Doomed Galactic Journey (Game Thread)

Public Posting Closed!

I'll have the update in a bit.

Doomed Galactic Journey
Evening 5

After much debate, the masses chose to keep quarantine around, citing the ability to keep more people isolated, and therefore making them less dangerous. Also, there were more important issues: oxygen was running low, and there were limited tanks of oxygen remaining. Debate centered over oxygen, as it seemed like several people would die tonight.

CCRunner and Abgar were the only two people who gained execution votes, but at the end of the day, the group decisively chose Abgar for execution, despite the 2 secret votes he gained at the end. In the evening, before Vanguard stepped up to shoot him, Abgar shouted, “You fools! That planet you call Nova Vlatixa is ours! If I have to die to defend it, then so be it.” With that, Vanguard shot him, but he continued to shout about the planet being his. Three more shots from Vanguard, and the shouts stopped. An inspection of the body revealed the emblem of some sort of galactic civilization.

Spoiler :
Abgar was a member of the Space Pirate Thieves’ Guild!

With this information, it was confirmed that there was in fact more than one enemy on the ship. However, there was another enemy creeping up on them: time.

Distance to Nova Vlatixa: 125 Space Units
Distance from Vlatixan Empire: 325 Space Units
Current Velocity: 35 units per 12 hours towards Nova Vlatixa (approx. 2 days to go)
Oxygen Remaining: 7 12-hour units

With that, everyone went to sleep, realizing that some may not wake up the next morning.

It is now night! Public posting is prohibited! Morning in ~24h.

I should probably add that night will be a bit longer than 24 hours, since I'll be away for much of tomorrow.

yay. we get to sleep in!

Delurk: Yeah, some of you will get to sleep in for a reeeeally long time... ;)

(OOC/shameless: If you like this game and can at least tolerate a fantasy setting, go here and sign up. It's like NOTW on steroids. Still plenty of signups left!)

{OOC: Oh no! We forgot to give the GM any oxygen tanks!

I'm going to be without internet for the next 30 hours or so so won't be available at the start of the day but will return before its end.}

(OOC: *Checks to-do list* ... Dang, I knew I forgot something.)

Doomed Galactic Journey
Morning 5

The VSS Empire came within 100 space units of Nova Vlatixa last night, but that wasn’t the main issue last night. All those without oxygen tanks were hoping that they would pass away silently, and still asleep. Sadly, almost none of those without spare oxygen could sleep, and those that did were awoken by a low oxygen alarm an hour before the oxygen was predicted to run out at around 0200 hrs.

Those with oxygen tanks equipped them immediately, preparing to switch over once the ship’s oxygen ran out. Time was running out for those without oxygen. Sir Lucas Forsyte (Snerk), the Mentally Unstable Person, slowly degenerated into insanity, shouting that “Daddy can’t let this happen!” With about 10 minutes left until the oxygen would be gone, he ran out the airlock and into the abyss.

Spoiler :
Sir Lucas Forsyte (Snerk) was innocent.

Knowing that the end was near, Tasslehoff pulled out a portable synthesizer and started playing a song, though a few minutes later he stopped playing. In fact, he was rolling on the floor, gasping for air. A new alarm sounded, and five people in total were suffocating: Chandrasekhar, Thomas Berube-Giguere (thomas.berubeg), CCRunner, Charles Li, and Tasslehoff. All the others could do was watch in horror. Within a couple of minutes, they ceased all movement.

Spoiler :
Chadrasekhar was innocent.

Spoiler :
Thomas Berube-Giguere (thomas.berubeg) was innocent.

Spoiler :
CCRunner was innocent.

Spoiler :
Charles Li was innocent.

Spoiler :
Tasslehoff was innocent.

The others spent the rest of the night trying to get over the loss of six innocent people. When morning came, there were at least no signs of ship sabotage, or intentional murder. However, there were quite a few possessions that had to be distributed (or removed from the ship):

A 24h Battery which Abgar possessed
Abgar’s 48h Oxygen Tank
Tasslehoff’s Portable Synthesizer
Charles Li’s Crate of Chemicals
Chandrasekhar’s Vlatixan SMG

Of course, there was also the usual execution and quarantine vote. Marius Danhavi (PaulusIII) came out of Quarantine alive this morning, unlike CCRunner, who died in quarantine.

Distance to Nova Vlatixa: 90 Space Units
Distance from Vlatixan Empire: 360 Space Units
Current Velocity: 35 units per 12 hours towards Nova Vlatixa (approx. 1.5 days to go)
Oxygen Remaining: None (6h Since Total Oxygen Depletion)

It is now day! Place your votes! (I realize there’s a lot to vote on.) Evening will come in ~54 hours.

I agree with Kulko. The killings and sabotages stopped abruptly when he got into the quarantine. Also he survived, meaning he has oxygen. The saboteurs is known to carry oxygen tanks.

PaulusIII

Oh, i claim the extra batteries.

There can be no other choice but PaulusIII.

Battery to Love. Oxygen tank to Vanguard, who gave up the last one he was voted for what I hope was a good cause. Space the synthesizer; it's probably only good for irritating people. Not sure what to do with Charles Li's crate yet.

I'll take the SMG. I know who needs it most.

One last thing. I have one vial of vaccine, given to me by one of the innocents who died last night. I'd like to put it to good use. If you need it, please contact me (OOC: PM) with whatever evidence of your own innocence and usefulness you might have: most likely story wins.

"We couldn't have expected anyone but innocents to suffer from suffocation; still, this is a sad day. I think the points stated about PaulusIII are fair - as for the distribution of items...

Let Love have the batteries, and Renata the chemicals. I don't care about the Synthesizer, but I want the oxygene, having given the last one I was voted to a trusted person to avoid any more deaths by suffocation."

Vanguard stops briefly, before moving on: "The submachinegun? Either throw it out, or let me take it."

Dawn comes down to the breakfast area. Oh boy, here we go... she thought.

"I know we should on a minute to mourn those that have passed away last night" she begins, clearly uncomfortable "but I realize that there are more pressing matters at hand for those who need oxygen". She pauses a moment to let the fact that she was not equipped with an oxygen canister sink in for a moment.

"About that... uhm... I was built as... as a toy I'd guess you'd say. though they apparently took great pains to make me appear as realistic as... 'humanly' possible I do not need to breathe like you. I merely tried to hide that part of my past, I hope you can understand."

Hoping to leave that part behind rather now than later Dawn quickly moves to the matters at hand.

"I will not vote on the Oxygen, obviously, and I will not claim the battery as a sign of good will. give it to Love. I do not see the need for arms on this ship, for now I'd vent the SMG. Enough people have died tonight.

But one more will have to die tonight for the safety of the ship and the crew, it appears. PaulusIII."

PaulusIII, it's time for you to be killed - killed to death. And the batteries go to Love. Diamondeye should get the O2 tank.
I'm not sure about the SMG or the synthesiser. If there's anyone with musical talent, I'm sure the synthesiser can be put to good use.

PAul-us-III-to-die-love-the-batt-er-y-van-guard-the-ox-y-gen-space-the-chem-i-cals-as-they-may-be-dang-er-ous

Item distribution, how fun!

1. A 24h Battery to Love. Beep beep boop and all that jazz.
2. Oxygen Tank to Vanguard. Breathe deeply.
3. Portable Synthesizer to me, I used to play the trumpet as a kid and I'd like to learn new ways to bother everyone around me.
4. Chemicals I will decide on later.
5. SMG to Renata

Top Bottom