CIV Gold!

Huhh. Finished the first version of balancing the UBs. It was a lot bigger work than i expected in the first place.
It's a pain in the ass to balance 10-13 same type UBs with not just each other, all the other similar bonus giving ones (at least at 150+ civs)...
I hope i'll have enough free time in the weekend to do the first version of UUs too, but no promises ;)
Pls help me with further balancing, these suggestions are based only on Mojo's and my opinions...

Attachments

• Balancing Civ Gold UBs - first version.rar
    14.9 KB · Views: 88
Hey Wyz! Do you plan to add new civs in one of the coming updates? Switzerland, Slovenia or any other already existing civ for example?
If yes, it would be better to balance their UBs now with the others.
Ohh, and may I ask which LHs do you definietly plan to add/update? Because I made my LH lists previously and did not get too much feedback :(

Ekmek! You are my hero! At last we have the trung sisters! And they actually look pretty decent! :d

We can also add Puerto Rico. Capo has a civ in the works.

Ekmek - Looks awesome! I'll be sure to replace the version I have.

AbsintheRed - Thanks for doing this. Yes, it's a tonne of work but it'll be nice to have better balance. I'll look through it today or tomorrow - as soon as I can - and I'll get back to you. Thanks again.

Slovenia is already in 5.0. Switzerland would be a good addition. I'll take a look see.

Cheese! - No, and I haven't given a lot of thought to it yet. What is the problem with Atomic Gamer?

Ekmek - Looks awesome! I'll be sure to replace the version I have.

AbsintheRed - Thanks for doing this. Yes, it's a tonne of work but it'll be nice to have better balance. I'll look through it today or tomorrow - as soon as I can - and I'll get back to you. Thanks again.

Slovenia is already in 5.0. Switzerland would be a good addition. I'll take a look see.

Cheese! - No, and I haven't given a lot of thought to it yet. What is the problem with Atomic Gamer?

Atomic Gamer has a relatively low download cap, which makes downloading huge mods... really really irritating.

Hmm, I'm pretty sure Slovenia is not in (at least yet) :)
Btw MethylOrange is making a new Slovenian civ now, he made his 2 new leaders for that...
If u have time to add some more i would second Madman's suggestion, Capo's Puerto Rico.
Maybe Venice with Ekmek's Enrico Dandolo.
Not sure how soon is your next update, but if u want i can make a new (up to date) list with the available cool LHs and civs...

On the UB balancing: Not just yours, any feedback is greatly apprecietad. I don't want to decide this based on just my own opinion. I only intended this to be a good start...
If this looks ok, then i will start balancing the UUs too

Hi, don't know if this has been asked yet, don't have time to look through all the posts here, but is it possible to play more than 18 of these civs at one time?

Of coarse. It requires a new DLL, but I think CIV GOLD already comes with an updated DLL.

If it doesn't, you can do a search for 'DLL' in the Modcomp's section and add it in yourself. (it's not that hard to do it yourself).

Wyz_Sub, i'm surprised you don't have Taizong in CIVGold yet.

In my signature there is a link to my Leaderhead request thread. At the bottom of the list of leaderheads, there is a link to the Taizong Leaderhead made by Fireaxis for the Chinese version of the game.

Wow, that was a quick reply thanks.

Sorry if I'm being a complete noob but I've got this mod working and also a mod for more than 18 civs working, but how do I combine them? Or is it a seperate mod altogether. Also what does dll stand for? :blush: Thanks for the help.

Edit: Don't worry found this thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=289625

Good to hear. :)

@Wyz, I was looking around and i'm surprised at some of the outdated leaderheads you have. For example Menelik is just a reskinned Kublai Khan. There are much better versions of it out there.

In my sig, the link to the LeaderHead Database, there are a few dozen's of good leaders that can be used for Civ Gold. I try to avoid reskins in that database, so nearly 70-80% of the leaders there are more original and unique looking.

Now mechaerik has a better Menelik.

Now mechaerik has a better Menelik.

Also, I've noticed today that Civ GOLD uses a Kublai Khan-reskin as Sejong of Korea. There is a great Sejong in the database, so I recommend adding it too. I also am still very bothered by a green Louis XIV being used as Afonso Henriques. I might make an Afonso LH after I'm done with Vercingetorix.

Top Bottom