[MOD] Modular United Mods

Liambane

Rome's Praetorian
Modular United Mods (v1.3)
For Colonization 1.01

Last Update July 11 2009.

Please post Feedback or Bug Reports and RATE the mod.

Modular United Mods (v1.3)
42,3 MB - Requires Colonization v1.01 - Over 4000 Downloads Since the first version!

I Make this modular modification for Colonization.
Since I upgraded it as modular will be more easy to change things for everybody.
So you can use my mod for create your own civilization or something else!!!

Modular United Mods aim to be the base where Modders pick modular civilizations to create other mods: This mod only Add Modular civilizations.
Play it and feel free to mod it as you wish.

Merged Mods:
- Modular Chinese Civilization (by Younflancy)
- Modular Swedish Civilization (by Petabyte)
- Modular Portuguese Civilization (by Dale)
- Modular Danish Civilization (by Liambane)
- Modular Russian Civilization (by Piman)
- Some Graphical changes in flags and leaderheads.
- Ozzy's America map modded for be played with this mod (by Ozzy, Masterman and Liambane)

Credits and Thanks:
- To Younflancy for the basic Chinese Civilization.
- To Petabyte for the basic Swedish Civilization.
- To Dale for the basic Portuguese Civilization.
- To Joeaverage & Lubricus & VeBear for Danish city names.
- To Piman for the basic Russian Civilization.
- To Masterman & Ozzy for the map I've included in the mod.
- And in the end, To Me for the Denmark Civilization and for merge all this stuffs and let this be Modular...

Changelogs History since 1.3:
Spoiler :

July 11 2009: 1.3 Version
- Colonization V1.01f compatible.
- Added Modular United Mods Ozzy's America Scenario. (Thx to Masterman)
- Added Russian Civilization. (by Piman)
- Added KRISTIAN IV animated Leaderhead
- Added HANS EGEDE animated Leaderhead

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 1,996
  • Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    147.3 KB · Views: 2,194
  • Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    161 KB · Views: 2,492
OK. I'm confused.... I downloaded, installed and started the game. I couldn't choose "start game", only "load game". Also, I couldn't choose any other country than the usual suspects.

When I checked the XML, Sweden was defined in the XML, so why doesn't it work??? What am I doing wrong?

:confused::confused::confused:

Excuse me... But... Are you sure you know how to load this mod?
That's very strange! Never heard a story like that...
I downloaded and installed the mod right now and it works perfectly.

However, that bug can't be my mod fault because is not programmed for do that things. It's just an add-on and nothing about saved maps.

Be sure to put the mod Unzipped in "Colonization\Mods"
The adavaced setting, load a mod and chose United Mods...
Check COLONIZOPEDIA entries to see if it works...

I don't really know what can it be... It's very strange!!!
Thx for feedback. Keep me informed...

That's great work!
I hope, all new features can be developed as modulars. Then we can merge them easily.

That's great work!
I hope, all new features can be developed as modulars. Then we can merge them easily.

Hi younflancy.
Thx for feedback. :goodjob:

Well, there is a problem that seems nobody have still resolved with modular civilizations... Basically I was creating this mod with MODULAR CIVILIZATIONS but when the game start using the portuguese, seems like you don't have your KING in players list... :confused:

All the XML code is right properly and all the other things works fine. That's the only problem I can't still resolve. I ask the Dale help for fix this bug...

Hope this will soon fixed and then I will load Modular version of this mod...

:confused::confused::confused:

Excuse me... But... Are you sure you know how to load this mod?
That's very strange! Never heard a story like that...
I downloaded and installed the mod right now and it works perfectly.

However, that bug can't be my mod fault because is not programmed for do that things. It's just an add-on and nothing about saved maps.

Be sure to put the mod Unzipped in "Colonization\Mods"
The adavaced setting, load a mod and chose United Mods...
Check COLONIZOPEDIA entries to see if it works...

I don't really know what can it be... It's very strange!!!
Thx for feedback. Keep me informed...

Well... I do know how to load the mod. In fact, the game tells me it's loaded. "United mods" in the top right corner. Still, no Swedish leaders available. No mentions in the Colonizopedia either.

I have a basic install, with Patch 1.3 loaded as patch, not mod, i.e. overwritten the basic install. I can load AoD2 and it works. I have made some modifications to the xml-files on AoD2 to tweak it a bit.

