Journey to Nowhere - Game Thread

We should follow ronin for now. I could really use a bigger gun though... I could use some of his food as well as the cooking equipment/sleeping stuff as i have basically nothing... I guess i could share the tent with benjamin though.. It is cold to sleep outside.

*Dickie theatrically nudges Dazzler with his elbow, and whispers loudly in the dog's ear.*

Hear that, Daz? I think we may have our first rebel romance.

Miss Selena and Mr Cook... Aye, they'd make a lovely couple, I'm sure.

Not like that... We just share a tent for shelter, nothing else...

No. I think I'll keep watch tonight. We need to be concerned about how we are going to be moving our wounded. Any suggestions Doc? Anyway you can have your Drugs and Poisons, your medical book, your scalpel, your healing herbs, and your rations. Yuo can't have your gun. We have enough wounded to tend to without you having to worry about fighting. Leave that to me.

We need to continue to get as far away from the caves and airship wreck as possible. The Ronin's idea is as good as any and we should make good time if he's scouting for us in an area he knows.

Journey to Nowhere – 0600 hrs, 29.05.00 (Update 9)

The 28th of Blooming was marked by death. After the death of Thomas in the beginning of the battle, there was the job of dividing up his things. Not everything has been distributed yet, but 2 clips of pistol ammo, as well as a tent and sleeping bag, were distributed to Selena Demas, and the 6 days of food were split between Benjamin Cook and Selena Demas.

A few hours after the battle, Ninosca passed away from her injuries. Her things must now be distributed. Amongst them are 6 more days of food, a knife, a pistol, an AK47, and a tent and sleeping bag. Terni Hans has not died, but is still badly wounded and cannot move easily. Given everything that the group had to deal with, they could not travel far. However, they did travel south in the late afternoon, after gathering some supplies from the dead soldiers. (All gathered supplies are listed in the Status Report.)

Along the way, The Ronin stayed away from the group, keeping an eye open for any potential ambushes. Fortunately, there were none. When the group settled down for the night, The Ronin joined them, and mentioned that there’s a Rebel Safehouse a couple of days south of here, near the train tracks. He said it was their best hope of escaping the Vlatixan Empire. After quietly eating their food, everyone went to sleep, exhausted by the day’s events.

The next morning, everything seemed normal. Terni Hans was slowly recovering, but still badly wounded. As everyone got up and came out of their tents, they started to realize something wasn’t quite right. Then, Doctor Richard asked where Jeremy Bentham was, and nobody could answer.

It is now 0600 hrs, the 29th of Blooming, Year 00. The next turn will last at least 24 game hours (probably 48), and the deadline for orders is Saturday March 21st at 11:59 PM GMT (7:59 PM EDT – Daylight Savings).

Status Report:

Jeremy Bentham is missing. Nobody seems to know where he is. Terni Hans is recovering, but hardly mobile. Ninosca, your old leader, is dead. Whether or not you elect a new leader is up to you.

The following are things from your dead comrades that need to be distributed:
- 6 Days' Food
- Cleaver
- Knife
- 2 Pistols (8 Clips)
- AK47 (3 Clips and 20 Spare Bullets)
- Tent and Sleeping Bag

Also, you managed to gather the following from the dead soldiers:
- 5 Days' Food
- 2 Vlatixan SMGs (4 Clips)
- 3 Snipers (3 Clips)
- Rocket Launcher (2 Rockets)

Everyone’s getting an Inventory PM, since things have changed around quite a bit this turn.

Map:

So, someone took my knife during the night.

I'm going to put two and two together and assume that it was the work of Mr. Bentham.

OOC: So... anyone else want to participate? Half of the time to the deadline has passed already...

I heard Jeremy leave the tent in the night. I'll be happy to take an SMG and a sniper, should leave me with enough weaponry... Some food would also be nice, maybe distribute it evenly? If Jeremy is a traitor he'll probably alert the Vlaxians to our presence, going to the safe house might not be so wise after all..

