Doomed Galactic Journey (Game Thread)

Vanguard shakes his head. Scientists are more egocentric and self-concious that most of the people he is used to work with. Why don't they just listen and do as they are told?

Out loud, he says: "You mean you would want me to vote to have the good doctor Abgar killed? That'd make sense, considering you scientists will play a role in getting us to safety. No, I stand by my word, the mentally unstable one will have to go..."

"You mean you would want me to vote to have the good doctor Abgar killed? That'd make sense, considering you scientists will play a role in getting us to safety. No, I stand by my word, the mentally unstable one will have to go..."

Did you even notice that I voted for the same person as you? Honestly, GoodsVehicleProtector, you need to start paying closer attention to what's going on around here.

Sir Lucas Forsyte entered the room this time wearing a cape.

Pish-posh! Me, mentally unstable person? Surely you jest. For indeed, the wealthy Forsyte family are renowned for some of the finest business clever minds east of jupiter. The very idea that my father paid a substantial amount of money to get me on this ship to get me as far away from earth due to my psychosis, is outright laughable. Ha!

No, Abgar is the real villain here. That is what they all told me.

I say, gentlemen, make me your leader and there will be no more of this nonsense. And there will be walnuts all around! Walnuts.

"Yes, I did notice, miss, and I'd ask of you to titulate me in a proper manner, like I do to you. I just wondered why you were arguing against the only person who voted the same way as you."

My apologies, Kulko. I retract my vote.

(OOC: As I'm ungodly distracted today, I won't try to make another one.)

"I can't believe you really want to execute somebody" Dawn said "there must be another way to figure this out somehow".

This-vot-ing-for-ex-e-cu-tion-is-rid-ic-u-lous-we-have-no-ev-id-ence-i-vote-no-bod-y-to-die

Public Posting Closed, Update in a bit.

Doomed Galactic Journey
Evening 1

After the commotion over seeing Splime dead had died down, the passengers on the ship had to figure out what to do about the situation they were in. Dr. Winnie (Winston Hughes) and Renata almost immediately noticed that the limited oxygen supply would not allow everyone to survive until reaching the colony site. Renata thought to ask if androids breathe, a question shared by most of the passengers. Botetta9000 and Kulko both told everyone that they did not breathe, but given the oxygen situation, this may have just been to defend themselves from the voting mobs.

Early on, the voting for the new leader began, with Vanguard (Diamondeye) nominating himself for the role. His rival would be Renata, who did not want the position, but accumulated votes anyway, as many thought this lack of wanting the position would make her a good leader. Sir Lucas Forsyte (Snerk) also got a vote to be leader, but it was his own.

As far as executions were concerned, no nominations surfaced for at least half of the day. However, after a friendly reminder from the Computer System that execution votes would be necessary, the first person nominated for execution was Abgar, the Professor. The vast majority of the vote, however, went to say that nobody should be executed, despite objections from Dr. Winnie and Vanguard that they were letting a mentally unstable person suck up their precious oxygen.

Towards the end of the day, it was clear that nobody would be executed, or even quarantined, tonight. The race for leader was separated by 1 at the end of the day, with Renata in the lead. Then the computer screens came down again, displaying the following results:

Full Results

Leader:
Vanguard (Diamondeye): 8
Renata: 7
Marius Danhavi (PaulusIII): 1
Sir Lucas Forsyte (Snerk): 1

Execution:
nobody: 8
Abgar: 5
Sir Lucas Forsyte (Snerk): 2
hell_hound: 1

Distance to Nova Vlatixa: 365 Space Units
Distance from Vlatixan Empire: 85 Space Units
Current Velocity: 35 units per 12 hours towards Nova Vlatixa (approx. 5 days to go)
Oxygen Remaining: 133 12-hour units

Somehow, Vanguard had gained 2 extra votes, as had Abgar. The group of passengers became noisy, arguing over how Vanguard could have won, after recounting everyone’s vote by hand. Then, the intercom came on again:

“Listen, the vote goes by my rules, and my rules say that any vote in my system, regardless of whether or not you consider it valid, is counted. After analyzing the votes, Vanguard is your new leader, and nobody will be executed or quarantined. Lights out everyone, emergency protocol.”

It is now night. Public posting is prohibited. Morning in ~24 hours.

Doomed Galactic Journey
Morning 1

In the morning, everyone slowly trickled into the dining hall, ready to start yet another day of danger. However, after a bit of time, they realized that Dr. Winnie (Winston Hughes) was missing. Once this was realized, a search began, with Vanguard leading the way. They opened up her sleeping quarters to discover that she had been beheaded, much like Colonel Splime had yesterday. On the wall was written “You’re all going to die up here” in Dr. Winnie’s blood. The group also found that Dr. Winnie possessed two 24h batteries that looked like they were designed to power an android.

Spoiler :
Dr. Winnie (Winston Hughes) was innocent!

Once they had found Dr. Winnie’s corpse, the passengers gathered into the dining hall again to discuss what they would do, and who the main suspects were. Just then, the familiar screens came down:

Distance to Nova Vlatixa: 330 Space Units
Distance from Vlatixan Empire: 120 Space Units
Current Velocity: 35 units per 12 hours towards Nova Vlatixa (approx. 4.5 days to go)
Oxygen Remaining: 116 12-hour units

The regular computer intercom came with it:

“Well hello again! I see you’ve had quite a night… As per emergency protocol, execution votes will continue as normal today (in bold). Also, Dr. Winnie’s batteries must be redistributed. Please vote for two people to have them (in bold orange).”

It is now day. Please place your votes. ~48 hours until evening.

"Gods allmighty... this really is happening isn't it? well, allright then", Dawn tried to put herself into a mindset similar to one she had when dealing with pressing problems on the farm back home, "before this derails any further I propose that we distribute the batteries among the humans. just as a precaution. I know it is just some urban legend but it does not hurt to be safe." She tried hard not to think about Winnie's last moments or who had done the deed. The way you solve a problem is one tiny step at a time. preferrably with some help...

I nominate myself for the batteries. Some ***** stole my main battery last night and I've only got forty-eight hours of charge left before I deactivate. This of course is only a tempoary solution to a permanent problem. If anyone holds a spare main battery and would like to come forward I would be happy to exchange my spare tank of precious oxygen (commissioned to me by the guard) for another main battery. Please help me.

That ... hurts. I liked Winnie. She tried a little too hard, maybe, with all that waving her hair about, but her heart was in the right place.

Batteries, accusations, I don't know. I'm depressed.

That ... hurts. I liked Winnie. She tried a little too hard, maybe, with all that waving her hair about, but her heart was in the right place.

Batteries, accusations, I don't know. I'm depressed.

Save your depression for the dead and help me acquire some fresh charge.

Direct, aren't you? What's in it for me other than your eternal gratitude?

Direct, aren't you? What's in it for me other than your eternal gratitude?

Not getting another person on the ship who's not taking up any oxygen killed? Future support? A warm fuzzy feeling? I would say there's a lot in it for anyone. If you just sat back and watched me die then how would you be any different to the killer/s?

EDIT: There isn't time for all this crap anyway, I only have a limited number of hours of charge left before I deactivate. You're either helping me or you're helping the killer/s.

"well, droid, what can you do?"

Nope, no doubt about it - there are rebels aboard. As for the batteries, the medic should get them, so I nominate The13thRonin.

Top Bottom