Promotions DLL

Restarting from scratch, but it gives me a chance to actually take a better look at things instead of diving headlong into something (plus I've found and fixed some bugs I was unaware of).

Hoping to update tomorrow, sadly not with everything I wanted to include, though I have included some ideas that struck me as I was doing it. I'm not done adding the promotions I wanted to, though I'm not going to let that stop me from making the changes I'd like to make to building and unit tags.

Hoping to update tomorrow, sadly not with everything I wanted to include, though I have included some ideas that struck me as I was doing it. I'm not done adding the promotions I wanted to, though I'm not going to let that stop me from making the changes I'd like to make to building and unit tags.
Great news, eagerly waiting for your updates.:D

Download and OP updated. I hope you all enjoy this, it isn't exactly what I wanted it to be, but it is coming along nicely. I welcome any and all questions and comments as well as any requests that are within my (limited) ability.

I like the VictoryMove and VictoryHeal promotions! Very interesting :D

What was this * about? You meant that if my unit wins a combat, it will get 1 more move but if it wins another combat during the same turn, it won't gain another move? Is it intended or not?
(I think it's nice this way, no infinite victory/move/victory/move/...)

I like the VictoryMove and VictoryHeal promotions! Very interesting :D

Thank Tsentom1 (if he ever comes back), they were originally his ideas, I just expanded on them a little

What was this * about? You meant that if my unit wins a combat, it will get 1 more move but if it wins another combat during the same turn, it won't gain another move? Is it intended or not?
(I think it's nice this way, no infinite victory/move/victory/move/...)

Yes, it is intended to be that way (one extra, not infinite extra), though I switched where it was in the DLL (moved it from ::resolveCombat to ::updateCombat) and I'm not sure if that will have any impact on it. So far, I haven't seen it fire more than once. I included the asterisk mainly for people who were familiar with Tsentom1's Skirmisher Promotion (and as a bit of a disclaimer in case it does fire more than once)

I see :)

Anyway, neat ideas, might steal them, if you don't mind! Of course, with appropriate credit (both to you and Tsentom1.

What are your plans now? Still trying to get PillageOnMove working?

I see :)

Anyway, neat ideas, might steal them, if you don't mind! Of course, with appropriate credit (both to you and Tsentom1.

The_J should be credited if you use the Respawn Promotion and of course I don't mind (kinda the reason I did this).

What are your plans now? Still trying to get PillageOnMove working?

The next version will be me porting other peoples (DLL) work into Promotions (mostly Xienwolf's stuff from FF) and I've decided that I'm going to move on to Building and Unit tags (I've got some ideas), that is unless I get requests for more Promotions. There is actually still a little I have to do with the Promotions that wouldn't be porting and was requested, so that will definitely be in the next version (just need to figure out how I'm going to go about it).

Ok, nice :)

Having FF's tags in base BTS will be great :)

There's some interesting ones in the History of the Three Kingdoms too but I didn't find their source code yet. If you do check it out, look into the Hero Promotions, there's some neat stuff :)

I saw the update and I wanted to ask you something:
1.I saw some tags there for units like paratroopers. My mod is specifically around the medieval age so there arent useful here, my question is if I dont put them in the XML part( including schema) will this cause bugs / affect the game speed in any way( meaning will it be faster with less info to load, although the .DLL will still contain the info on those tags)?
2. My largest scenario im planning is quind of huge and will certainly be impossible to play for many(as time and performance) so I thought merging the .DLL with the CAR mod. Do you have any ideea if its possible( I have no knowledge of C++ but looking from what the CAR does it seems logical to be able to easy merge them by useing CAR as the base and transport all your code to those files at specific locations) ?
3. Regarding point 2, I know its a luck question since It reffers to your future realse date, cause I would like not to work 3-4 times on the .DLL as I still got one/two civs to add, few more building arts(well I wont expect a specific day a time line like around the next 2-3 month would also be good so I can make myself an ideea about what to get finish before the release).

Thank you for your time and work,
Castor Troy

I saw the update and I wanted to ask you something:
1.I saw some tags there for units like paratroopers. My mod is specifically around the medieval age so there arent useful here, my question is if I dont put them in the XML part( including schema) will this cause bugs / affect the game speed in any way( meaning will it be faster with less info to load, although the .DLL will still contain the info on those tags)?

No, that should affect anything

2. My largest scenario im planning is quind of huge and will certainly be impossible to play for many(as time and performance) so I thought merging the .DLL with the CAR mod. Do you have any ideea if its possible( I have no knowledge of C++ but looking from what the CAR does it seems logical to be able to easy merge them by useing CAR as the base and transport all your code to those files at specific locations) ?
3. Regarding point 2, I know its a luck question since It reffers to your future realse date, cause I would like not to work 3-4 times on the .DLL as I still got one/two civs to add, few more building arts(well I wont expect a specific day a time line like around the next 2-3 month would also be good so I can make myself an ideea about what to get finish before the release).

Thank you for your time and work,
Castor Troy

I was hoping for it to be within the next month or so.

I merged the Survivor Promotion to my on mod and realized that when a unit survives a combat it remains with full strength. This unbalance the combat, as the unit can fully counter-strike and destroy the previous winner. Is there any way we could diminish the combat strength of the survivor unit? I mean, make the survivor unit run away with only a percentage (10%, for instance) of its original strength?

I merged the Survivor Promotion to my on mod and realized that when a unit survives a combat it remains with full strength. This unbalance the combat, as the unit can fully counter-strike and destroy the previous winner. Is there any way we could diminish the combat strength of the survivor unit? I mean, make the survivor unit run away with only a percentage (10%, for instance) of its original strength?

Yes, this is something I am working on. I originally intended the survivor to survive with only a small fraction of their hit points left. Is survivor the only one you merged?

Yes, I’ve merged only the Survivor Mod so far. But actually, the references for “CanRespawn”, “OneUpCount” and “Survivor” were so tied that I’ve merged all of them. The Offensive Victory Move looks very interesting. It will probably be the next one.

Yes, I’ve merged only the Survivor Mod so far. But actually, the references for “CanRespawn”, “OneUpCount” and “Survivor” were so tied that I’ve merged all of them. The Offensive Victory Move looks very interesting. It will probably be the next one.

I did Survivor and Respawn that way because The_J had made the Respawn promotion based off of Tsentom1's Survivor promotion code. It just made sense to me that one led into the other, which is why they are "tied together" the way they are. Right now though I just want to get them both working properly.

Download and OP updated. It is mostly bugfixes as well as some new art. Feel free to ask questions and provide comments as well as any requests that are within my (limited) ability.

Very nice, TheLadies. You are a fast mod maker!!

Now the units run away with only 10% of its original strength. Though, I noted some bugs. The survivor capability seems to be working either during defensive or offensive actions, dividing space with the withdraw ability. And after a combat, the plot occupied by the survivor unit cannot be accessed nor attacked by any other player for one turn. I will analyze the code to discover what can be changed, but I’m not really skilled for the job.

Did you say limited ability? I thought I were a modest person.

Top Bottom