New Airport, Harbour and Barracks Icons

HenryStow

Chieftain
You know those little diagonal icons next to your cities when they have barracks, harbours or Airports? How about getting them updated?! It adds more 'feel' to the interface of the game, I believe. This is no.2 of my interace modifications.

Attachments

• barracks2.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 97
Looking good - but they need a lil work.

The air and harbor markers are hard to make out exactly what they are unless you open up the files and zoom in. You might want to look into increasing the pixels in the airplane for the air marker's tail so its more visible, and either increasing the size of the waves in the harbor marker or spacing them further apart for the same reason.

Asides from that, this is very good for a second submission.

I'll try and make them bigger, thx for the comments
have you noticed I'm slowly building a new interface/look?

Hmmm I thought the size was ok, but certainly wouldn't hurt to make them a little bigger.

So are you going for a modern interface? These icons almost look a little futuristic to me. Like 2050 or something.

One small criticism; I think the waves don't quite work as an icon. Waves makes me think of a surf beach rather than a harbour. I think something with a boat or symbolising a boat might have been better. Having said that I would still definitely use all three in any modern scenario. Infact I will use them, along with your excellent roads in my scenario set in modern day New Zealand.

Looking forward to your next graphics1

Cheers

Nick

Top Bottom