[LH] Aigimios

Aranor

Emperor
Aigimios

Well here is my next creation. He is Aigimios the mythic founder of the Dorian Greek people. I use him for my Dorian Greece civ ( like you didn't guess that!:lol:). He would be good for any Ancient Balkan civ ( ie: Illyria, Thrace, or Makedonia)

He uses the plume from Roland's Unfinished Roman Leaderhead. Button included in the Download

Download

Well, personally, I think he would look better with the helmet on him. The face model look a bit weird for a non african guy. If you put the helmet in front of his head, with the new armor and the black hair that will still be visible under, it will make a great LH. I really hope you release a helmet version (note that it's a simple change that I can make in Nifskope, but I'm busy :D and I think it would be nice to do it for those who want to use it and don't have any experience with skope or viewer.

I did try the Helmet down on his head, but the hair stuck through the model. I went this rout
1. because of the clipping problem (when the Helmet was resized it looked weird)
2. Because I have done so many helmeted versions of leaders that covers the face I wanted to show my hard work on his face this time around. ( Plus I know it was popular to wear the Corinthian Helmet like this. It's the ancient equivalent of wearing your baseball cap backwards!;):lol:)

I do agree that the face does look alitte weird at times ( especially when he smiles) Maybe we can say he had coligen injections!:p

Very nice. I don't think the face looks that weird. Perhaps, lose the shoulder clasps on the armor though. Oh, and I really like how you differentiated the helmet by adding a plume.

Actually I'm safer with them on. If you were to look at the .dds you would see that it covers up a particularly ugly section of the armor ( the join between front and back) I tried to disguise the clasps as much as possible, but yea you can still make them out.

As for the plume. Yea that one of the best parts of Rolands Montefortino Helmet, it modular, much like the Roman mass produced one were so I can borrow the plume for other things or just use the helmet with no plume. Its great!

Very nice. I don't think the face looks that weird. Perhaps, lose the shoulder clasps on the armor though.

The marcus aurelius i just posted has armor without the shoulder clasps. if its bonded to the body let me know i saved a separated version.

THe face would be a good test on blender. just go to edit and select aprts of lips and resize to make them more european and the same with the nostrils. my guide might help with that.

THe face would be a good test on blender. just go to edit and select aprts of lips and resize to make them more european and the same with the nostrils. my guide might help with that.

If I could activate the nif scripts I would try but I cant seem to activate them:confused:

Well, I'm just going to come out and say it... I think if there's a problem, it's simply that you chose a Caucasian person to be based on an African model. Shaka has a very ethnic-African nose and lips (as he should), but putting a caucasian skin on an african model... well... the nose and lips clearly come through as being african, and that's what makes the face look odd.

The texture work itself is very good... wasn't there a differant (ie: caucasian) model you could have chosen instead of going with Shaka for this LH?

With that heavy set kind of build not really. Gilgamesh would be the only one who comes close ( maybe Pericles but that model is tricky to work with) the only reason I didn't use that mesh was I wanted him to look distinct from anyone else and more importantly Amra's Conan is based from Gilgamesh and I would rather steer away from this model being to similar to that one.

If I can get blender working I will try to tweak his lips and nose ( possibly even his cheeks if I can figure out how).

I don't know anything about 3D modeling, but if there is/was a way to swap-out the nose and lips and/or make the lips/nose look more caucasian, that would be a definate improvement... Shaka is very ethnic-african, and those racial features are bleeding through the skin/texture you have.

Quite a good likeliness with the villain from the movie. :goodjob:

If you'll going to switch to Gilgamesh for this one, perhaps you could re-use the current one for a new Meso-American leader with another headdress. The lips and nose don't look so out of place for someone from that continent.

I was going to say villain from what movie then I clicked:lol:

It isn't a bad resemblance to Jame Earl Jones. Darken up the skin abit and you would have him to a tee.

I will leave both versions of him uploaded. But I don't plan on making a Meso-American version any time soon. If someone else wished to pick up that torch its cool wit me:p:goodjob:

If I could activate the nif scripts I would try but I cant seem to activate them:confused:

TheLastOne36 had the same problem. check the first post in of thread for my blender guide. you have to try and export/import a nif the first time before configuring then you do the configure and the options will be available.

You speak of Thulsa Doom...

As played by James Earl Jones.

This model could pass for a lot of things... except perhaps Dorian/Greek.

I think he looks quite good! :goodjob:(Although I'd sooner place him with an Asian, i.e. Polynesian civ...it's the eyes, I think - like in the pic just posted)

Hey Aranor, interesting model. As we spoke about, the Dorians likely could have been Illyrian, and the names of these mythic founders further supports it (Agim is an ethnic Albanian name) ... but he looks nothing like an Illyrian, :lol:

As Wolfshanze pointed out, he does look like Thulsa Doom, A LOT! It is a unique LH :)

Darken the skin a tad, change the outfit, and you have the perfect Thulsa Doom.

Top Bottom