Alpine Trooper

Flying Pig

Utrinque Paratus
Retired Moderator

Attachments

• AlpineTrooper.png
    AlpineTrooper.png
    83.4 KB · Views: 720
Why do you say that? The reason for the whole FX-only thing was I forgot to do the other one until I'd packed it

Looking good mate :) A bit weird with "short sleeves" in an alpine environment but who cares, it will serve its purpose :D

I could make another version based on the Infantry, but it wouldn't have good animations for an automatic

I could make another version based on the Infantry, but it wouldn't have good animations for an automatic

Then put the infantry unit on the Marine's skeleton.

Or even just skin his arms. I did that with my Russian Special Forces unit.

You don't need to rebone them, they have the same skeleton structure (Bip01). Just copy the Infantry onto the Marine's skeleton.

Do not follow - please enlighten me (this is where my unit modding skills collapse)

If two units share the same skeleton structure, like both of thier bones are named Bip01. Then all you need to do in nifskope, is click on the mesh you want to use, hit copy branch, then paste branch on the unit whose skeleton you want to use. Then make the mesh a child of the same node as the old mesh.

Only thing to watch out for is that there a few random units who, even though their bones are the same name, they are actually built different. Navy seal comes to mind. Doing anything with the Seal requires reboning.

Oh great - one of my other projects is something stuck on the Navy Seal. Thanks anyway, I'll see what I can do

Use nifscope, its easier. Just right-click on the Infantry, select "copy branch", then go to the marine. Select the marine's parent node and right click. Select "Paste Branch" (Make sure not to select paste over). Easy.

x-posted

Only thing to watch out for is that there a few random units who, even though their bones are the same name, they are actually built different. Navy seal comes to mind. Doing anything with the Seal requires reboning.

Untrue. I've worked with the SEAL before, didn't need to rebone. I even went in right now and confirmed nothing's wrong by putting an infantry on the SEALs skeleton.

Untrue. I've worked with the SEAL before, didn't need to rebone. I even went in right now and confirmed nothing's wrong by putting an infantry on the SEALs skeleton.

Huh youre right, it does work. I must have borked something up last time I tried that with the seal. I was assuming it was the skeletons fault, as even though they are named the same, they do have different structures. Like missing clavicles/necks, or the clavicles being connected to the Spine01 instead of the neck.

Huh youre right, it does work. I must have borked something up last time I tried that with the seal. I was assuming it was the skeletons fault, as even though they are named the same, they do have different structures. Like missing clavicles/necks, or the clavicles being connected to the Spine01 instead of the neck.

Missing bones cause surprisingly little effect. The only real problem is when you try using the actual .kfs (try using any non SEAL animation on the SEAL skeleton, or a SEAL animation on a non-SEAL skeleton).

It works - and it's brilliant. Thanks guys!

EDIT: Just one problem with the textures; it has bits of each one. Should I have deleted something?

Top Bottom