Unit Module: Salt Golem

Tarquelne

Follower of Tytalus
Read main forum thread and decided to make a unit.

Download here.

The Luchurip Salt Golem:
A naval unit, it requires Alteration and a Sculptor's Studio. Cost 100, move 1, 4/6, starts with special "Sea Forged" promotion that allows it to heal faster and while moving.

What stops it from dissolving (or, technically, dissociating) in the sea?

I think I agree with what someone said in the other thread where you mentioned this, that it would be better as a coral golem.

What stops it from dissolving (or, technically, dissociating) in the sea?

Magic.
The unit requires Alteration and - I didn't mention this above - Enchantment mana. The Luchurip will almost always have that mana available but I wanted to emphasize the "Alteration" requirement. It's not supposed to be ordinary salt.

I think I agree with what someone said in the other thread where you mentioned this, that it would be better as a coral golem.

Coral has some very good points in its favor. It can be very sharp and hard. A "spiky" and coral-colored golem would be cool.

I still prefer salt, though. :)

maybe an upgrade of the salt golem could be coral? give the coral golem a permanent regeneration promotion, or ability to cast regeneration?

... well, I'll include a coral skin that's a recoloring of the present one (which is just a lightened "stone") if I do an update of any sort to the S.G., and include an alternate "Coral Golem" text file. People who want the C.G. can use the different files.

I'm unlikely to do a new Coral Golem unit myself without a modified mesh, esp. since and I'm still not too keen on the idea. However, if someone provides a model I'll add it - they would have already done the hard part. And anyone can use the Salt Golem for their mod. Or just make a separate mod. :)

How'd a permanent regen. promotion work, anyway? Just a really high healing boost of the sort March gives in enemy lands?

Top Bottom