Tom's Unit Factory

On a note to all... Infinitum site actually has more units than are shown, many of the units have their own recolours that would be quite difficult to do IMO. I will go ahead and do those as well.

For a little while, I will continue to do as many of these conversions as I can... and then I will get back to finishing my mod.

On a further note... I will attempt to figure out the whole process of doing a conversion from a NIF/KF file. These type of conversions would have shadows because they would be rendered from the models. Many games use the this format (Civ4 included), and so far the number of units able to be converted reach into the thousands, if not hundreds of thousands, or even millions (j/k) :). But five thousand+ is definitely a realistic number... obviously it is impossible for me to do anywhere close to that many. So at that time, I could just do requests, and if there are no requests, I would do w/e I feel like.

Tom

Never forget your priorities - while we do apreciate the steady supply of new units, the M&M mod comes first! I don't want to see the mod abandoned close to the release :)scared:) like many MANY other great mods. Many abandoned for various reasons, real life reasons - and the time you could've spent modding was spent converting; loosing intrest - finding other games etc; or just simply burning out, growing tired of the complications of modding and taking a long possibly permanent break.

:old:

Deer (unit conversion)

No Civ Colours.

Deer.gif

Download here... Deer.rar

Unit32, Large/Small pcx, and Sound Files included. Is a Bioware/Interplay unit.

Tom

Never forget your priorities - while we do apreciate the steady supply of new units, the M&M mod comes first! I don't want to see the mod abandoned close to the release :)scared:) like many MANY other great mods. Many abandoned for various reasons, real life reasons - and the time you could've spent modding was spent converting; loosing intrest - finding other games etc; or just simply burning out, growing tired of the complications of modding and taking a long possibly permanent break.

:old:

I see your point, but trust me... after all the hours I have dumped in, there is no way I will stop and not finish it! :) But the break in the mod is really not a break... I am still missing 5 or 6 units that I need, and I have found units I can use, but they are all in that NIF file format... So I need to figure that out in order to convert those units. So I figured I would convert other units as well in the meantime, since they can be done pretty quick. It will probably take a little bit of time to do so, but I also need to finish the terrain also which is about 80% done.

Abandoned mods are a horrible thing though, since everything the modder did is pretty much lost if they do not return to the site anymore.

Tom

Cat (unit conversion)

Cats of different sizes and colorations are common throughout the world. Some are pets, while many are wild. They are commonly used to control rodent populations, though some hunters use them to recover downed birds and other small prey.

There are many breeds of domestic cat, all of which share basic characteristics, differing only in outward appearance. An average adult cat weighs eight to ten pounds, though some pampered specimens can weigh as much as 25 pounds.

No Civ Colours.

Cat.gif

Download here... Cat.rar

Tom

Dog (unit conversion)

Smaller than wolves, the appearance of the wild dog varies from place to place. Most appear very wolf-like, while others seem to combine the looks of a wolf and jackal.

Wild dogs fight as an organized pack led by the dominant male. The favor small game, and attack men and human habitations only in times of great hunger.

No Civ Colours.

Dog.gif

Download here... Dog.rar

Tom

Wow Tom your pumping these units out fast. And all your animal units have inspired me to resume work on my fantasy mod, though I'm really just testing concepts for it at present. But soon I might start implimenting some unit graphics and a lot of the conversions you've done will be the first to go in. A thousand thank yous for all your hard work Tom!!!

Alright, I have completed the process. Any Nif unit seems to be able to be converted.

There are different versions of the Nif Format, so early versions have not been tested.

Oblivion uses Nif format as well... so since in Oblivion your character would change appearance depending on what he/she was wearing... it is likely this can be done in a conversion to create whatever type of character wanted.

Any Civ 4 unit can also be done... as well as a huge host of other games.

I will do a few to complete the units I need for CoMM3. I will also do a sample one first and post it up here.

Tom

Tom, I'm still very interested in that six-legged beast you showed me, if you could fit that into your schedule. My greatest thanks. And thank you profusely for the other animals; they're filling some gaps I had. That moose rules.

You mean this one? This one is completed, with another version that is recoloured with a slightly brown/golden tone over the top of the Basilisk. It was going to be released when CoMM3 is done and uploaded to the DB, along with the other 95+ other units/spells/recolours. PM me if this was it.

or was it another, I can't remember :)

Tom

Wow, from Meese to Demons of Torment, this thread has an incredible variety of units! Thanks, tom2050.

Carrion Crawler (unit conversion)

The carrion crawler is a scavenger of subterranean areas, feeding primarily upon carrion. When such food becomes scarce, however, it will attack and kill living creatures.

The crawler looks like a cross between a giant green cutworm and a cephalopod. Like so many other hybrid monsters, the carrion crawler may well be the result of genetic experimentation by a mad, evil wizard.

Carrion crawlers are much-feared denizens of the underground world. They live in lairs, venturing out in search of carrion or food every few days. Some underground inhabitants such as goblins and trolls will make use of carrion crawlers by leaving the bodies of dead foes out in designated areas. This keeps the creatures at a good distance from their own homes and encourages them to "patrol" certain areas. Some orcs have been known to chain live prisoners near the lairs of these fearsome monsters.

No Civ Colours.

CarrionCrawler.gif

Download here... CarrionCrawler.rar

Tom

Top Bottom