Many Leaders Game 8 - Fall From Heaven

Ozbenno

Fly Fly Away
Hall of Fame Staff
Welcome to the eighth incarnation of the Many Leaders Game, started many moons ago by mice. The premise is simple. Eveyone plays from the same starting save but as different leaders.

This time, we're going to tackle the most downloaded file from Civ Fanatics, Fall From Heaven! It lends itself to the format exceedingly well as each civilization is very different from the next and the tactics required to suceed are different as well. I have not even played half the leaders yet so would like to see how they all pan out. So let's explore the races of Erebus and whoop some barbarian butt while we're at it :)

I'm only going to have the difficulty on this game set at Monarch, because I want it it to be a demonstration game for Fall From Heaven.

Its not a competition (although maybe later ;)) just a bit of fun to demonstrate how the mod works.

So jump in and grab a leader and nominate the victory you're aiming at (we won't hold you to it). Only one player per leader as well (but happy to accept all multiple leaders for one race). I'm happy for novices to the game to jump in here and grab a leader and use the thread as a learning tool (ask questions etc.).

Reporting:

Try and treat it like a normal SG game. Give as much info as posible about your tactics, plans etc. Screenshots are good, particularly those relatating to FfH content. Can every post a screenshot of their heroes, UUs and UBs and say how useful/different they are etc?

Don't publish half or incomplete reports and then edit later. Wait until you're finished and publish it all, even if you're late.

All turn reports to be enclosed in spoiler tags.

I'm not going to put deadlines on reports, just say they need to be at least every 50 turns and can be a often or spread apart as you feel comfortable with.

Try and edit your starting post in the thread to contain links to all your reports.

Game:

I want some feedback on what people are happy playing with here. I really like the Creation map script and I prefer larger sized maps but I realise most people can't handle this so say what you can do.

Version: 0.32l (as this is the last version of 0.32 and we won't have to worry about newer patches). If people are happy to risk the early versions of 0.33 we can do this but as 0.32 is very stable, I reckon this is the best.
Map: Creation?
Level: Monarch
Size: Standard/Large/Huge?
Speed: Epic
Options: No Tech Brokering
Leader: ? up to you.

Starting Position:

Roster:
Ozbenno - Jonas Endain (Clan of Embers - Evil)
Imhotep - Sabathiel (Bannor - Good)
Immaculate - Alexis (Calabim - Evil)
kobo1d - Tasunke (Hippus - Neutral)
Rex rgius of Tyr - Cardith Lorda (Kuriotate - Good)
moverred - Dain the Caswallawn (Amurite - Neutral)
Vitek - Tebryn (Sheaim - Evil)
Ralph_Jackson - Os Gabella (Sheaim/Infernal - Evil)
slowcar - Beeri Bawl (Luchurip - Good)
Quotey - Arendel Phaedra (Ljosalfar - Good)
schwartz - Faeryl Viconia (Svaltfar - Evil)

Here are some handy links for Fall From Heaven.

Home page
Grey Fox's manual
CFC forum
Civilopedia
Download page

Is it possible to play the map from an earlier patch? If so, i would like to join. I just don't want to patch up to the latest version. Not sure if its possible.

i.

EDIT:
Playing as the calabim
turns 0-49
turns 50-100
turns 100-150

I will play...

Orders from Heaven - The Tale of Sabathiel

As Shadow is all about Good and Evil I will turn away from my usual habit of playing evil civs and lead the Bannor to Victory (hopefully). As my PC is quite powerful I can handle any map size, 0.32 is fine with me too.

Imhotep

You can easily switch between patches, they overwrite each other. I have currently got patch "l" (for the Valledia game) and patch "i" (for the Hyborem game). When I need to use one patch, I just run the installer.

Fair enough.

I would like to play alexis.
i.

PS: I think this is an even better idea for FFH than it is for regular CIV because of the alternative tech (and military) options available. :goodjob: One player may use melee, one magic, one recon and they may never converge. I think we will see really divergent and interesting games. EDIT: Is it worth turning tech trading off (or limiting tech brokering) to further differentiate the games?

For Hippus!

Turns 0-50
Turns 51-100
Turns 100-152

Turns 153-203
Turns 203-250
Turns 251-301
Turns 301-350
Turns 351-400
Turns 401-451
Turns 451-488

Spoiler Original Post :

I've never done one of these before, but I am definitely interested, if you will have me!

Wouldn't the starting positions be affected by the fact that certain civilizations are better in certain terrain? Creation adjusts for this in the script (Elves in forest, etc.) but if everyone starts in the same place, it could be a significant advantage/disadvantage.

I could do any sized map, but prefer smaller ones.

I'd like to play one of my favorite leaders, Tasunke of the Hippus.

I'd like to play! Birthright: Tale of Kylorin's Children

Looking forward to the experiance. :goodjob:

Perpentach? Now there is a story I'd like to hear! I was actually thinking Dain, but now you've got me thinking. Is he not part of that heritage? Looks like I'll have to do my homework to get the RP right.

Also, regular or large maps are what I play as Huge maps can get slow. I do like the full spectrum of nations being represented though, so perhaps huge is the way to go.

Dain and Valledia consider themselves 'children of Kylorin'. I think Dain is more closley related, seeing as Kylorin's blood gave them their magical apptitude. Dain is the best Amurite Mage, and Valledia has little talent for a n Amurite, so I believe Dain is more likley to be a direct descendant.

Perpentach was a student of Kylorin when he was an evil archmage/king. Kylorin then turned good and overthrew Perpentach and the other evil students.

Game Settings-
Requires Complete Kills (Makes an interesting game, hunting down the last hunter of a destroyed civ)
No Tech Brokering (Just Cause)

Also, are our reports supposed to be factual, like thee Hyborem SG, or a story, like the Valledia SG?

Game Settings-
Requires Complete Kills (Makes an interesting game, hunting down the last hunter of a destroyed civ)
No Tech Brokering (Just Cause)

Also, are our reports supposed to be factual, like thee Hyborem SG, or a story, like the Valledia SG?

I like No Tech Brokering but not sure about Requires Complete Kills.

Reports can be either factual or RP as long as you can show of the uniqueness of your leader and race.

I think maybe a Standard size map would be good, but since we want lots of civilizations maybe overstuff it a bit with enemies. 9 would be nice for a Standard map, like Rex rgis of Ter suggested.

No tech brokering is good, I'll even suggest no tech trading at all. I don't really like Complete Kills since it just makes Conquest victory annoying (this coming from the guy who picked Hippus, mind you. ;)) Once they have no cities, they have no realistic chance to come back, so why bother?

Yeah, no "complete kills" here too please.

I would like to join if I can. And if its on Monarch then better, It's my difficulty now.

My choice is Tebryn.

I am OK with no tech brokering, even no tech trading would be fine.

OK, I'm going to put up a starting position in about 12 hours, so the deadline to sign up is then basically. I should have the starting saves up by tomorrow at the latest.

No Tech Brokering and Agressive AI are the only options I'll select. Standard sized Creation map with 8 other AI (3 evil, 2 neutral and 3 good).

Top Bottom