The DYOS Consul (DYOS X: 2007-2009)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some excellent work going on here, Thorvald.

By the way, I'd recommend a 'Quest for Gem' as a wonder that gives one military leader to whoever builds it.

Stylesrj's post gave me an idea- we can make his civ the one that has really weak, but cheap units, which seems exactly his style. ZERG RUSH! KEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKE!!!

We could also give him one uber-unit: The Powergamer. I can just see the Civilopedia Entry Right now:

"The Powergamer, by his own demand, has all special abilities, 999 Attack, 999 Defense, 999 Movement, and can make cakes. It costs 1 shield."

[/sarcasm]

Ah, that old project! I believe that I have found a way for Apolyton to make an appearance; not as a civ, but as a wonder, preferably late game that auto-produces some kind of units serving for the builder, just to represent my growing obsession to destroy CFC. Anyone who mildly dislikes it could ask for my help and I would gladly help.

Make the Apolyton wonder become available with the tech "The Great Merger". ;)

Come to think of it, why not include the Hacker Attack? Though I'm not sure how that could work...

Hacker attacks could be the equivalent of nukes.

"The Hugely Annoying Chaos Kreating Extreme-Range Missle, Better known as HACKER Missles, are devastating weapons that are capable of destroying images, posts, and even entire threads."

Hacker attacks could be the equivalent of nukes.

"The Hugely Annoying Chaos Kreating Extreme-Range Missle, Better known as HACKER Missles, are devastating weapons that are capable of destroying images, posts, and even entire threads."

And to counter the Hacker Missiles. A Civ can have the "Dr. Hax anti hacking computer monitor launching defense system" ;)

Link to video.

Though IMHO (In my humble opinion) This would only work with a scripting scenario found in Civ4. Not sure how this would be implemented with the limited programing in Civ3 other than it being a duplicate of the SDI defense system.

Exactly, the HACKER missles replace ICBM's, and the Dr. Hax anti hacking computer monitor launching defense system replaces the SDI.

And so it climaxes.

While everyone wraps up their respective take on the story, it's decision time: shall we or shan't we break the thread?

You see, this was but one half of a broader story envisaged by lord_joakim (who can't be here today on account of being in Spain). While the Gem is still necessary to the second half, the premise of Part II is simple enough that we can start a fresh thread without foregoing most of this story's developments. Plus, tabula rasa will hopefully encourage new contributors.

Ergo:
Conclude DYOS X?

And so it climaxes.

While everyone wraps up their respective take on the story, it's decision time: shall we or shan't we break the thread?

You see, this was but one half of a broader story envisaged by lord_joakim (who can't be here today on account of being in Spain). While the Gem is still necessary to the second half, the premise of Part II is simple enough that we can start a fresh thread without foregoing most of this story's developments. Plus, tabula rasa will hopefully encourage new contributors.

Ergo:
Conclude DYOS X?

I've been toying with the idea of a Breakfast Club-esque ending where it breefly describe the conclusion after the climax. The Combine forced into signing a peace treaty with the Republic of Coruscant, The Eastern Union, and The UK (Apologies for forgiting your respected virtual nations :blush:. All to the tune of "Don't Forget about me" by Simple Minds. At the end of the comic (Should we end with the closure of the thread) "The End" followed by the Gman (Which I use as kind of an Easter Egg in my comics) remarks "Or is it?" then leaves the black room into a door of light.

If y'all want a segment in this last comic, just let me know since I'd like to include as many people as possible :). Along with a credits segment.

CivGeneral said:
I've been toying with the idea of a Breakfast Club-esque ending where it breefly describe the conclusion after the climax. ... If y'all want a segment in this last comic, just let me know since I'd like to include as many people as possible :). Along with a credits segment.
Sounds good.

I have a two-part dénouement in mind to directly lead in to the next thread/story. Lots of foreshadowing. More on this once the results are in.

I have an idea for my plot-wrapping up comic, but it only works if a few of us actually CAN touch the gem without spontaneously combusting and I can come up with a crappy excuse for why they can touch the gem. Trust me, I can find some way it will work. the excuse might be ridiculous, but I still might be able to find a way for it to work anyway.

And BTW, how exactly did everyone get captured in the first place? That's never really explained.

I was thinking of making a wrap up involving FDR having his [buttocks] handed to him by Teddy Roosevelt, leaving a messege of EEEEEEEEVIL to our characters and then karking. Teddy leaves us with a Bond one-liner, and leaves the story. Then there'll be some random act of randomness from Patrick.

My last contribuation to DYOS X before DYOS XI begins will be a picture of
Spoiler :
Napoleon's forces on parade at thier Arrakis Base, with Otto Von Bismarck watching them. He proclaims that in the name of Napoleon...they shall go to war...

I just left the Gem Chamber, since I've got some catching up to do, as I just learned I'm ruler of Apolyton. So yeah. Don't include me in your comics, guys.

If you want to. However, you should be warned that the gem refuses to allow itself to be touched by spammers or people who have little to no connection to the plot, so it would probably disentigrate you if you tried to eat it.

My next comic is toying with adding a new antagonist, who is a shadowed figure known only as the Hacker who has allyed with Apolyton and has taken control of Napoleon's old army. This means scrapping Bismarck, but I can do more with it, due to my inability to draw the German statesman.

I'll post the comic here for inspection before it becomes canon.

This would be an interesting development in the next DYOS with Both The Republic of Coruscant and the Combine Empire in a cold war. Since after this point, the only conflict that eather side would face are proxy wars. Neather the Coruscantis nor the Combine are going to fight off face to face.

I've figured out some client/satellite states for the Combine Empire:
Space Pirates
Space Nazis
(More to follow as the DYOS develops and/or I create more)

Client States for the Republic of Coruscant:
Galactic Federation (remnants)
(More to follow as the DYOS develops and/or I create more)

TBH, I have not done a Galactic Cold War before, so this would be an interesting concept for me :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom