[LH] Generic Middle Eastern Leader

Amra

the Lion
Here is a generic Middle Eastern leaderhead for anyone to use. I made him to be used as Idris II of the Maghreb in my modpack but I think he can be used for various other leaders of that region.

The download includes a shader & nonshader version as well as a button. It is NOT modular.

DOWNLOAD

I like him very much except for the jacket, which presents rather odd edges on top.

I like him very much except for the jacket, which presents rather odd edges on top.
Yeah, I had a tough time with that.

He's obviously based on Suleiman but when I removed his beard & fur his neck and head were left floating in space so I had to borrow Shaka's collar to fill in the gap. I arranged it as best I could without creating even uglier clipping issues.

Thanks to everybody for the kind words.

Hi Amra,
I am daily checking the upcoming mod preview in your signature, because I'm really interested to try several ancient LHs you made... :goodjob:

Is there a thread where we can discuss about your upcoming mod?
I have some comments, requests and suggestions to explain

Hi Amra,
I am daily checking the upcoming mod preview in your signature, because I'm really interested to try several ancient LHs you made... :goodjob:

Is there a thread where we can discuss about your upcoming mod?
I have some comments, requests and suggestions to explain
Thanks & I'm glad someone is looking forward to it, I know I am. :D

You can post any comments, suggestions, or questions in my Warlords modpack thread:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=184242

I'll try my best to answer them. I'm getting closer to posting a basic version for BtS that includes 44 new civs, BUG mod & Varietas Delectat, but none of the new stuff that was in my warlords modpack, those changes will be in a Full version to come next.

I just finished up Narbona of the Navajo last nite (see preview#2) and will hopefully be finishing up Hiram of Phoenicia tonight. After that I still have 2 more definite LH's to do (Rankhamhaeng of Siam and Sunni Ali of the Songhai) and then 2 that I would like to do but am having some difficulty with so they may not make it in. In case you're curious, they are Alfonso I of Portugal and Philip II (Felipe II) of Spain. If I can do good LHs for them, they will be in.

This is a really fantastic leaderhead. Your textures are especially great! They're crisp, vibrant, and detailed.
Thanks! I tend to take a lot of time with each leaderhead, sometimes too much. I guess that's why my modpack is taking so long to get out for BtS. :mischief:

Thanks! I tend to take a lot of time with each leaderhead, sometimes too much. I guess that's why my modpack is taking so long to get out for BtS. :mischief:

No worry, that just means that it'll be better quality.

When i play a mod with new civs, i want to play against leaders that look like they were made by Fireaxis themselves, not just reskins that you can tell are "louis" or "isabella". That's why i like this Leaderhead, that Vlad Dracula one by C.Roland and the Casimir leaderhead better then just simple reskins.

(also that's why i'm not learning to reskin and requesting leaderheads for my mod.

Speaking of which, could you check out the leaderhead request page? i'd love it if you could make me atleast 1/2 of the romanian leaderheads.

Thanks again, I personally really like the LHs that bernie14 & C Roland have done. I believe bernie14 has done even more LHs for CIV Gold 4.0 that have yet to be seen. I'm sure once CIV Gold 4.0 has been released there will be a few more bernie14 LHs that will make it into my modpack. :D

PS: Regarding the LH requests. I have seen that thread and would love to do some but I first want to finish the 5 or so I have left for my modpack. I enjoy doing the LHs but have limited my modpack to one reskin of each model unless they look really unique as with Arpad & Calgacus which are both reskins of Hannibal. I think doing some LH requests will allow me to still have fun helping others. But again, as I just said, I want to catch up on my own stuff first.

Top Bottom