BtS Random Opponent Selector

ruff_hi

Live 4ever! Or die trying
Sick of always having to battle Sitting Bull? Well, use this excel based random opponent selector and you can rule him out. You can also exclude leaders based on starting tech and / or traits.

Download is here.

Here is a screenshot of this tool. You can exclude leaders that have a trait or a starting tech by putting 'excl' in the yellow column. You can exclude specific leaders (sick of Sitting Bull) by putting 'excl' in the leader column. You can also specifically include leaders (like bashing on Isabella?) by putting 'inc' against their name.

Once you are done, click on the macro button and it will generate a pool of leaders. It will then randomly select the required number from that pool.

Thanks, but this means I know who I'm facing. Not that much of a problem.

I suppose it's impossible to mod civ4 in such a way that you could disallow starting techs/traits/civs from a custom game screen, or set it in the ini file?

e: I tried it with OpenOffice.org (don't have MS Office) and it gives me a big massive variable runtime error.

After I downloaded this tool, I did give it a try,

I picked five non-Hunting Leaders and the tool gave me:
Qin Shi Huang
Louis XIV
Mao Zedong
Suleiman
Mehmed II

2x Chinese & 2x Ottoman.

Could you change it, maybe first selecting Civs and then selecting the Leader.
I can re-run, no problem. But then the changes of having America in is 3x times of getting Arabia in. The game choose first the Civs and then the Leaders

Interesting. I'll add a switch to make it random civs or random leaders.

yes, I understand that ... but who is to say that is the correct way to select opponents. While it is the Civ4 way, there are other ways. I will add the option of selecting leaders as you outline as well as other options.

I added an option 'limit 1 civ' (or similar). If you check this box, the selector skips leaders that have the same civ as a leader already selected. You can still include two french leaders, but the random leaders will not double up on civilizations.

I don't like the 'pick civ, pick leader' method as Washington has a 1/3 chance of selection when compared to Monty. I've retained the original xls method (sort all leaders by random number and pick top x' but now it just skips any leader with the same civilization as a leader already selected (if check box is checked).

Top Bottom