Vra-04 - How do you Rhyme with 'Z' Or God Have Mercy!

vra379971

Deity
*looks up from book*

Few people know of how important the Ethiopians are to the world. Called the Land of the Gods by Egypt, it appears in the Iliad and the Odyssey, it was the home to Pharaoh Taharqa, who was called by Strabo, along with Cyrus and Xerxes, one of the ancient world's best military commanders (most likely due to the defense of Jerusalem against the Assyrian army.) So, while Zara is not one of the country's best...

Zara Yaqob
Emperor - Beyond the Sword
Size - Normal
Speed - Epic
Big and Small Map
======================
Victory conditions....

Win in either Cultural, Religious or Space Style.
We must go to the defense of any Civ who owns the Holy City of our chosen religion (and seek to maintain a small garrison there).
We may not found a religion.

Taking my cue from a fine SG idea I saw, we will separate into three advisory groups to honor Ethiopian history...

The Cultural Group, the Religious/Diplomatic Group and the Space Team.

Each group is of course trying to win their victory condition, and led Ethiopia to glory by their hand. To block any overly unfair moves, there will be Core Rules.

Core Rules:

1) You MAY interrupt, but NOT CANCEL BUILDINGS in progress UNLESS the city is under imminent threat of attack.

2) Wonders and/or civics changes need two teams to agree on building/using them. All teams MUST vote. Entering Wars also need two teams to vote in favor as well. Also, Wonders can't be interrupted unless troops are WITHIN city limits!

3) In the case of diplomatic votes, the religious/diplomatic team will have say over how to vote. In addition, all missionary Go-To orders must be obeyed. Furthermore, if available, the diplomatic team has full control over the building of the UN and the AP.

4) In the case of the Space Elevator and Casings, the Spacers will have full control over building of them (when and where).

5) Cultural team gets full control on GA,
Space for GSci and
Religious Diplomacy for GP.
GG, GSpy and GE usage needs 2 factions to agree.

6) Culture CANNOT be built by a CITY.

7) Two members, one team and one vote. So, work out those disputes!

==

I'm good with these. To facilitate faster play, as things go along I will ask teams to choose a general position on how they wish to respond to diplomatic entreaties...which, unless for war, the team playing can choose to ignore...mind you, there is an element of Karma...

====

So, looking for 4-6...

Cultural Group (Full)
1) classical_hero
2) mystyfly
Religious/Diplomatic Group (Full)
3) vra379971
4) Yamps
Space Group (Full)
5) LKendter
6) Quechua

Interesting idea, but my poor laptop doesn't handle large maps well.

Well, we could do normal. Will add you to the list then. Which of the three teams would you like?

Since there is no domination group, I don't care which group I am in.

It'll be an honor to have you here =)

Three more spots!

----

And yeah, I considered Conquest and Domination, but that just isn't in the Ethiopians blood, and would cause too much of a conflict between the teams. (Specifically, would hurt any kind of diplo victory, and could severly injure a UN vote - no matter, this ia a bit of a builder Civ anyway...)

I totally missed this was immortal. I don't want to be the weak link in the game. Please take me off the list.

Core Rule: You CANNOT interrupt builds in progress, UNLESS the city is under imminent threat of attack.
So, when the culture group starts building wonders everywhere, the others
have to sit and wait until they're finished.
Or when a city isn't undersiege anymore, continue building what it was doing before the attack.

Maybe every group should have its own cities, so this rule isn't causing a lot of frustration.

So, when the culture group starts building wonders everywhere, the others
have to sit and wait until they're finished.
Or when a city isn't undersiege anymore, continue building what it was doing before the attack.

Maybe every group should have its own cities, so this rule isn't causing a lot of frustration.

That is true, and admittedly having a city of your own might work better. Will give it some thought and discuss it with the whole team, we need just two more sign-ups...

I'd join you if you need one more for the cultural group. I usually play immortal but don't have much experience with the (IMO) very interesting Cultural Victory.

RE rules:
In case we get close to, say, diplo victory, we should try to avoid that?! Sounds weired :lol: At least it shouldn't be that hard... But when there are three groups in the roster playing "against" eachother, winning at all coule prove difficult...

I don't think it will be able to win via diplo as it's too easy to avoid that. So probabely make 2 3man teams, one space, one culture.

And we gotta restrict our empire size ;)

And, I think, we HAVE to use a spiritual civ unless you want to get a save with 2-3 turns of anarch at the beginning of every set :p

mystyfly: Nah, it should be still possible - will propose the exact rules I have in mind shortly.

Here are my rules proposal.

1) You may not interrupt BUILDINGS in progress UNLESS the city is under imminent threat.

2) Wonders and/or civics changes need two teams to agree on building/using them. All teams MUST vote.

3) In the case of diplomatic votes, the religious/diplomatic team will have say over how to vote. In addition, all missionary Go-To orders must be obeyed. Furthermore, if available, the diplomatic team has full control over the building of the UN and the AP.

---

This should settle it. Due to the fact that these are somewhat peaceful victory conditions, teams will work together most of the way...though, I must admit, there are a few wonders that simply won't get built.

Top Bottom