Doomed Galactic Journey (Game Thread)

Vanguard, I voted the laser to you because I trust you. I just don't think that we should throw anything away because we don't know if the laser might be useful. But you make a good point, I forgot about the thief, I've been more concerned about our oxygen situation. So, I vote to throw it out.

(OOC: Pending a response from Splime ...) I agree with Diamondeye. Vent the laser. And as far as I'm concerned, get rid of the vials, too. They seem even less likely than the laser to have any benevolent use, given we've already heard mention of vials of medicine, and these are apparently not the same. (OOC: Theorizing here that an inactive hell_hound could not have stolen Kulko's item.)

I'll take the other oxygen tank, as you all seem so eager to give it to me. I really wish you'd listened to me on CCRunner instead, though, if you're so trusting. I know nothing of PaulusIII, and I'm very sorry to do this on no evidence, but I have to try to protect one who I believe to be innocent over one about whom I know nothing at all.

And finally -- CHARLES LI, I don't know how you expect me to respond to you when your PM box is always full.

"I already suggested venting the laser but doing the same with the Liquid? hmm... shouldn't we at first try and find out what it does? I'd give one of the tanks to Vanguard, sure. wouldn't mind having one for myself to tell you the truth, though. then again we have no immediate need for it so I surely won't insist.

oh, the liquid? I'd guess our resident biologist lightfang would be the logical choice if we were to keep it."

now the hard part... executing a catatonic stowaway was one thing but things would not be as convenient this time around although there had apparently been quite a bit of behind-the-curtains scheming Dawn had not been aware of which did make things easier... after some thinking she found a way to pass the burden to somebody else...

"as far as the... unpleasant... bit is concerned. I can't decide either way I have to confess but I am afraid that if I won't cast a vote we'll have some more mystery votes come our way somehow. I'll vote for PaulusIII. I believe the votes are tied that way. sorry for chickening out like that"

having said her piece Dawn steps back.

Public Posting is closed, update in a bit.

Doomed Galactic Journey
Evening 4

There were a lot of votes on the table for the day, with two oxygen tanks, a case of liquids, a laser weapon, and an execution vote all up for grabs. Vanguard (Diamondeye) quickly established himself as a vote leader for the oxygen tanks, thanks to his earlier accusations of both Nictel and The13thRonin, who were in fact rebels. Renata, the Planetary Geologist, also picked up oxygen votes. Because the airlock was fixed today, the overwhelming majority of people voted to eject the laser weapon, hoping it would make the ship safer. Finally, there was a mysterious case of bottles. Charles Li led that vote, though it was not with a majority.

The execution votes were much less excited this day, but they still piled up. The votes went between CCRunner and Marius Danhavi (PaulusIII), but it was usually impossible to tell who would “win”. Either way, whoever escaped death would be doomed to quarantine. By dinner time, the votes were in (in addition to some secret votes). The execution votes were tied, meaning that both people would be quarantined.

Full Results

Oxygen Tanks:
Renata: 14
Vanguard (Diamondeye): 10

Dawn (scherbchen): 2
LightFang: 1

Laser Weapon:
Nobody: 12
Charles Li: 1

Case of Clear Liquid:
Charles Li: 3
Nobody: 2
Aanya Eck (rhawn): 1
LightFang: 1

Quarantine/Execution:
CCRunner: 5 (Quarantine until Morning 5)
Marius Danhavi (PaulusIII): 5 (Quarantine until Morning 5)

Vanguard forced CCRunner and Marius Danhavi into the Quarantine chamber, ejected the laser weapon, and gave the oxygen tanks and liquid case to their winners. Then, the ship status screens came on again:

Distance to Nova Vlatixa: 185 Space Units
Distance from Vlatixan Empire: 265 Space Units
Current Velocity: 25 units per 12 hours towards Nova Vlatixa (approx. 3.5 days to go)
Oxygen Remaining: 35 12-hour units

It is now Night! Public posting is prohibited! ~24h until Morning 4!

CHARLES LI, CLEAR YOUR PM BOX!

I have vital PM info to send, and if you don't clear your PM space, I'll have to remove you from the game.

Doomed Galactic Journey
Morning 4

The next morning, everyone woke up, and something was a bit different. A few people walked by the warp drive, only to notice that it was repaired to its full abilities, and everyone that was alive yesterday reported to breakfast. Everything appeared alright (relatively), but that made things disturbing. However, Charles Li was acting a bit odd, mumbling things and staggering around everywhere. Given the death surrounding them, nobody was concerned too much.

