Conquest of the World

2011 AD -

The Forbidden Palace is built at long last in Istanbul. For a no-corruption game it is completely decorative; Istanbul was chosen as thus far it has been our most successful city in the New World.

After the whirlwind conquest of last turn, America knew it would fall quickly. And Greece didn't let up in 2011, targeting Seattle, tied for the second-largest city in the world, right away.

A Modern Armor Army is reduced to below half strenght by two Infantry. Dienekes then wins a battle, and two Elite Armor score victories as well. Realizing how useful artillery is on a metropolis, we then bring in Radar Artillery and Bombers until only a redlined Cavalry remains, that easily falls to a Modern Armor.

Even with 13 resistors and no factory, Seattle is producing 15 shields per turn.

San Francisco comes next after a very successful bombardment.

We then hit Boston with another barrage, and send in Alcibiades and an injured Modern Armor to take it.

Next comes Medina.

The remainder of the eastern part of America is now protected by forests. It'll take awhile to take that land.

We then proceed to take Damascus, Cincinnati, Malinalco, Lazapa, Basra, Calakmul, Quirigua, Dyrrachium, Evora, and Dallas.

The leader is turned into an offshore platform. We already have enough armies.

I'm somewhat surprised to realize I'm up to 14 cities already. Still with a few troops, we steal Lincoln's plans. We're frusterated to see we missed an opportunity to hit his main transport convoy.

Analyzing the troop placements, we decide to send a Modern Armor Army that just arrived by boat to Jaen, Alaska.

It is conquered. Yaxchilan is likely our last conquest this turn.

So 16 cities this turn (it's recovery time in Greenland). We've taken 37 cities in two turns and only 22 remain unconquered. I don't think we need any more land troops - not that we won't keep training a few. We've already reached overkill status against America, why not go for a bit more? :)

2011 IBT - America manages to capture a few artillery...

But otherwise they don't do a whole lot. They even fail to conquer the even-more-pitiful Hittites.

So the Hittites live on. They are once more protected by the ocean; America is not. It is no longer clear who will fall first.

That orange in Canadian Siberia is Persia, right? Can you wipe them out last, for the ultimate Greeks defeat Persia reversal of fortune?

I second the motion to take out Persia last. :)

NO!
i third to take out persia last.

I vote to take Persia out last as well.

2012 AD -

Just what America wants us to have...even better weapons. We kick up research to 50% for four-turn Genetics.

We begin the turn with another Safe steal of America's plans. Our profit, even at 50% research, is more than it costs to steal the plans every turn. We then spend a bit of money on some propaganda, but neither time does it succeed. Oh well. With 18000 gold it's worth seeing if it will for the first time ever.

Just for fun, we then spread propoganda to the entire Korean Empire. Granted, it's only two cities, but still...maybe after enough turns they'll give in to the deluge of propaganda.

Deciding conquering the world with propaganda isn't going to work, we turn back to the field of battle.

The capture of Miami takes America's last source of Rubber, certain to only speed up our conquest. They still have Oil, Saltpeter, and Fur.

Our Modern Armor was damaged by a Pikeman :shake:.

America is left with two cities. Three Modern Armor advance towards each. We don't want to have to fight the dozen American units that are stranded in the middle of nowhere right now.

No, I don't really know why I bothered to destroy an American saltpeter colony on a mountain in 2012 AD. Guess the Colony was just too vexing to leave alone.

Ahhh the sweet smell of a ship sinking that sank one of our ships. We can't sink all of them, but it's worth taking down a few.

2012 AD -

Well, they made a good decision...a bit late for it though.

The one area where America isn't pitiful - their navy. Our most modern ship is now at the bottom of the Arctic Ocean. Not that it matters - we've got them cornered on land, and ships across the entire ocean wouldn't be enough to save them.

Well... There goes my virtual 5 USD!

I really didn't account for your Blitzkrieg... This is just amazing!

'Bout time Hitites and America signed a peace treaty though... Why did they wait so long though?

Well... There goes my virtual 5 USD!

I really didn't account for your Blitzkrieg... This is just amazing!

'Bout time Hitites and America signed a peace treaty though... Why did they wait so long though?

Well, America was trying to conquer the Hittites in 2011...I guess America was hoping they could kill off the Hittites before they got killed off themselves.

Here's a World Map of the current situation. I don't think it needs a whole lot of explanation.

Why aren't you attacking Greenland? It is far too dark, how about making it lighter? Perhaps green would suit it?

Leave it to Sumeria, who has been stuck on Greenland for all of the game to be the last garrison of any strength against the Greeks.

"Jesus Christ, what happened to North America? Wasn't there some light blue there 3 years ago?"

"Well, yes, sir, but the Greeks killed them all."

Yay, I am finally free of American Tyranny! And I am not among those 13 citizens resisting your rule. :shifty:

Hey, what's your current tech situation? Just out of curiosity...

Last I checked, the Americans had just discovered Amphibious, while Quint had just finished Smart Weapons.

Why aren't you attacking Greenland? It is far too dark, how about making it lighter? Perhaps green would suit it?

Our initial landing force rather ran out of steam thanks to the Sumerian Guerillas. It'll pick up again soon, I promise.

Hey, what's your current tech situation? Just out of curiosity...

We're researching Genetics right now and still have to research Superconductor and Integrated Defence. After that it's all Future Tech - not that we plan to let it get that far.

2013 AD - We begin the turn with the conquest of America on our minds.

The last conquest ends with a loss. So be it. We take revenge by precision-bombing Detroit with our new Smart Weapons, resulting in the destruction of the University of Detroit.

And thus America falls in a mere four turns. The sea is the limit now - on land on one can challenge our power. And unfortunately for Sumeria, we have an airport in Greenland now, so by next turn no one will be able to challenge us there either.

Last turn we brought a number of Modern Armor to Persia by transport ship.

This turn we conquer them. This is why the other civilizations wish the sea were bigger. Much, much bigger.

On the next island over, we try to conquer Korea by propaganda again. Once again we don't succeed. So we go with the difficult method, and unload six Modern Armor on their island.

Sumeria is now our only foe of any size.

Sorry, Gilgamesh. It ain't going to be easy getting a Golden Age with Enkidus fighting Modern Armor. Quite the opposite - we get a Great Leader while taking Sumer!

Sumeria does seem to have decent luck overall, even if it can't pull in a Golden Age. Their Guerillas kill a Modern Armor at Kish and a Rifleman redlines an Elite Modern Armor before falling at Erech.

But their luck is running out. Ten Modern Armor relocate to Greenland this turn.

2013 IBT - The first Global Warming occurs, turning a Siberian forest into Tundra! About time given all the pollution!

2014 AD - Our Aircraft Carrier reaches the southern part of Greenland, spelling sure trouble for Sumeria.

Or so we thought. Five planes, one from land, deal only two hitpoints of damage.

Not that it stopped us. Required a couple more Modern Armor perhaps, that's all. With the south of Greenland conquered, we now risk giving Sumeria a Golden Age by attacking a redlined Enkidu with a redlined Modern Armor.

No contest. :cool:

We then advance against the Hittites.

Saved by a movement point...

Korea can't try that, and will have to survive by combat.

The first city has five defenders, but cannot hold off our Modern Armor. That was probably their best chance.

Yep, it was. Only took one Modern Armor to take Ergili.

Another civilization down. Two more to go.

2014 IBT - Sumeria founds a city on North America. That'll last a long time...

Top Bottom