QIN (Industrious-Deity series)

obsolete

Deity
QIN (Industrious-Deity series)

Well, now that the Louis game is coming to an end, it's time to get someone else out the door. I guess it's time to finally try the Chinese. The other French leader can wait a while.

The one issue though is regarding the crossbow UU. It keeps being mentioned on the forum that they are too overpowered. So to prevent any backlash from exploiting it in order to showcase industrious, I am going to try and nerf myself here AGAIN. Just like in the Roman game, I will prohibit myself from warring with any of the crossbows. In fact, I'll promise I won't allow myself to build any at all. Hopefully this will applease the critics (doubtful)?

Anyhow, about our last game with the AP, it could have/should have been done better, so now that we learned a few more important things, let's try to do it again, but better. I also will try and prove that it wasn't just a lucky FLUKE.

So... let's get back down to work on cracking these deities...

:: Industrious-Deity Series Archive ::

Definitely looking forward to this one. Aside from the protective trait--which I guess at least benefits the UU--I think Qin is a pretty strong leader.

Turn 0
Spoiler :

Hmm. Nothing much to really say here. Looks like it is pretty obvious I’ll have to just settle in place here. Nothing much else to debate.

Turn 0-10
Spoiler :

We popped a hut, but only got gold.
Then on turn #8 we ran into the other Chinese leader. He must be very close...
At the end of our turn-set, it becomes apparent that we are stuck alone on this island. That’s ok, at least we won’t have many barb problems to worry about. Hopefully Kublai settles next to me so I can flip his cities.

Turn 10-20
Spoiler :

I have now scouted the whole island. There are definitely no hidden connections.
6 turns till priesthood is done so we can start on Oracle, as soon as we finish the Henge. Both early religions are gone now, but Kub is having trouble getting any spread to him.

Turn 20-30
Spoiler :

We put our last hammer into the Henge on turn #26. I have decided to try and snatch Jewdiasm with oracle (if it works!), that way if I miss Christianity and Islam, I still at least can own a religion. It is extremely doubtful my tech path will get me Taoism.

Turn 30-40
Spoiler :

A good event for once. Very nice truffles, which help a LOT here since I’m still working everything UNIMPROVED here, haha.

Turn 40-50
Spoiler :

We finished Oracle, and picked our freebie on turn #48. Had Jewdiasm already been taken, I would have preferred to take Monarchy for future plans.

Turn 50-60
Spoiler :

Nothing much but a few revolts, and I got a worker out so I could finally have something to do some improvements. I also am building wealth. Hopefully we can turn Kublai to the DARK SIDE of the force once we get open borders. 4 more turns!

Turn 60-70
Spoiler :

We popped our priest, and ran our first and only planned bulb of the game. This gave us Christianity too. So now we begin work on the AP with OR and it’s time to finally get bronzeworking out of the way.
Actually, I started to work on a second worker, so that I’d have two ready when BW came in.
Note: Kublai made the Jewdiasm conversion.

Turn 70-80
Spoiler :

We are off double-chop-mining now...

Turn 80-90
Spoiler :

Forests are being cleared, mines are appearing on hills. We are almost there...
And when we are, we’ll work on our food sources...

Turn 90-100
Spoiler :

Alright, this turnset may be misleading for a few reasons. Actually I haven’t even played up to turn #100 yet, I saved at #93, because this is where I put in the last hammer into the AP.

However, even this is a bit misleading, because I still want to do a revolt this turn, so AP will be delayed yet another turn. Anyhow, after this save-point I installed the new beta for Bug-mod, and we will be testing it out for the rest of this game. Hopefully nothing ends up breaking, but I think we should be ok.

hahaha, 500BC and you still only have 3 population in total? you crazy man! Wouldn't it have been faster to take fishing earlier, build a work boat, and grow a bit?

Wouldn't it have been faster to take fishing earlier, build a work boat, and grow a bit?

Doubtful, unless you mean faster to die...

Royal-I think Obsolete just has to make his post for the Louis game to finish it up.

From the last post, I think I was off by just 5 votes. So I thought it was obvious it's pretty much wrapped up. But I will post part of the last turn-set soon to remove any doubts.
Oh, and Kublai is Mongolian, not Chinese.

Yes, I keep getting them always mixed up. It should have been obvious though, IIRC the game prevents multiple leaders from the same nation.

you'll have way to little pop., even if you spread to 1 city/civ... plus wonderspam without mids?

it's not like anyone could've snatched AP in -550 bc...

Game won. ;) AP Christian, Kublai gets to Friendly with Judaism and Bure and votes...

Can we have a different map rather than Archipelago next time with some conquering again? :D :ar15: AP victory is not worth bothering...

Don't worry guys, a diplomatic victory doesn't take much of a civilization to win. You just have to know what you're doing...

IIRC the game prevents multiple leaders from the same nation.

You can't get random leaders from the same civ. You can certainly can assign it in the CG game launch screen though, even with unrestricted leaders off. It's even HoF legal to do it, so you can go with all 3 americans, 2 indians, and a couple from england.

You can't get random leaders from the same civ. You can certainly can assign it in the CG game launch screen though, even with unrestricted leaders off. It's even HoF legal to do it, so you can go with all 3 americans, 2 indians, and a couple from england.

damn, he's onto me >.>

:lol:. I've never actually checked your logs, but have been meaning to of course given your space times. Competition from me is non-existent though, because truth be told, there's an element required of HoF top scores that I will eternally lack in gaming (and probably the reason I'm not playing deity rather than wheezing by at immortal): patience ;).

