ML-20 152mm Howitzer

Just in time for Schickelgruber's birthday tomorrow! I'm sure the Russians will have a few surprises for him... :mischief:

I am a newbie - could someone please tell me how I could add on these units? I tried pasting the (extracted) folder to "units" but could not see it when I actually started playing BTS.

Will the unit show when I go to "world builder"?

Well this is the thing, its just art, you can't install it. :p

I'm sure GO might be able to make you a little mod if he wanted by his good graces. ;) Then you'd be able to load it in game.

The key to adding a new unit is to make the appropriate entries in XML. Now, it depends on whether you just want it to show up as a nice piece of art for Russia, or if you actually want to make a separate unit (a UU) for them. The latter involves more work.

There are several pretty good tutorials on how to add them in the Reference section, so I won't repeat it here, but once you get the hang of it, it is very easy to do. :)

So many people asking me for help! In another thread I just got through reading somebody told Ambreville to get me to do the Python events for his Battle of Britain scenario. :crazyeye:

The key to adding a new unit is to make the appropriate entries in XML. Now, it depends on whether you just want it to show up as a nice piece of art for Russia, or if you actually want to make a separate unit (a UU) for them. The latter involves more work.

There are several pretty good tutorials on how to add them in the Reference section, so I won't repeat it here, but once you get the hang of it, it is very easy to do. :)

So many people asking me for help! In another thread I just got through reading somebody told Ambreville to get me to do the Python events for his Battle of Britain scenario. :crazyeye:

lol sry that was me who reccomended you to do the ython for the BoB mod:p

Be my guest. :p

Are there any other things of mine in "CDM"? ;)

Don't think so. :confused: I still have to rework a lot of the vehicles, they're mostly the same as Varietas Delectat v3.3 at the moment.

the unit is no doubt good designed.

i will focus to the units we miss in the game.and i think that the gap between the cannon and the artillry is huge.i think that we miss a ww1 filed gun,75 mm.this unit you create,no doubt i m saying again it is good,but it can be easily represented by the original artillery in civ4.
if you can create a ww1 field gun,that would be perfect!

Awsome unit. Thx for the model :)

the unit is no doubt good designed.

i will focus to the units we miss in the game.and i think that the gap between the cannon and the artillry is huge.i think that we miss a ww1 filed gun,75 mm.this unit you create,no doubt i m saying again it is good,but it can be easily represented by the original artillery in civ4.
if you can create a ww1 field gun,that would be perfect!
I may take you up on it. :p -Maybe-

And thanks Asio. :thumbsup:

dutchking, this is excellent!
I just hope you continue making artillery,we need more diversity!
Thanks again!

I fully agree :)

Thank you both. :p

I plan to make some more, its kind of fun and simple, and no one else does it. :mischief:

Shouldn´t smitty have done a lot of WW1 artillery?
He might have never released it though... :/

AFAIK, he finished/was in the last stage of a French artillery piece. Can't remember if he mentioned starting on other types.

Top Bottom