Starting Era: Ancient
Game Speed: Epic
Map type: Tectonics (60% water)
Size: Large

Options:
- Raging Barbs
- Choose Religions
- No Tech Brokering

I would like to have 4-10+ players. Anything above 4 is cool though. This will be a long game. Well, lets post this and see what happens.

********************************************************************​
Roster:

Current Turn Order:
King Flevance Joao (Portugal)
chasbolt Zara Yaqob (Etheopia)
DMOC Augustus (Rome)
Morgoth602 Louis (France)
Norvin_Green Mansa (Mali)
ParadigmShifter Pericles (Greece)
bathsheba666 Willem (Dutch)
Scienidez Elizabeth (England)
ChrisiusMaximus Ramasses (Egypt)
Deztro Huayna (Inca)

Current Poll results:

1) Should we allow email communication to players you have not yet met in game yet?
Yes (1)
No (8)

2) Should we allow map details to be discussed through email before paper?
Yes (6)
No (3)

3) Should we allow screenshots to be sent through email before paper?
Yes (2)
No (7)

4) What difficulty should we play on?
Prince (4)
Monarch(3)

5) How strong should the barbarians be?
Normal (1)
Raging (6)

Interested if its Huge and marathon, willing to play epic if necessary but prefer HUGE maps :D

All other settings im happy to play what ever is decided

Sweet! I also prefer the longer games but figured I would post slide room to get more people. I wanna try PBEM as right now its the easiest way for me to play MP. Shouldn't be too hard to keep up on either. Plus it'll be cool getting to play with some civfanatics players.

Any civ preference?

I'll play but only if the game speed is Epic. Epic is already pushing it for a PBEM and marathon just doesn't work since the game will never be completed.

Ideally, no AI's.

Difficulty: Preferably monarch for barbs, prince for raging barbs

Civ: Augustus Caesar/Rome assuming no unrestricted

I'll play but only if the game speed is Epic. Epic is already pushing it for a PBEM and marathon just doesn't work since the game will never be completed.
Yeah I was thinking marathon may be a bit too much through this system but wasn't sure. Glad to know someone with experience playing PBEM is here. :goodjob:

I am getting a little excited here I thought it would be a few days before I had anyone respond. :D

If someone takes Ramases Ill play random, id also challenge everyone else to go random :p

But if everyone is choosing ill take Ramases followed by Kublai

I'd love to play, I think 2 PBEMs will be just the right amount so I don't get swamped

How about Louis for me?
GMT -5 here

Hi :goodjob:

I would love to join if there are still openings?

I like Pericles, of Greece for this game if that's okay?

If you found the religion from Meditation, you can pick the religion you want to have from a list rather than just automatically getting Buddhism.

Thanks for the input.

So... say I choose Confucianism,
what does that mean for the first person to research Code of Laws?

They will have a list to choose from of the ones not already chosen. (Usually only 3 or 4 are left then) Basically specific religions are not tied to techs this way. Just the founding of a Religion is - it shows up on the tech tree as praying hands. Rather then saying "First to discover founds Polytheism" It just says "First to discover founds a religion". I play with it because Islam's sound and Hinduism's sounds irritate me for some reason and I try to avoid them if I can. (Namely Hinduism as I tend to get religion from Polytheism often)

Thanks for the input.
So... say I choose Confucianism,
what does that mean for the first person to research Code of Laws?
They will have a list to choose from of the ones not already chosen. (Usually only 3 or 4 are left then) Basically specific religions are not tied to techs this way. Just the founding of a Religion is - it shows up on the tech tree as praying hands. Rather then saying "First to discover founds Polytheism" It just says "First to discover founds a religion". I play with it because Islam's sound and Hinduism's sounds irritate me for some reason and I try to avoid them if I can. (Namely Hinduism as I tend to get religion from Polytheism often)

:) Since religion in this game, have no specific benefits, choose religion seems a bit well, weak of an option.
Therefore i have NO quarrels with that option on.

:) Since religion in this game, have no specific benefits, choose religion seems a bit well, weak of an option.
Therefore i have NO quarrels with that option on.

Have I opened a can of worms?

Why do you say no specific benefits to religion?

I assume there are the same benefits as before - happiness, temples, monasteries, cathedrals - only the name is changed?

Have I opened a can of worms?

Why do you say no specific benefits to religion?

I assume there are the same benefits as before - happiness, temples, monasteries, cathedrals - only the name is changed?

Precisely :) they all have the same benefits, therefore quite harmless option. Since Christianity and Buddhism have precisely the identical benefits, as with the rest of the religions ;)

*EDIT*
That was what i meant, can see why you misunderstanded it, i wrote it quite, well, unprecisely hahah

Top Bottom