Edit, though I've not checked, I'd be a little surprised if you used those leaders. Vicky dows at pleased, and the americans, while having high peace weights that would encourage global trading, are not techmongers in AI hands.

Game won. AP Christian, Kublai gets to Friendly with Judaism and Bure and votes...

gets to friendly in... 200 turns; plus apparently he's alone on his island too, so it's lonely heart weighting dow on another lonely heart... if he won't invade it'll truly be a miracle.

you'll have way to little pop.

No, pop is not the worry here.

Anyway, things ended up taking a really bad turn for us here... But it probably was unavoidable, sometimes you just get those deity maps that force you into BC confrontations.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Turn 100-110
Spoiler :

Grrr. We switched to Christianity, finished AP. And then switched back to Jewdiasm. And wouldn’t you know it, just after the last switch, Khan ends up switching to Christianity! So then I had to switch all the way back again.
Now I got some big problems on my hands, and I’m going to be competing with Khan. At least I can try to get him some friendly points by voting for him.
But now, with the other switches, etc. I am going to have no choice but to prepare for a possible war here. He has a basepeaceweight of just 1, and even attacks at pleased, so I am going to have to get some archers on the ready just-in-case now. What a waste of resources.

Turn 110-120
Spoiler :

We popped a priest and used him for the Christian Shrine. We also got 232 gold from the Pyramids. If only we had someone who was more trustable (like Boudica) next to us, we could have wonderspammed like no tomorrow and been in a great position.

Turn 120-130
Spoiler :

Damnit. And now Khan changes his religion AGAIN! This time to Hinduism? Now I have to waste more and more turns in anarchy myself. Now to get rid of my own religion and....

Oh crap. Worst possible timing ever. I swiched out of Theocracy, and out of religions, and here comes Khan backstabbing me in 275 AD, while I’m still stuck in anarchy. Somehow... I had a feeling this was coming! What a terrible rigged map.
Only thing now, is to keep building my stack of archers. Come to think of it, despite industrious-protective seem to be rated as the worst combo on the forum, I am actually thinking it worked out just perfect here, considering the way things are going!

Turn 130-140
Spoiler :

Hmm, in the heat of battle I get a silly Horse Training Quest. Like that is ever going to happen now!!!
Anyhow, Khan was too smart to attack just yet with his pitiful little band, so he began to ship more units.. and more units.. and more units.

Turn 140-150
Spoiler :

Khan was finally willing to talk, but would under no circumstance agree to peace. So we just stared at each other until....
Khan got tired of it and attacked me from two opposite flanks. I of course raped him with my protective archers.
Funny thing is, my kill ratio was not high enough (guess because I lose 1 whopping archer), so he still wouldn’t agree to peace.
But then.... random event came up... Mongolia showed mercy for our wounded, and we decided what the hell, lets end this war and gain +1 relations. Phew!!! This war started back in the BC era, and it didn’t end until 725 AD!!! Now that’s a long war!
And... some bad news is that it seems that we are most likely isolated from everyone else due to ocean tiles. Our tech is going to be absolutely terrible now... but we will manage somehow..

Turn 150-160
Spoiler :

We popped another priest, and built the other shrine. And then a typical deity sized naval SoD came right next to my capital. No problem, we were locked in peace.

My worry though was that it was about to expire. And the round that happend... I cringed and got ready... but no, nothing happened. He continued sailing it off somewhere to the West. Looks like he already had battle plans to hit someone else. Maybe my awesome kill-ratio deterred him? I’m glad I didn’t have to fight another thousand years war, haha.
So now... finally I get the chance to eek out my first settler, in 980 AD. Haha! Here comes Horsie City.

Turn 160-170
Spoiler :

Alright, we ended up meeting Monte (just great). He’s not at war with Khan, but both of them are wehorn right now. Interesting.
Then at the end of this turnset, we meet Justinian, but he’s not at war with anyone either, despite running a heathen religion. Hmm!
I have 3 civs left now to find in order to help me piece together what is going on. In the meantime, I am spamming Jews into Khan’s lands like there is on tomorrow. If I can get him to swap to that faith, I’ll join too. My problem is that I don’t have Hinduism and it is unlikely I ever will now. This just wasn’t a really favourable map for us.

Turn 170-180
Spoiler :

We run into Ragnar, who is wehorn too but not at war with anyone that I can tell. Hmm!
Then on turn #178, Khan is the first to Liberalsim. And we end up failing the useless quest of Horse Whispering, haha.
And at the end of our turn-set, we settle what is most likely going to be our last city. Copper City, FINALLY!

Turn 180-190
Nothing worth noting.
-ni

Turn 190-200
Spoiler :

We met up with Catherine. And it seems apparent that she is currently at war with Ragnar. So that explains a little bit.
And then, finally Khan ends up dong a voluntary switch to Jewdiasm. We follow suit of course. As we are stuck at a lousy +3 right now if we don’t take any action...
Another thing to think about, is we only have 3 total cities, which is half of what I prefer as my minimum sized empire.

Wow....:crazyeye: So, some delays in the AP plan after all. Eagerly awaiting the continuation...

Diplomatic victories should be removed from the game. It seems a bit unrealistic to think someone with a 300 power rating could ever win the game. In my opinion, very boring and unspectacular.

^Don't think so myself. Most deity games are won by building a fast teching empire that wins by space or killing some civs mid/late game. Cultural is also seen sometimes of course. Obsolete shows in his deity games that the game can be won by other means, also on this level.

Top Bottom