Journey to Nowhere - Game Thread

So, everyone, I am the brewer. I mix drinks and stuff. I could pass for a chemist really. I could pretty much make anything if I have the right ingredients. I can also stay pretty much invisible for a short period of time.

You must have heard of the Crimsorin. Here, try some. Drink... but... very carefully. It's very strong, but it has good healing properties. If you feel tired or down, have a quick drink and you'll feel better. Goes very well with Tom's food actually

Here's another one of mine. Don't drink this one though. It's called the Aquarin and has mind-control properties. Ask me about it later if you want.

Let's head south with Nicosca as our leader.

So, everyone, I am the brewer. I mix drinks and stuff. I could pass for a chemist really. I could pretty much make anything if I have the right ingredients. I can also stay pretty much invisible for a short period of time.

That is good to know for me. If i want to make any medicine of some kind i'll tell you ok?

OOC: Make sure you guys remember to send in orders, if you want to do anything special on your trip. And don't worry, orders are not permanent, you can always adjust them.

What sort of drugs, pray?
The travelling merchant aspect of Cook's background lit up as he saw the potential of the chems - IF the group survived this

Well, I'm off. Come on guys, lets get going. You might find it hard to see me but I assure you all that I'll be there. The scout suddenly starts running forward while staying remarkably hidden behind cover. Suddenly he stops and turns around Hmm... you know, it might not be a good idea in the future to have our leader off in front. It's probably best for now seeing as how the south is heading away from danger but in the future I think we may be more likely to run into an ambush than get caught from behind. Just saying...

OOC: If you two wanna talk while we walk, I'd consider using msn; marcus_hensing@hotmail.com
I'm open for MSN. Mine's listed in the NotW info thread but if you're to lazy to go find it there I'll PM it to those who ask.

"Thank you for your concerns, Ryan, but I think I'll manage just fine with your eyes and Dazzlers ears and nose. If we run into an ambush, I do atleast have a proper weapon instead of a small handgun... We should be okay for now, with the big guns covering our rear."

Ninosca follows Ryan, waiting for the rest of the team to follow.

OOC: I'm lazy :p PM me or just add me and we can talk :)

Journey to Nowhere – 0600 hrs, 22.05.00 (Update 1)

Everyone emerged from their tents, and they properly introduced themselves. After that, the next step was to figure out a plan. Everyone agreed that they should move south, and by 0700 in the morning, they were doing just that, moving in a tight formation, just in case the Vlatixans were nearby.

At noon, the rebels stopped for a quick lunch break, and voted on who their leader should be. Initially, half of the group nominated themselves, but by the day’s end, the only woman, Ninosca, was elected leader. However, the agreement was that this position was really just a tiebreaker vote. With that issue solved, and half of the day’s rations consumed, the party moved forwards.

In the middle of the afternoon, Dickie sent his dog Dazzler to go grab some food. He returned with a rabbit, that Dickie and Dazzler kept for themselves. Also along the way, Dr. Richard collected herbs he found along the way. While these are not full medications, they can be brewed to become medications.

When the sun started to set, the group stopped and set up camp for the night. They were less visibly shaken than they were the day before, but still tense. They finished the last of the day’s rations somewhat quietly, with all conversation kept down in volume. When it became too dark to see, the rebels retreated to their tents, and most managed to sleep fairly alright.

It is now 0600 hrs, the 22nd of Blooming, Year 00. Each person has 6 days of rations left (with exceptions). The next turn will last 24 game hours, and the deadline for orders is Thursday February 26th at 11:59 PM GMT (6:59 PM EST).

Status Report:
I have some personal update PMs to send, based on actions they’ve done. They should be incoming soon. Otherwise, assume inventories are the same, minus one day of rations.

You are in a dense forest, and it is tough to see the sky. You can move in any direction, but these are the main features:
- To the North is where you came from.
- To the West and Southwest are hills (still covered in trees).
- To the North, East, and South are woods (less dense in the North).
- It is rumored that there is an abandoned outpost in the Southeast.
- Estimates say that the town of Bakerstown is two days East of your current location, though this is debatable.

At the moment, keep in mind that you only have six days of food left. Plan wisely.

OOC: I have to say, writing an update is hard when nothing really happens...

