Linking Bug

kevinman4404

Lightning Warrior
The error I get is: fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'Final Release\CvGameCoreDLL.res'

Normally this would be a pretty common error. I have all directories, etc. in the right place. I have had successful compilations before (this is for my mod).

Someone suggested I delete the CvGameCoreDLL.res... but it's not there (in either the final release folder or with the main files)!

Can anyone help me with this?

Kevin

How do I get this to work? When I compile, I get the following error:
LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'Final Release\CvGameCoreDLL.res'
Process terminated with status 1 (17 minutes, 28 seconds)

EDIT: I should also mention that this has no modified code in it.

EDIT 2: Deleting resource.h solved the problem

The above from another post did not work.

EDIT: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=233538 did not work either. When I do that instead I get 17 "unresolved external symbol" errors.

Deanej, thanks for visiting. I've been using codeblocks v1.0

well, other sources have menioned deleting "resource.h" which I presume is what the error is talking about

but having followed the instructions of other threads it produces the newer set of errors

Just got another pair of errors:

cl : Command line warning D4024 : unrecognized source file type 'EHsc', object file assumed
cl : Command line warning D4027 : source file 'EHsc' ignored

Well, those aren't errors, but near the end of the compiling I always get this error: fatal error c1067: compiler limit : debug information module size exceeded

I don't know why these errors are suddenly here... just to confuse things more

EDIT: one sec, didn't notice your post

The errors I was talking about were the 17 "unresolved external symbol" errors. And now I get these 2 every time I try to compile something. I'm not sure I've seen either on these forums yet.

Top Bottom