The DYOS Consul (DYOS XI: 2009-2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorvald of Lym

A Little Sketchy
Purpose: To oversee the DRAW Your Own Story thread, to make recommendations pertaining to the thread, and to uphold the quality of DYOS overall.

Link to current thread
Link to DYOS X, Part II

Any forumer who posts a cartoon is automatically entered into the consulate, and can debate on issues relating to the story. To pass a motion, a majority vote of 66% of the consulate is required. If, however, a week has passed and no further action has been taken regarding the motion, the vote will be tallied as it stands.

Members are suspended from the consulate if they have not contributed to the story for a week (they are automatically reinstalled when they post a new cartoon). If you will be inactive for a prolonged period of time, please be courteous and notify the consul beforehand.

The consul oversees the following:
* Planning and organizing the story
* Placing posters on probation (see below)
* Expelling posters from the consulate (and thus, involvement in the story)
* Decisions regarding the future of the thread itself

If a poster has violated any of the rules of DYOS, the consulate will vote to place the perpetrator on probation.
1st Probation: 2 days between comics
2nd Probation: 3 days between comics
3rd Probation: 5 days between comics
If the offender continues to break the rules, the consul may suspend the offender indefinitely.

Note that the intent of the consul is not to control the story's contributors, but to improve plot coherency, and hopefully the story overall. Whether or not you are a contributor or observer, please feel free to voice your recommendations. We're here as much for your enjoyment as our own!

Members:
(Suspended names in brackets)
Angst; (Bratmon); (kulade); Vice-Consul CivGeneral; (Captain2); choxorn; CivCube; DaemonDD; e350tb; Gruekiller; (Huayna Capac357); Kan' Sharuminar; (kill fire); (Macha); (Mjwhear); (mythmonster2); (NedimNapoleon); (Omega124); Triumvir Perfection; Stylesjl; First Lady Stylesrj; (SuperBeaverInc.), taillesskangaru; (Taniciusfox); Consul Thorvald of Lym; (Zack)

9 votes needed for majority ruling

First Probation:
none :goodjob:

Second Probation:

Third Probation:

Expelled:

We could name this one "DYOS Consul Two" Or something, or "DYOS Consul 2009-"

[/subscribe]

In the first comic, it says a hacker destroyed the past DYOSes, but that was TF. He deleted them to save space because we were deemed "expendable"

In the real world, Yes, true. In DYOS Universe, we are free to alter facts however much we want. :p

I'm in, and I also posted a comic. Thoughts on the style?

I know the text boxes are a bit misplaced.

Just for kicks, here's something from my potential comic.

Yours truly...PAINTED!!! :D

Be nice. :please:

Edit: I'm probably going to fix the hat later.

It's ok. I'm using simple paint painting now too. Both comics.

Oh, and I'd be happy to see a comic with painting paintings in it. I'm doing it because i don't even have Steam (You get the hint), also, I like to draw.

EDIT: "It's ok" meaning "Nothing wrong with doing that." The quality is good! His face looks a bit too not-wide if you understand me, though.

LJ, did I ever tell you how much I love your atmosphere? ;)

One last hurrah before the trip.

First, choxorn asked what the phone call meant in the prologue to Part II. Translated from a rough Slavic:
HOLY <censored> ON A <censored> CRACKER WITH <censored> ON TOP! THE MANIAC! HE BLEW IT UP!! DAMN YOU AGAIN! <censored> MILITSIYA COULD NOT DO A <censored>-<censored> THING! WHAT THE <censored> WAS THAT?! I AM NOT TRAINED TO DEAL WITH THIS KIND OF CRISIS! AND WHERE THE HELL ARE THE VDV?! SWEET MOTHER MARY! AND YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN THE JAWS ON THAT THING! OH MY GOD!
A little gift for you all: nearly every character I have introduced, or felt I contributed most to their development, from my beginnings in DYOS VI.
Spoiler 10-minute tl;dr :

Also, here is a brief run-down of my characters' positions in Part II, in case any of you believe you are worthy of the Kremlym:

Thorvald and Bjørn - In the company of CivGeneral, and will likely remain so for most of this story.
Harald - Acting head of the Union in my absence. He may, however, become my main protagonist for DYOS XI, so hands off.
Marshal Brusilov et al. - Occupying Europe.
J.C. Reitan - The mad soldier from DYOS X, Part I. In the company of CivGeneral, but cannot serve any meaningful role unless I can craft his dialogue.
Mr. Toyoda - His home base in Kitami has been ravaged, and Toyoda himself is not to be found. His personnel may be found scattered throughout the rest of the world.
Krieger, Gradunov and the Canadian Junta - In Canada. Krieger is currently held within Captain2's secret base, although who has ensnared whom is not so clear-cut. The world crisis has not affected Canada (yet), although I would strongly recommend leaving this plot be until the Captain himself can re-join the fray.

Whoh, you got snerk in your character bin (He has the cookie monster avatar)? ;)

You just gave me an idea Thorvald :D. I think I should do an extended character round up :).

Thank you very much Thorvald; and tailless. :salute: :)

And yes Thorvald, that list was very comprehensive. :p

Well, I usually use Imageshack, despite the speed of the upload.

I stick with imageshack since it does not resize my images, so long as I select do not resize.

Since I am working a double shift today and tomorrow. Expect to see a character rundown similar to Thorvald's character sheet and another comic for the plans within plans.

Same here. Maybe I'll have some time to draw a comic tomorrow night.

I wish I had a work where I could hang out on CFC. :(

I only hang out at CFC during my breaks where there is Internet wi-fi network. I don't have access to the Internet where I work at (I get redirected to the company's intranet site)

Another good news is that I got an EO (Early Out) for my second shift job since I was one of a few people that are extras :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom