BUG Hunting

ruff_hi

Live 4ever! Or die trying
Is anyone interested in playing a two man SG designed to hunt down (and hopefully kill) the BUG in-game log CTD bug?

This game would involve one of us playing with the BUG mod in their custom assets folder and the other one playing vanilla BtS (3.17). The person playing with the BUG mod loaded would need to save (and upload) the game each turn. The person playing with vanilla BtS will then have to load up the game from each of the saves posted and try to open the in-game log ... posting feedback about potential CTDs.

The details of the actual game are unimportant :D

I've tried this at home and couldn't reproduce the bug. I'm thinking that maybe playing on different PCs will cause it to turn up.

sure, I am using bug 2.3 ish and well I'm not sure if the alt tab crash is bug related or just civ in general. No idea as I keep everything in a window and never use alt tab like ever :lol:

I do know though that I've hosted mixed bug/vanilla games and no overt log corruption has occurred with 2.3

Anyway, a Liq is willing to help in whatever way ruff as he loves the bug and akk01 is over.

How about a super huge map warlord level pangea with balanced resources and well a pillow as we can sleep comfy while the never ending game goes on without us? :crazyeye:

Cheers!
-A Liq

Sure Liq. Do you want to be the BUG (has to be the new v3.0) or the Vanilla player?

Liq is addicted to the unit screening feature alone such that playing without bug would be ugly by this point. :lol:

Keep in mind the other features of bug are great and all but sorting the units via type and promotion is on par with heavy drapery in terms of delish.

If you want a 3rd btw can prolly rope S.ilver as well.

oh and there's a 3.0 out hehe ok will get that now. er ok I guess it's not out for public consumption yet.. whatever... so long as I get a copy I can use whatever version.

Cheers!
-Liq

Anyway How about big and small as a map whatever details and uh... William I guess as leader. Have yet to play him though he seems a popular choice for sg's.

Monarch or Emp works. Liq might not be the most stellar player around but he reads/spams the board and follows the sg's consensus far better than the average sger it appears.:lol:

oh and always entertaining reports!

Cheers!
-Liq

Ok, I'll start a game today and post it tonight.

Details:
Map mystery!
Level mystery!
Leader mystery!
Opponents mystery!
Turn Sets 10 by 10.
Other This game involves Liq playing with the BUG mod in their custom assets folder and Ruff playing vanilla BtS (3.17). Liq/Mysty needs to save (and upload) the game each turn. Ruff will then load up the game from each of the saves posted and try to open the in-game log ... posting feedback about potential CTDs.

Roster
Ruff playing vanilla
Liq playing BUG v3.0 (see here)
Ruff playing vanilla
Mystyfly plauing BUG v3.0

I'm not sure ruff meant you to play with him liq. If I understood correctly, I'll play too. Without BUG if necessary... Verstion 3.0 has not been released yet, at least it's not linked in the subrofum.

Emp with a weak leader on any map is fine with me. I had enought games with willem lately, and he is just so strong. probabely epic game with spi/cha (brennus) or spi/imp (just) for lots of :hammer:?

edit: Nevermind, XPosted with ruff.

Well this isn;t as much a game as a test of the emergency broadcast system err wait.

Wasn;t aware willy was considered a super strong Civ, what with this marginal UU. Well liq has been dumpster diving with traits like expansive and protective for a while now such that the horrors of a financial CIV are like a bad memory.:lol:

Whatever leader is fine tho been toking on that crackpipe known as phil + mids + glib a bit too much in SG's lately :lol:

Can also stick to a custom conts map for a little more predictability.

Whatever!

ok so build 959 active. snazzy new icons!!

one suggestion I would make for next build is the 'alt + control + o' reminder should be on by default as it can be a pain to find out about the command in the first place haha.

Cheers!
-Liq

My personal favorite traits from vanilla were Financial, Creative, and Phil. So yeah, William plays right up Liq's alley trait wise now that you mention it as I guess he assumed Cathy's old traits. :lol:

Never ceases to amaze me how under appreciated the Creative Trait is...

With their battle cry of "+2 culture a turn is not enough"

wtf indeed:confused:

Cheers!
-Liq

hehe well if myst is joining just move the difficulty up a notch or 6 and tell a liq what to do :lol:

Roster
Ruff playing vanilla
Liq playing BUG v3.0 (see here)
Ruff playing vanilla
Mystyfly plauing BUG v3.0

Ruff is obviously a turnset whore here!;)

Anyway, I assume a 'rar'ed package of saves is fine to upload each round or do I have to search around for the zip option.

ok so since mystifly brought up Brennus, (spr,cha - yum) How about a "default" highlands map with maybe thin ridgelines and random lakes. Give the maligned Celt a few hills to play with to prop his pathetic lineup of UB and UU :lol:.

Epic and Emp difficulty with a twist of lemon?

Cheers!
-Liq

you guys are totally missing the point! I'm setting the difficulty at warlords so that we don't have to worry / think about how we play. And I've been thinking about the saves ... just upload the last one (BUT DO SAVE EVERY TURN) and if the last one causes a crash, I'll ask you for a complete set (rar is ok) so that I can isolate which save is the first bad one.

BTW - don't expect to finish this game ... as soon as the bug turns up this game is over. We might turn around and run another one if we cannot isolate the problem.

Roster is fine with me ruff, thank you.

I do save already almost every turn as I'm pretty paranoid about civ crashing for some reason so no problem there. I just can't delete them then.

But unfortounately I'll be away at least until friday probabely 1-2 days more. But I think you'll be able to start without me, can't you? As ruff said, it's not about the game (which doesn't mean we won't have a proper game going, with discussion and everything, right? :D). And liq's settings clearly will make it interesting. Why should we play warlords? WE don't have to think until YOU get a CTD, and even then WE don't have to do that much, you're on lookout for bugs :lol:

rofl warlord is a bit extreme.

ok then pangea noble and some broken civ/leader like HC or the darius/cyrus twins :lol:

Liq is all for helping bug btw and not expecting a real sg, just whatever roll you want to man :)

Tho I think it's impossible for liq to not at least pop a screen or 15 in even a test sg. :lol:

Lets get this bug hunt going! :goodjob:

Cheers!
-Liq

LMAO. This SG is going to accomplish 2 things. Helping to fix BUG, and providing pure entertainment courtesy of Liq :p.

Yeah, I guess I mainly want to help BUG. If it's via a game, even better :goodjob:

It's pretty much impossible for a liq not to make a sport of sg reports.. a horrible habit to be sure but well I'm sure the one or two lurkers enjoy it else they can just run off to an LK thread :D

Cheers!
-Liq

:lol: I look at this like a trailer. If I like what I see I might just want the full package (meaning a spot in a roster with liq :eek:)

Top Bottom