modify their registry. You think you could find the fix, since it seems he either didn't fix it, or the changes were never made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom