Ancient Militia Units

Very nice, I'll see if they can be used in Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire. Could you do a militia spearman? Militia spearmen were more common that swordsman due to their cheapness and ease of use.

Very nice, I'll see if they can be used in Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire. Could you do a militia spearman? Militia spearmen were more common that swordsman due to their cheapness and ease of use.

Done. The file has been updated with it. No new screenshots, but it is basically the Pitchfork with a spear instead of a pitchfork.

I'm thinking about making more "medieval" versions of these guys. Might do them later. Might release them.

I think it would be awesome if someone made a gladiator unit to go with these. That way you could do a "slave uprising" event for some type of Roman mod. Or a Spartacus scenario or something. Just an idea.

EDIT: or instead of giving out macemen, when a city is razed these could be the partisans so long as it is in ancient times or whatever. I don't know, just some ideas I have.

Just an idea, but wouldn't the swordsman look better with a more greco-roman style sword? The one from the hypaphist for instance?

I think it would be awesome if someone made a gladiator unit to go with these. That way you could do a "slave uprising" event for some type of Roman mod. Or a Spartacus scenario or something. Just an idea.

EDIT: or instead of giving out macemen, when a city is razed these could be the partisans so long as it is in ancient times or whatever. I don't know, just some ideas I have.

I could do a gladiator unit. I've had considered using the Gladiator as a second Roman UU, but gave up when i couldn't find one. Now that i can make units, i suppose i could make one.

Just an idea, but wouldn't the swordsman look better with a more greco-roman style sword? The one from the hypaphist for instance?

I suppose. If/when i do the Medieval Militia units (i've started, but dds editing is not my strong suit, so it's going roughly), i could also include a militia with a Hypaphist sword.

I'm going to use some of these in RFRE to represent the Bagaudae (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bagaudae). I suppose 1 ok unit to represent some organization, and 1 weak for just bandits.

Bakuel has just made a Thraex, and yes it is used during the Spartacus uprising, and also as the Famous Gladiator GP ;) Now if someone would create a Ludus for the gladiators to train in they would be complete.

I realize this thread is over 4 years old, but I'd like to thank you on your work mech.

Also, I used the readme for the axeman and I coded all of the Art_Defines correctly (checked my spelling over multiple times) and all I got in the civilopedia was a red dome.

Don't know if you can do anything about it or not (or if you want to), but it's just something I noticed. The other three worked fine. Great, in fact.

Top Bottom