- It is rumored that there is an abandoned outpost in the Southeast.
- Estimates say that the town of Bakerstown is two days East of your current location, though this is debatable.
I think that the main choice is between these two options. We do need a larger and more replenish able food supply after all. I say go southeast to the outpost initially and search it for food or anything else that could be of use. If we don't find anything, a single day NorthEast will still get us to the town before our rations run out so that we can... acquire... more.

I'm open for suggestions though. Ninosca?

The scout moves towards Dickie and Dazzler with a hungry look in his eye

Now now, Mr. Hall, there's really no need to use such shady words as acquire when we all know precisely what you mean. We don't need to acquire any food. We'll get it honestly. What makes us better than this corrupt regime? It should be our moral superiority. I mean, honestly, back out where I come from, where everything is big, we were always honest, 'cause nobody else was. Set us apart. People trusted us. We gotta be trustworthy, s'all...

If Mike Hammer were in our world, an image of the American flag would have appeared behind him to compliment his words. Some patriotic music would crescendo in the background. Maybe some iconic images of longhorn and the such would flash onscreen. As it was, his words were rather anticlimactic.

Anywho, we've got to make a choice. Outpost, or town. I say we strike Southeast, for the outpost. The town probably won't be too far off, so we can set up a base of operations there, at least temporarily. Then, if he wants, Alen and here he looked quickly at the orphan and looked away before he could give him a withering glare can help me set up base. Mr. Barrow can scavenge around for food, the good doctor can look for herbs, we'll take some sort of defense squad, and the rest can head towards the town and get us some money, or rations, or something.

At least, that's just what I've been thinking.

The softspoken man gives a gentle smile and waits for the winds of public opinion to debate his words.

You should remember that a significant number of your weapons, dear sir were procured from the Vlatixian armoury in Aresville.
Many things about this rebellion do not fit particularly well with these ideals. We're all fighting to survive by ourselves as a team now - and we need to get what we need by whatever means necessary.

In case you forgot, you can't exactly walk up to a townsman and say, "I'd like a pound of cheese and two loaves of bread for two and six, please".

Again, I'm not too fussed where we go as long as it's NOT towards Bakerstown. It's a pretty large town and would be swarming with Vlats on leave.

Alen frowns briefly in Mike's direction, but stops when it's clear that the older man isn't even looking at him. Once Mike is done talking, Alen speaks up for the first time.

"Why bother going to the outpost? We don't know exactly where it is, or what's there. We're not even sure that it exists! I say we go to Bakerstown, to the East. The sooner we find more Imperials to kill, the better. Also, it'd be better to establish ourselves in a city than out in some abandoned shack that probably doesn't exist. The wilderness is dangerous and inhospitable, but a city has all the suppplies we could ever need."

Cook rolls his eyes at the child's words

Bakerstown, my dear child is *larger* than Areville. And full of Vlats. Do you plan to kill a town that's swarming with soldiers on leave from the Vlat attack AND Vlat civilians who generally think Arevillians are a bunch of hillbillies (which you guys are, he thought to himself) and yokels from the border.
I'm no mathematician, but it does seem that 12 against 12000 are not particularly good odds.

My weapon, at least, Mr. Cook, was not procured from everywhere. Back where I come from, we loved our guns. This here's just a little pistol from back there. A memory of times past. Anyway, I'm not that big into guns. Sure, I kept a shotgun in my house for defense, but heavens, I don't like warfare. I wasn't too keen on hunting either.

But, back to the point, Mr. Cook. Why can't we walk up and ask for food? I'm sure the good Doctor has money. We could sell things. Or, God forbid Mr. Cook, we could do some honest work.

In any case, there's no need to be so condescending to the child. Look, Alen, we know the outpost might exist. That's good enough for me. If it exists, we'll hole up. If it doesn't, it's not like it's in the opposite direction of the town. We'll be able to make our way there.

Let us go to the south-east. Where it is both hills and perhaps an outpost.

Doctor Richard opens his pocket and take out a dry herb

The herbs i found is pretty common, mostly because you can smoke it and get high. However, it can be distilled into a medicine.

I'm talking to the brewer. Are you able to distill it? I don't have the devices.

Mr. Hammer, not everyone comes from such an educated and obviously prosperous background as you.

You may blend in easily whatwith your accent and all that, but have you considered the others who didn't really have the fortune to obtain their university accent? Their northern accents would give them away. A fart from them would bring the Vlatixians on us, do you honestly think Bakerstown is the place to go? In the den of the enemy itself?

Or are you just trying to get us killed?

Top Bottom