Immortal slavers!

RRRaskolnikov

Goldfish
Hi folks :),

There was some time ago some discussions in the Strategic forum about slavery and the Kremlin... These gave me the will to implement that as i am just a "casual" slaver for now...
Apocalypse Now is not finished yet, but some talks on msn convinced me there is room for yet another game :goodjob:

Game settings:

Pangea map (no time to loose on exploration...), standard size
Normal Speed
Immortal
We must build the Kremlin asap
Leader to be discussed... NO... We will be playing the crazy Aztec leader (Monty for the friends)
No cottages

Beating the AI (or our citizens), discussion, and fun are the focus of this game... 24/48 rule apply...

I will post a save later...

Roster:
Raskolnikov
Rusten
Shyuhe
Jet
PaulusIII
Mystyfly

Cheers,
Raskolnikov :whipped:

Welcome on board Rusten ;) Good to have you here...

btw: comments on settings welcome ;)

You are in Shyuhe ;)
Kremlin beeline? I don't know, not sure how that can be done, and early on there are plenty of different needs anyway... but targeting communism as liberalism freeby sounds cool if doable (depends a little on the AIs lol)...

Cheers

I'd like in, please.

You do a Kremlin beeline by selecting communism in F6 and then just tech everything on that path. Here are the techs it requires:

SM and Communism aren't on the screenshots but you get the idea.

I think you can do it with 5 GS's pretty easily. 2 for SM, 1 for astro 1 for PP, 1 for education, 1 for philo. Since we'll be running an SE anyways, I don't think this should be too hard to do. We can run a GA in pacifism to really speed up the GS production too (although it'll take an extra GP). Too bad literature isn't on the beeline (both NE and GL)... If we're allowed to go off the beeline, then we could tech music and burn the artist to start a GA and avoid wasting the precious GS's.

Just tossing ideas out there really. Either way, I think we need a tighter restriction than just no cottage + slavery with Monty :D If we have to stay in slavery all game, then that might make things a little harder (especially with the communism beeline).

Just tossing ideas out there really. Either way, I think we need a tighter restriction than just no cottage + slavery with Monty :D
Don't forget that we have a frenchie in command of the troops. :cool:

Here Paulus ;)
Jet is also in...

Don't forget that we have a frenchie in command of the troops. :cool:

:mad: (...looking at norvegian jokes...:D)

@Shyuhe: Indeed, there aren't many crucial techs outside the beeline, mainly literature and military ones... I don't want too many hard rules (there is a big one with the cottage thingy), but I like the idea of staying as close as possible of this path... Same with slavery, I think restricting ourself to it with a spiritual leader is a waste, switching in and out of caste could proove to be usefull (as you said).

Save upcoming :scan:...

Cheers

First save I got... scout unmoved...:

Fishing -> BW, partial worker ->wb -> finish worker ->wb ->warrior?

Cheers

Attachments

• Raskolnikov BC-4000.CivBeyondSwordSave
    28.5 KB · Views: 210
Thanks.

In the first post, you mention a thread. Do you have a link?

This game will be interesting. I looks like there is quite some jungle ahead. Capital looks ok - probabely a strategic resource on the grass tile west of capital.

I'd say primary objective is finding a good spot for a GPFarm. Stick to the coast while exploring... often there are great spots with some seafood (tough I doubt there will be many here on that pangaea map).

Fishing -> BW, partial worker ->wb -> finish worker ->wb ->warrior?

Techs, yes. Builds, maybe finish the Worker after the second WB, but it does look like there's an unforested hill ESE. It will be easier for you to estimate or count it after settling.

I would not want us to build more than one Warrior, at most, before the Barracks. Two Workers and a Barracks before the first Warrior might be best if exploration suggests that we have anything worthwhile to do with the chopping hammers.

Techs, yes. Builds, maybe finish the Worker after the second WB, but it does look like there's an unforested hill ESE. It will be easier for you to estimate or count it after settling.

Hum yeah, I will perhaps run some numbers going back home if my head didn't burn in the meantime :crazyeye: (I assume there is no reason to move)

I would not want us to build more than one Warrior, at most, before the Barracks. Two Workers and a Barracks before the first Warrior might be best if exploration suggests that we have anything worthwhile to do with the chopping hammers.

:eek: That's pretty much outside of my standards in immortal... barrack before warrior? There are barbies out there... perhaps I am just paranoid... Have you any numbers on which turn barbs enter borders? (including when targeting units in outer ring of the city, which is earlier iirc than normal behavior)

Cheers

Barbs don't enter until ~2000 BC on immortal. The exact formula is something like when there are 2n+1 cities on the map where n = the number of civs in the game. If there are lots of imperialistic civs on the map (think Joao), I think barbs may enter a little earlier. The earliest I've seen is about 2200 BC though. The outer ring of the city issue can be skirted by careful manuevering of our troops :)

PS. We need to pillage conquered cottages, I'm assuming?

PS. We need to pillage conquered cottages, I'm assuming?

Obviously... as we'll farm them ;)
Tx for the barbs data... I'll toy a bit with the opening before playing... What do you think of Jet's build order?

I would build at least 2-3 warriors and a settler before the barracks. They really aren't much use so early - rather get copper online sooner. We can build rax while regrowing from :whipped: (somehow I imagine we'll see this smilie several times in that thread, don't you? :p).

Let's get these first few turns played :D

Oh, and @shyuhe: Nice to play alongside you again. I have yet to beat the score from "my final huzzah" in a proper game :p;)

Top Bottom