Regardless of the lack of deaths, oxygen was still a big problem. With the warp drive accelerator back to full power, the ship was set to reach Nova Vlatixa in 2.5 days. However, with 21 12h units of O2 left, suffocation before reaching the destination would be a huge possibility. The computer screens ominously glowed with the data:

Distance to Nova Vlatixa: 160 Space Units
Distance from Vlatixan Empire: 290 Space Units
Current Velocity: 35 units per 12 hours towards Nova Vlatixa (approx. 2.5 days to go)
Oxygen Remaining: 21 12-hour units

In addition, the low oxygen lights came on all over the ship, making sure nobody would forget the peril that faced their lives. Also of note, the computers have put forward a question for the crew:

Should the Quarantine system be shut down, forcing the person with the plurality of execution votes to be killed? (In the result of a tie, both will be killed. Also, anyone in Quarantine will be placed back into the rest of the ship.)

It is now Day! Please place execution votes, and vote on the status of Quarantine!

Last edited:
Dawn looks up from her plate before even getting a chance to take a bite. "This... nothing happened? This changes everything, doesn't it? I'd say we have to shut down Quarantine. it depletes oxygen from those who need it and it would seem that one of the persons in there... if not both of them... tried to sabotage the mission. or do you think it was a clever ruse?" suddenly not so certain of herself anymore Dawn waits for other crew members to speak. it seemed clear to her but she might have missed something.

Last edited:
(OOC: I don't think it works that way. I think Splime was saying if we shut quarantine down now, both PaulusIII and CCRunner will be released. There will just be no quarantine option going forward; plurality of votes dies.)

It changes quite a lot, doesn't it? I'm torn on what to do, myself. And it's a dangerous ruse, if such it was. No innocent deaths, no sabotage ...

OOC: ah! that makes sense. retract vote! my bad.)

"I see what you are saying... but no deaths and no further sabotage is, I believe we can agree, a good thing, right? our first windfall."

It-looks-like-quar-an-tine-has-wor-ked-one-of-paul-us-and-c-c-run-ner-must-be-the-re-bel-or-both-but-I-do-not-know-which-and-we-cannot-ex-e-cute-both-so-must-keep-one-in-quar-an-tine-while-kill-ing-the-oth-er-keep-quar-an-tine
{OOC: In case my character's voice makes this incomprehensible: It looks like one or both of Paulus & CCRunner are the (last?) remaining rebels. But we can only execute one person a day and I don't have clue one as to which (or if its both) are the villains. So we need to keep both locked up. We can do this provided we do majority vote for one and at least 1/3rd for the other. But if we get rid of quarantine, we will only execute one and be wide open to danger if the other one's the villain}

"aye it seems I have misunderstood the instructions our benevolent computer overlord has given us. both of you make more sense than I do it would appear. the way you explain it keeping quarantine is the sensible thing to do. as to where we go from there I have no clue. one of them will have to die, as much as it pains me to say so. keeping both in there would be preferable but, alas, some of us need oxygen to survive and that is running out fast. I would not know which one was the one responsible from the information I have or if indeed both were culpable. make your cases..."

Dawn sits back down, a bit embarassed to have misunderstood some rather simple instructions like that yet apparently happy that some progress was being made. Somehow she even seemed to think that her chickening out at the last vote somehow made things easier for everybody involved. well... at least it appears to have kept everything and everybody safe for one night. small mercies.

*cough!* Damn, i feel terrible. I think i have a cold going. Probably something i caught while dining with the potato people in the cargo bay. Anyway i say shut that quarantine down, who needs it. Well, that's it for me today, i need some rest. *sneeze!*

Bad news. It seems the thief is still at large. I got robbed last night. Someone took the android battery I was given.

I have no idea who is the thief, though, so I'll currently not vote on an execution, but that will change later. It also seems like there is a disease going around and the thief still has the vials, so it would be in our best interests to find him quickly.

Let's not keep the quarantine. We should never have used it in the first place.

So it is important that we know who has those vials. We're starting to get sicker and sicker here. Who is the thief?

I say to find out about this, we need to remove quarantine rules and perhaps execute two people at once?

Top Bottom