Go 229, alias Ho 229 or Ho IX

The_Coyote

Emperor
OK, here is the next unit. Was a good exercise for me. Is one of the (or perhaps the) first combat purpose flying wing. Not finished and not used in WW II, but there were some test flies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horten_Ho_229

Has 545 vertices, 762 triangles (perhaps a little bit much for such a simple shape, but the engine demanded to much)
2 x 256 Textures and best scale seems to be 0.65

Link to fighter animation
(is there a MG in the JetAnimation? and better for this jet)

added to DB: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=9144

Ciao
The_Coyote

PS: What is necessary to upload this in the database? I couldn´t. :cry:
Or was that the same reason why i couldn´t attach until now?

Attachments

• Demopic.jpg
    Demopic.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 350
  • Go 229.zip
    49.4 KB · Views: 135
Thank you! :thumbsup:

You couldn't upload it to the DB yet because you are a new user. Once you have been here longer and have more posts you will not have to go through the "moderation queue." (Prevents spammers and malevolent users from uploading harmful things.)

Thanks for the answer and thanks for the thanks.

Ciao
The_Coyote

Yeah... more WWII aircraft model makers!

We need all we can get...

Here's a friendly tip for the new blood to the board.

If you want to make any WWII light/single-engine bombers or Fighter Bombers (Dive Bombers, Light Bombers, etc), I'd HIGHLY recomend you use/link-them-to This Animation from the TBF Avenger, as it's the only animation file that allows for both MG fire and bombing animations from the same unit.

We could use something cool (never before done) like a Fairey Battle or a Breda Ba.65... that would tie-in nicely with the Avenger Animation above! (Hint, Hint).

I checked model - very very good - it goes to 1939 art directory :)

@ Wolfschanze - i'll upload breda ba.65 - if you want.

If you want to make any WWII light/single-engine bombers or Fighter Bombers (Dive Bombers, Light Bombers, etc), I'd HIGHLY recomend you use/link-them-to This Animation from the TBF Avenger, as it's the only animation file that allows for both MG fire and bombing animations from the same unit.

Really? Wow, I wasn't even aware of that, and I've been using the TBF for some time. That really needs to be used for lots of dive-bombers and fighter-bombers. :thumbsup:

Ah, do we have a Horten here without that annoying afterburner animation? :D

Really? Wow, I wasn't even aware of that, and I've been using the TBF for some time. That really needs to be used for lots of dive-bombers and fighter-bombers. :thumbsup:
Yeah... using the "fighter" animation for any single-engined model just has it do a "strafing" run on whatever it attacks (even if it's a Stuka attacking ground troops or a ship).

The TBF animation allows it to fire guns if it's fighting another fighter (or intercepting), and dropping bombs if on a ground-strike mission... a very good animation... should really be used by a ton of units, but I've only seen it used with the TBF... I'd really like to see someone go back and attach it to some other models (like Stukas for instance).

thanks a lot for the replies, it´s a great motivation

@ wolfshanze
the fairy battle, perhaps i will made this plane, but first i have to start and finish my next must have (myself) airplane. and thanks for the link to the animation.

The Fairy Battle would be great!

@ The Coyot - what unit it'll be that you want to make?

you can animate Do 335 if you want - from what i notieced it doesn't rotate the rear propeller

great looking unit, thanks

having a problem getting it to show in game. tried to add it the same way i added the he162 and yak, which worked fine. after adding the go 229 when i try to load a game i get a blank Tech adviser screen, then no interface. anyone else having a problem getting this to show ingame? or did i just screw something up

Top Bottom