Doomed Galactic Journey (Game Thread)

The professor looks around, he seems a bit flustered. He opens his mouth, but then shuts it, thinking it might be better to say nothing. But he decides he must speak up.

"The problem is we can't just continue to kill nobody. Our oxygen supplies are running out and there is a killer on the loose. We can't just continue to vote for nobody. We must kill someone, though none of us wish for more death."

OOC: OK, guys, please don't edit your posts. If The13thRonin hadn't alerted me to Abgar's edit, I would have completely missed it. Even if your post was the last one, just make a double post.
:o Sorry about that.

I think is incredibly unlikely that The13thRonin committed the murders. However, one android did committ the killings. Only an android would be capable of such a brutality without becoming gory mess. I think its more likely that said killer android worked in concert with a Rebel Saboteur
to frame The13thRonin.

I am an Android not a Robot Sir! All the gory mess problems would be the same for me as for you.

There-is-no-real-ev-id-ence-a-gainst-an-y-one-i-vote-no-bod-y-to-be-ex-e-cut-ed

I vote for nobody. We need to keep in mind that there are people manipulating the votes, and it would be sad to see someone die...

And I must say, the possibility of having one of the scientists study the battery is a good one as well. Ronin can have the one he needs, but the other goes to Abgar for studying.

recap: one battery to Ronin, that's all I know. do with the other as you please. I can not vote for somebody to be executed at his point, especially somebody I just helped to be elevated into a position that makes him likely to be attacked it seems. nobody should die.

Don't waste any batteries on doctors or medics. They know nothing! They just keep filling you with drugs saying that it's for your own good. Claiming that the voices in my head aren't ancient gods who have chosen me as their earthly tool. And that the potato people in the cargo bay is a figment of my imagination. Lies!

The batteries goes to Tasslehoff!

One doctor is already dead, but medic Ronin still lives. Well not on my watch...

Right, so I am back.

Not if anyone cares though, I'm just a simple repair robot. Can I return to my dark corner again? I feel like I have no use at all. I'm programmed to survive. I need the batteries, as I am the one who shall repair everything you guys break. I still don't think anyone gives a jack.

Awful day isn't it?

If you don't give a jack about me, I will do the same to you. I won't vote for anyone until anyone gives me a good reason.

Vanguard looks at the repairbot: "You wouldn't know how to repair the ship's oxygene generator, then? That would really be good, since we're in a bit of need of breathing air if we are to reach the colony."

"Then perhaps you could repair the airlock? And don't worry about my pity, I'm inclined to think that a repairbot that cannot repair anything is not worthy of pity."

Ronin, I am sorry. I would have liked to work with you, but I simply find your story as it stands impossible to believe, and I don't want to give you any items while that is still the case. Since it seems I can't prevent you obtaining at least one battery, I will settle for quarantining you as the next best thing. If you are innocent, maybe your time alone will entice you to finally acknowledge the concerns that some of us have.

Batteries to Abgar and e350tb for what it's worth -- the scientist I wished for and the next highest vote getter who is not a second scientist.

Unless anyone has anything hugely important to do in the next 30 minutes, I'm setting up the update now.

Go for it :)

Doomed Galactic Journey
Evening 2

After the shock over Dr. Winnie’s death, the Field Medic Android The13thRonin claimed to have had his main batteries stolen, and commotion over that issue erupted. Many people didn’t believe it was even possible to remove a battery like that, and those that did didn’t believe it was possible to still operate without the main battery. The debate was especially important because Dr. Winnie possessed 2 batteries that looked like they could fit in an android, and people wondered whether or not to give batteries to The13thRonin, who claimed to need them, or a scientist who could study them.

Execution votes weren’t as slow as before, with Vanguard (Diamondeye) and The13thRonin being the leading vote getters. The person in the lead changed hands throughout the course of the day, and it seemed as though both would be quarantined, and that there may even be an execution. By the end of the day, both Vanguard (who was voted the leader just a day earlier) and The13thRonin were tied, but a surge of votes to execute nobody prevented both from being in the quarantine zone.

The only thing everyone had to look forward too was Charles Li’s cooking, and that didn’t turn out very well, since Benny Lava (BananaLee) accidentally sneezed into the food, and it had to be thrown out. Just when things couldn’t get worse, the screens came down again, a grim reminder of their fate:

Full Voting Charts

Batteries (2):
The13thRonin: 17
Abgar: 9
Abaddon: 7
e350tb: 3
Love, BananaLee, Mergle, Tasslehoff, Kulko: 1 each

Execution/Quarantine:
The13thRonin: 9 (Quarantine until Morning 3)
Nobody: 8
Diamondeye: 6

Distance to Nova Vlatixa: 295 Space Units
Distance from Vlatixan Empire: 155 Space Units
Current Velocity: 35 units per 12 hours towards Nova Vlatixa (approx. 4 days to go)
Oxygen Remaining: 100 12-hour units

Just like yesterday, the secret votes were back, but there were even more of them. The13thRonin, who had been safe from quarantine, was now being forced in by an “invalid” vote. However, she did get a main battery out of the deal. Also, oxygen levels were going down. If the enemy didn’t kill everyone off, the oxygen depletion surely would.

It is now night! No public posting is permitted! Morning in ~24 hours.

Doomed Galactic Journey
Morning 2

By this point, most people were expecting to find another dead body. However, before any search could begin, most people agreed that breakfast should come first. However, after a few requests for massages went unanswered, some people got up to investigate the ship.

They found Bottetta9000 (Abaddon) in her recharging room, badly damaged. Frequent attempts to start her systems resulted in nothing—she was dead. Unlike the previous kills, Bottetta9000 still had her head attached. It seemed as though she had been hit by something blunt and heavy multiple times. The damage was so great that any hope of retrieving the battery would be pointless, as the battery was probably destroyed anyway.

Spoiler :
Botetta9000 (Abaddon) was innocent.

They also noticed something rather grim—the warp drive accelerator was damaged, and the ship’s speed reduced from 35 units/12h to 25 units/12h, adding on another day to the estimated arrival time. There was some good news, however, as the airlock had been repaired. Any time there are item votes in the future, there will be the option to give it to nobody, and instead throw it out into the depths of space.

The computerized intercom then spoke:

“Well, it’s another day on the trip to Nova Vlatixa. Execution votes will continue as normal. Also, some info about quarantine: The13thRonin will be in quarantine until Morning 3. You can still vote for her to be executed if you want, but she cannot vote. Also, if the results of the vote end up in another quarantine, that’s another 24 hours added on. Anyway, here are those stats you might want to see:”

Distance to Nova Vlatixa: 260 Space Units
Distance from Vlatixan Empire: 190 Space Units
Current Velocity: 25 units per 12 hours towards Nova Vlatixa (approx. 5 days to go)
Oxygen Remaining: 80 12-hour units

It is now day. Please place your votes. ~48 hours until evening.

It is starting to feel a little fuzzy here... Maybe I should put off the Coke Cocktails and have some mixed punch instead...

We can't get there in time: We only have (4) 12 hour units for us all.

Also, I think that Repairbot worked overtime after you talked to it: So, who wants some Salad for breakfast, with Mixed Punch. And maybe Beef stew for supper?

Am I at least safe from the killer in here Splime?

(OOC: I've been told by Splime I can still make public posts, just no votes)

Top Bottom