Changes you have made to GEM

Ace of Spades

GEM Fanboy
Hello everyone,

since I have changed a few things for my "personal" version of the GEM mod, I was wondering if others among you have done so as well, and if yes, what you have done specifically.

Things I have changed:

• using the BUG mod with GEM, to get a better overview (especially the scoreboard is very nice)
  • added a terrain with darker seas, since I dislike the light colours
  • increased the power of nuclear weapons, so they become more destructive and eventually may even completely destroy cities when they are too small

Best Regards,
Ace

Probably that's due to resolution (playing on 1600 x 1200). Maybe BUG has something to do with it, too - but I was able to see the whole scoreboard before installing BUG.

Best Regards,
Ace

GEM 5.3 Ancient 26 civs BtS

Using the 28 civ map included with GEM as a template, I've created an Ancient map which includes only pre-modern civs. (The USA and Australia aren't present and Brazil has been relocated as Portugal.)
Although my intention is to create one or more scenarios based off this, I decided to upload the map as a pre-release.

Download and link to GEM 5.3 here:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=11394

Oops! (Seems I left a screen in edit mode...also spelled your name wrong):blush: Should be fine now - thx.;)

Hello everyone,

since I have changed a few things for my "personal" version of the GEM mod, I was wondering if others among you have done so as well, and if yes, what you have done specifically.

Things I have changed:

• using the BUG mod with GEM, to get a better overview (especially the scoreboard is very nice)
  • added a terrain with darker seas, since I dislike the light colours
  • increased the power of nuclear weapons, so they become more destructive and eventually may even completely destroy cities when they are too small

Best Regards,
Ace
in 1500s i always bump up japans population, they had some of the biggest cities in the world in their time.

its also necessary to edit your saves if you want to enjoy a GEM game lasting longer than 500 turns on marathon.

Hello.

I allow public maps in my own GEM, and start a new custom game with:
-tectonics map script
-standard earthlikeness size map, 40 civs, and epic
-barbariancivMOD, techdiffusionMOD

Now my Civ is realy great! :)

But, I want to ask, is there is a possible to add in this "configuration":
-CulturallyLinkedStartsMOD (I do not know how to make it)
-Only OldWorldStarts (it does not work)

I would change the tech speed to make it faster, if I knew how.

Directory:

[...]\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Giant Earth Map\Assets\XML\GameInfo\

There is a file - CIV4GameSpeedInfo.xml

Now, you have a sections:

<Type>GAMESPEED_MARATHON</Type>
[...]
<Type>GAMESPEED_EPIC</Type>
[...]
etc.

In each section you have a parameter: iResearchPercent

You must find your game speed. Now you can increase iResearchPercent or decrease. Increasing may affect slow down the research in game. If you want to have a small costs of techs, so you must to do a reduction. Try to decrease it about -33% for a start. Now, if something tech have a 1000 research points before, it will have about 660 points after changes. Other techs will have also small costs too.

Make sure, that you have a original backup of this file...

Top Bottom