*Dickie has started swinging Delilah like a golf-club once again - a sure sign that he's deep in thought. Dazzler, meanwhile, is cuddled up next to the injured Terni, and is making soothing noises. It seems Dr. Richard could learn something about bedside manner from this scruffy old canine.*

"The food ought to be distributed as evenly as possible, yeah. As to the weapons, I'm quite happy with my crossbow, so you all can take whatever you want. Whatever you guys don't want, I'll take and break down for parts. You can never have enough of those. Those rockets especially could be interesting...

"As to Bentham, I hadn't marked him for a traitor. I doubt we could find him in this wilderness anyway. I guess there's nothing to do but continue south and hope he comes back."

Well for the rockets i should be able to use them at least... So no need to break them down into parts. Unless you have an idea for what we could build out of the parts first...

OOC: Aw, too bad. I know it's not nice of me, but because of five days absence, I am going to allow myself one last IC post since time hasn't actually moved since I passed away.

Ninosca's body was in desperate cramps from her several injuries. The doctor had, correctly, assumed that her odds of surviving were low. She cursed in her mother tongue through gritting teeth before speaking what would be her last words.

"I... Am sorry. I should have known better than to trust him after he survived the attack. I want you all to continue the fight without me. The cause is more important than any single one of us. I want my weapon and ammunition to pass on to the doctor as a sign of trust, and..."

She sighs heavily before continuing: "... As an apology for misjudging him. His brave attempt to save my life was..." Ninosca seems to forget what she is saying halfway through the sentance.

"Heed my one last command; Break them."
She speaks with a pained smile on her face. She breathes out as Dazzler approaches and carefully snuffs at her face. Her eyes flicker and close as the last cramp ebbs out and her body settles in the calm of death. Between her teeth, still resembling a small smile, blood runs down her chin and throat.

Ninosca had died.

I'm gonna continue what I've been doing with my new weapon... Have a search for tracks for the missing lad as well...

There's no need to search for him, let's just keep going south. I'll be fine without any weapons, since I can't use them, but if you have any extras, just give one to me.

I also don't know if we should elect a new leader. Maybe we should just not elect one, it seems to not have worked for us so far...

There's no need to search for him, let's just keep going south. I'll be fine without any weapons, since I can't use them, but if you have any extras, just give one to me.

I also don't know if we should elect a new leader. Maybe we should just not elect one, it seems to not have worked for us so far...

That seems like a very suspicious thing to say *readies pistol with a satisfying click*. I'm still going to look for him thanks.

Mike Hammer rolls his eyes, probably the rudest gesture he has made yet on the journey. That gentility of his...

Put your gun away, Mr. Ronin, there is no need to become violent. You can run off and look for Mr. Bentham if you like, but the prudent thing for us to do is to keep heading south towards the rebel safehouse. I don't want to waste our time on a wild goose chase looking for him. If we happen to find him, we'll find him. Otherwise, let's get to the safe house before we run out of rations and ammunition.

I'm a lot faster than you guys, I'll go alone and move silently through the woods. I will be able to pick up his tracks and I'll be on the look out for traps. I'll send out a birdcall if I find anything and you guys come running.

*Shows the birdcall*

Terni heard the yelling after Ninosca died. He lifed his pained eyes to see Ronin and Mike yell at each other. Ronin is saying that Mike's reference of a lack of leader is suspicious while Mike told Ronin to put his gun away.

"You two settle down: We are all in this together right?"

I feel that if we go now, we could get away before Bentham does anything is a spy. If not, then it's still imperative we get to the border - unless the Ronin can guarantee that there aren't Vlats around here.
One man wouldn't be able to take us all down - especially if we get to the border as fast as possible. I say we push on.

But yes, if Ronin wishes to go look for tracks, then we may as well go ahead and let him do so. Unless for some reason, any of us are suspicious of him for abandoning us.

Top Bottom