Game Pollution

Vuldacon

Dedicated to Excellence
Supporter
This is just to have something a little different from the Normal
Game Pollution that I think is too Plain and Bright Orange.
Pollution with and Without Skulls on Posts.

You can change the Colors for this Pollution to something else
and or use the Skulls as you like... even if not for Pollution.
...just play around in your Graphics Editor and make what you like :)

Extra Pollution included to play with in your Graphics Editor:
BrightRed_pollution, BrightRedNoTrees_Pollution
RedNoTrees_pollution.pcx. I also included mt\y Skull, with and without a Post to use as you like.

Because There can only be one Pollution File Used and it also must include Pollution for Volcanos for Conquest, it does create much difficulty to make some type of pollution that will "fit" all situations. I do believe that Pollution should be seen as Outstanding and "get your attention" in the game and it needs to go with Volcanos. Iy also must go on ANY terrain. It therefore should be Pollution itself that is shown rather than anything that has been afected by it. This is probably one reason Fraxis made the Original Pollution as it is... at least it is Pollution itself.
...I am just uploading these files for use in any way you like. You can certainly change colors or anything desired.

You can Download the File here

Last edited:
I use the Pollution with Skulls in fantasy type Games such as with Dragons but use the Pollution without Skulls in general.
IF nothing else, you can play around with the pollution and make something that looks better.
Textures/Colors/Contrast/Brightness and something that looks like pollution itself that is applied as Splotches over any terrain or map graphics seems to be the best way to handle it.
...as I said, the Original Game Pollution has the right idea to show Pollution as a thing itself that is added over what ever terrain or structure that is on the map. I just found that pollution too plain (no texture) and the particular shades of Orange not to my liking.

IF Pollution is made that will work for Volcanos and all Terrain to show it in a Better way...I am all for it.

I just had a wild thought - Could some of the pollution be made with the shadows part of the palette - letting the underneath terrain show through? Skulls & shadows... that'd be pollutific.
Blue Monkey... The Palette that Pollution uses does not support any Real Translucent shades so No, the Underneath Terrain could not be shown through it.
Any Area that is colored with the Magenta Background on the Palette would show the Terrain. The Pollution itself could be made in layers of different Transparency to get an Effect of Translucency but it would Not be translucent and the terrain would Not show through it.

Pollution is an Overlay Map Graphic with No Real Transparency.

That' some nice pollution you've created, Vuldacon.:)

Top Bottom