RM Littorio WWII Italian BB

GeneralMatt

Emperor
A Italian WWII BB, this uses the default Battleships animations.
Not sure what else to say. :p

Download

First Post!

Regia Aeronautica:
"Hmmm... can't tell if that ship is Italian or not... those could be fake recognition marks! I better attack it just in case!"

Looks great Matt! Can't wait to see it in-game!

More detail/close-up here:

Recommended scale?
I'd recomend you make it end-up looking the same size as the default battleship! :lol:

I'll figure that out when I get it into my own mod (of course my default battleship is bigger then Civ4's default battleship).

What, was she hit by friendly fire?
Nope... just attacked... the Regia Aeronautica couldn't hit the broadside of a barn.

To be fair, friendly fire incidents on ships were fairly common in WWII... British Swordfish bombers even attacked their own heavy cruiser thinking it was the Bismarck!

Why do you think nations went to a lot of effort painting huge recognition emblems on the decks of their ships? The Japs had huge red suns on their decks, the Germans painted big swastikas, the Italians red/white stripes.

I just find it particuarly amusing with the Italian incident since their markings are the most noticeable.

very nice unit - going to 1939 :)
thanki you

I am glad you all like it. :)

Hi GeneralMatt, you been putting some sweet units, great job. There are lots of BB's now, could you possibly do some destroyers so we can have some variety there too.

I'd sure as hell would love shaders on that babe. :p

All you need to do matt is take this model and put it in the "battleship.nif" rather than "battleship_fx.nif" and it'll put gloss on it after you make a gloss map, PM me for details if you want. :p

Afaik, that is what I did.. Is it more than just the nif it is placed in? You cannot see the shaders in Blender though, and I think I messed around with them so it would not be so dark..

Blender gets rid of the texture effect, IIRC.

In the 'battleship.nif' if its anything like 'bomber.nif' or 'fighter.nif' (and the default is glossy in game IIRC) you should find underneath the main node where the battleship's body is located a "nitextureeffect" with environment_gray metal_fx.dds or something underneath it. Then you make a gloss map by bringing the saturation all hte way down while increasing contrast and lowering brightness (depends on how much gloss you want). Then add that as a gloss map and you should be good to go, check it out in game because things aren't as they appear in sceneviewer...

Ok, thank you, I will try that! That may just be what it needs!

Thanks!

It'll put on the last touch, I think. :p

Yeah! I just need to get it to work, first try, I think I did something wrong..

Top Bottom