WIP Denel AH-2 Rooivalk

PROBLEMS WITH THE ROTOR RESOLVED FOLLOWING THE_COYOTE SUGGESTIONS ON THE 2ND POST

I didn't resolved yet the problem with the little interface image

Denel Ah-2 Rooivalk

SouthAfrican Gunship
Uploaded on The_Coyote Eurocopter Tiger.nif uses its animations and its wheels, wings and texture (this completely reset)

Problems of the rotor position resolved following The_Coyote Suggestions

ANIMATIONS INCLUDED... IMPORTANT: USE THESE ANIMATIONS INCLUDED CAUSE THEY ARE MODIFIED
FOR THE ROTOR POSITION

DOWNLOAD

Fell free to use it as You want

KrugerPritz

and enjoy...

Attachments

• Rooivalkproblem.jpg
    Rooivalkproblem.jpg
    224.9 KB · Views: 224
  • Rooivalk.jpg
    Rooivalk.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 137
  • RooivalkInGame.jpg
    RooivalkInGame.jpg
    290.3 KB · Views: 194
the problem is, that you can only rotate the rotor, the position is set in the animation (and overrides all your changes in nifscope). More or less the reason why i had to change the gunship to the tiger animation

More or less you have two options:
1. change the position of the rotor also in all kf files
2. add a unanimated node between the rotor node and the parent of the rotor node, use now your added node to adjust the rotor position

(2 makes a bit less work, both is more or less also covered in the nifscoke tutorial)

the problem is, that you can only rotate the rotor, the position is set in the animation (and overrides all your changes in nifscope). More or less the reason why i had to change the gunship to the tiger animation

More or less you have two options:
1. change the position of the rotor also in all kf files
2. add a unanimated node between the rotor node and the parent of the rotor node, use now your added node to adjust the rotor position

(2 makes a bit less work, both is more or less also covered in the nifscoke tutorial)

Thank You :) I hope I will come back with some results :)

glad you could fix the problem, and again a very nice model :)

the unit stat model (lower left corner) was displayed on my end, did you renamed the nif and now there is no tiger.nif in the folder with the animation?

yes i saw this in the dl, like said i replaced my tiger files with yours (was to lazy to make xml changes - the only changes i did: removing your working directory in front of the texture ;) [i also want a textured model in nifskope] and creating a clone of the nif with _fx [to match my xml entries]) and the unit worked absolut fine ingame. (including the model in the lower left corner). Btw your pedia entry works? [if yes it´s is a really strange error]

Could you please make the two steps above (even if i don´t think that they causes the error), open the kfm with nifscope (and tell me if you see a model - if yes the needed nif is in the folder - if not the nif which is demanded by the kfm is missing [should be tiger.nif]) and double check your xml

Polycount and Texture size?

I need to know this information, so that I can decide whether the model is useable for the public mod I'm working on. For many model makers and users polycount isn't a concern. If you fall into this category, that's fine, I'm not trying to influence you. However I would like to know if the models you release can be incorporated into the Legends of Revolution mod, or any other public mod I may work on because your work looks great.

(1633 vertices, 935 triangles, 256 base textures, 64 rotor textures)

KrugerPritz models normally match all your criterias ;)

yes i saw this in the dl, like said i replaced my tiger files with yours (was to lazy to make xml changes - the only changes i did: removing your working directory in front of the texture ;) [i also want a textured model in nifskope] and creating a clone of the nif with _fx [to match my xml entries]) and the unit worked absolut fine ingame. (including the model in the lower left corner). Btw your pedia entry works? [if yes it´s is a really strange error]

Could you please make the two steps above (even if i don´t think that they causes the error), open the kfm with nifscope (and tell me if you see a model - if yes the needed nif is in the folder - if not the nif which is demanded by the kfm is missing [should be tiger.nif]) and double check your xml

The only kfm that shows me the nif, is tiger.kfm the others don't show the unit..

GeoModder and Phungus, thank You... thanks The_Coyote for the Polycount... even my mangusta I think is almost the same

Top Bottom