I'll try with a complete "vanilla" installation tomorrow.

I have a basic install, with Patch 1.3 loaded as patch, not mod

99% probably this is the problem... I make this mod for the vanilla 1.00 version of colonization. However I never heard about a Colonization 1.3 patch (can you link it to me?)

I remember how many peoples had this Patch problems with Beyond The Sword mods... In that cases always the patchs were the problem. I bet that once you use vanilla installation this will work for sure :lol:

He means the unofficial patch. :)

OK. Re-installed everything. Loaded United Mods as a mod, didn't work. Overwrote all vanilla with content from United Mods, did work.

Now what? Still confused but on a higher level...

Anyway, I can play the game as I want to, so unless anyone else has this problem, forget it. I can live with it.

This looks great!!!
Really nice work!!!
The only bad thing is that i has'nt buyed (or somthing like that) the game yet, but i promise, the first thing i'm got to do when i buy it, is to download this mod... :D:D:D:goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

Also i have a Question:
Do you think that you could make some simple to use add-ons to this mod. It would have been great too see Germany, Japan and Danmark-Norway as add-on colines. Here are some ideas for the flags:

Denmark-Norway:

Germany:

Japan:

Thanks for having me to buy Colonization even faster:D

P.S.
Sorry for my bad english, i'm Norwegian

This looks great!!! Really nice work!!!

Thx buddy! :)

Do you think that you could make some simple to use add-ons to this mod.

Yes, Those things will be added in future. I agree about add new civilizations. :goodjob:

Look at the top... your Denmark mod just done... :lol::lol::lol: Let me know what you think about... :king:

Sorry for my bad english, i'm Norwegian

Dont' worry about english... I'm Italian and don't know english too. :lol:

Look at the top... your Denmark mod just done... :lol::lol::lol: Let me know what you think about... :king:
Looks real nice... If i only could get my monthly money soon, i dont want to wait so long before i can download it.

NICE WORK BUDDY!!!:goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

when I can fix the modular changes "King Problem" that now doesn't work.)

Is this bug also at other Civs like Denmark or Sweden ? or Only at the Portugal Civ ?

Is this bug also at other Civs like Denmark or Sweden ? or Only at the Portugal Civ ?

Hi Bisonte... I didn't try make Denmark or Sweden as Modular because our last try to make Modular Civ result in a failure... So I wrote the code not modular...
BTW, I think that the problem should remain...

However, here's the link to my Modular Portugal Civilization WITH KING PROBLEM! As you will see if you download it, That King Bug is the ONLY thing that doesn't work... :mad::mad::mad:

Modular Portugal with KING BUG

BTW I think that in MODULAR FILE Civilizationinfo.xml only ONE CIVILIZATION can be explained... Probably that doesn't work cause in our modular portugal we use TWO CIVILIZATIONS in Civilizationinfo.xml...

i wrote u just two seconds before a PM with exactly this words ;)

so i have an idea....

Edit: Idea malfunction.... grrr. I try to make a Civ "Portugal_EUROPE" as standalone... but it don't work together....

I think there should be an Italian city state in the colonization game.
Genoa or Vennice is good.
Genoa has its best explorer Colombus, and has an essential sense of commerce.

Genoa and Venice were very much on the down. They were being traded out of markets by the Hansetic League, the Andualsians and the Flandres mobs.

I'd like to see Oman included. They did a lot of colonising throughout the middle east and eastern African coast.

I think there should be an Italian city state in the colonization game.
Genoa or Vennice is good.

Well... I don't really think that Genoa or Venice fix perfectly in Colonization...
I mean not in the normal Game! They were much more Medieval / Mediterrenean powers... Yes, they were involved in the New World but not as a COLONIZATION country... You know what I mean?

I tink that a scenario with those civs are much more accurate instead that a generic normal random map... That should be a good idea :lol:

Well... I don't really think that Genoa or Venice fix perfectly in Colonization...
I mean not in the normal Game! They were much more Medieval / Mediterrenean powers... Yes, they were involved in the New World but not as a COLONIZATION country... You know what I mean?

I tink that a scenario with those civs are much more accurate instead that a generic normal random map... That should be a good idea :lol:

What about using Italy instead. They had colonies in north and east africa. Their first built colony could be named Tripoli... and so on
They could use the same flag as the romans in Civ4...

Top Bottom