Aluminum Resource

Vuldacon

Dedicated to Excellence
Supporter
This is to offer Aluminum as a "Natural" Resource rather than have to use a Trash Can to represent it on the game map :)

As most of you already know, Bauxite is a Natural Resource used to obtain Aluminum.
This was made as a Strategic Resource.

This Resource was made to use the Conquest Resource Palette but should also look ok with the CIV III Resource Palette. The Game Resource Palettes are Limited for Colors that would help make some Resources look better but because most people use the Original Resource Game Palettes I did not create a new Palette.

The Reddish color is the best that can be done using the Conquest Resource Palette but it appears Good In Game.

Included Files:
aluminumlarge.pcx and aluminummall.pcx Civilopedia files.
Aluminum_Resource.pcx Map Resource
Aluminum_Shadow.pcx
Extra: Large Aluminum Resource and Shadow if you prefer it larger.
Read Me file

You can download the Zip File here

Attachments

• AluminumPreview.png
    AluminumPreview.png
    112.5 KB · Views: 539
Wow, that looks great, somehow you still manage to surprise me with the quality.

This is to offer Aluminum as a "Natural" Resource rather than have to use a Trash Can to represent it on the game map :)

Really? I thought it was an aluminum soda/beer can.

Nice job and also very fast. You must have some extra time on your hands.
Badkharma... Not really, Just took the time to do some things as a break from my other work. Many things to do so I try to do as soon as I can :)

This is very well done, and accurate. I've been wanting to get rid of that trash can since I got the game.

I assume you intentionally made it look like bauxite ore, which is after all the largest supply of aluminum oxide in nature.

Good Work, and thanks!

Looks like a trash Can to me all these years :lol:

...Many things to work on and trying to help a few friends. Then Back to completing some more Units.

Yea, the original somewhat looks like a soda can, I was thinking about adding a Mountain Dew or Coke logo on the side of it (caffeine for an extra shield, and caffeine would take away 1 food :) ).

tom2050... guess that is a Can, never noticed the Top opening and it appeared as a Trash Can to me due to the sides not being Smooth.

Here is a Cola Can Resource just for fun if anyone wants it.

I included one that is centered and one that is offset so it will help the resource continue to show after it is mined. Shadows included. made from the CIV "Aluminum Can".

You can also get the Offset Mine I made to help that more.

Attachments

• Cola Can Resource.zip
    4.7 KB · Views: 92
  • Cola Can Resource.png
    Cola Can Resource.png
    1.4 KB · Views: 90
Ha, looks great. Nice touch, I'd always thought of it as a soda can as well. Your fine work spreads out so fast, if you could add a link to the first post or update your other resources thread it make it easier on us that may want to download later.

Over the years I have thought different things about the alu-resource. First I have taken it for a clump ,then I thought to see a rounded barrel ,then it seems to show a can ,then ...:crazyeye:
Nowaday I think it`s an aluminium beer can without any printings on it.:D

Personally I don`t think that I will use it ;because of the color of your resource. Sorry ! But I prefer a aluminium resource that have the typical color of ... aluminium. I`m just thinking of the visibility in-game. That means that I know about the need to easily spot resources and other strategic stuff on the map. It`s even more important because aluminium is a strategic resource ,and as a such ,I must be able to spot it even faster then one second. (Important while checking the map using the minimap)

Downloaded and added to my DL-Archive in any way.:)

Bye
General 666

tom2050... guess that is a Can, never noticed the Top opening and it appeared as a Trash Can to me due to the sides not being Smooth.

Here is a Cola Can Resource just for fun if anyone wants it.

I included one that is centered and one that is offset so it will help the resource continue to show after it is mined. Shadows included. made from the CIV "Aluminum Can".

You can also get the Offset Mine I made to help that more.

Hahaha! I have not checked this thread in a while (I get lost in all these threads), that had me rolling on the ground seeing an ice-cold Coca Cola! That could be quite useful for the later eras as a resource required for capatilism or industrialization or w/e. I must say, it looks just like the original (I'm drinking one right now! :)). Great job!

Tom

When I finally took a closer look and noticed the Opening on top of the Aluminum Can, I immediately thought I would make it into a Cola Can :lol: Not that many people will use it...but then again, who knows... could have some use.

Top Bottom