C3C Epsilon Epic Continents 4+4

This is not going well for the Roman - American - Carthaginian - French alliance.
Japanese military is too advanced.

War news
Japanese East Seaboard
Sank 2 Japanese Destroyers Lost 1 in the process and another lost 1 hit point
Bombers and naval bombardment destroy improvements outside New HaKodate and Kozuke 2

A minor victory for the Roman navy but a small one :rolleyes:

Alas the Senate thinks there is nothing we can do to stop the Japanese dominating the world.

GPS to Calis

American Casaulties are many hundreds, the wounded are now dead and the Japanese are swing in our pools.
The remaining American cities huddle together to defend what is left of thier beloved land

The Japanese people start to demand peace, but I fear that is out of the question.

The Americans:

Near Nagoshima:

5/5 battleship vs. 4/4 galleon --> 5/5 battleship
4/4 battleship vs. 3/3 galleon --> 4/5 battleship

Near new Uaxactún:

Artillery bombards enemy troops:

After 8 shots, 10 hit points are down

4/4 modern armor vs. 1/3 infantry --> 3/5 modern armor
3/3 modern armor vs. 2/4 cavalry --> 3/3 modern armor
3/3 modern armor vs. 1/4 guerilla --> 4/4 modern armor
4/4 modern armor vs. 1/3 guerilla --> 4/5 modern armor
3/5 modern armor vs. 1/3 guerilla --> 2/5 modern armor
4/4 infantry vs. 4/4 longbow --> 3/4 infantry

The Romans:

artillery bombards Roman naval units near New Palanque:

After 7 shots, 4 units are redlined

Near West Port:

After 2 shots a destroyer is redlined

Near New Toyama:

After 3 shots an infantry is redlined

Near New Palanque:

Our bombers start bombing the naval units:

hit --> destroyer sunk
hit --> frigate sunk
hit --> transport sunk
bomber shot down by destroyer

Near West Port:

3/4 destroyer vs. 1/5 destroyer --> 3/4 destroyer

Near New Edo 2:

4/4 destroyer vs. 5/5 destroyer --> 1/4 destroyer

Near New Toyama:

4/5 modern armor vs. 1/4 infantry --> 4/5 modern armor

Back to the Americans:

Near Tazumal:

4/4 destroyer vs. 3/3 galleon --> 4/4 destroyer
4/4 destroyer vs. 3/3 galleon --> 4/4 destroyer
5/5 destroyer vs. 3/3 transport --> 4/5 destroyer
4/4 destroyer vs. 3/3 privateer --> 4/4 destroyer

Near Pittsburgh:

Artillery bombards tank:

It takes 6 shots to redline the tank

4/4 modern armor vs. 1/4 tank --> 4/4 modern armor

Cincinnati:

Artillery bombards the city:

After 5 shots, 2 units are redlined

5/5 modern armor vs. 1/4 tank --> 5/5 modern armor
5/5 modern armor vs. 1/4 flak --> 4/5 modern armor
(Cincinnati captured)

Washington:

Artillery bombards the American Capital:

After 3 shots, 2 units are redlined

4/4 modern armor vs. 1/2 infantry --> 4/5 modern armor
4/5 modern armor vs. 1/4 flak --> 3/5 modern armor
(Washington captured)

Near Orlando:

7 artillery shots redline an infantry and a guerilla

4/4 modern armor vs. 1/3 infantry --> 3/5 modern armor
3/5 modern armor vs. 2/5 guerilla --> 2/5 guerilla
4/4 modern armor vs. 2/5 guerilla --> 4/4 modern armor

Tampa Bay:

4/4 modern armor vs. 4/4 musket --> 5/5 modern armor (Tampa Bay captured)

cavalry captures undefended St. Louis

Oakland:

5/5 modern armor vs. 4/4 flak --> 5/5 modern armor (Oakland captured)

Santa Fe:

Artillery bombards city:

After 4 shots the infantry is redlined

4/4 modern armor vs. 1/4 infantry --> 1/4 modern armor (Santa Fe captured)

Cavalry captures undefended Minneapolis

Las Vegas:

5/5 modern armor vs. 3/3 flak --> 5/5 modern armor (Las Vegas captured)

Philadelphia:

5/5 modern armor vs. 4/4 flak --> 1/5 modern armor (Philadelphia captured)

Richmond:

5/5 modern armor vs. 4/4 flak --> 1/5 modern armor (Richmond captured)

And finally Chicago:

Artillery redlines defending unit(s)

4/4 modern armor vs. 1/4 flak --> 4/4 modern armor
5/5 modern armor vs. 1/4 flak --> 1/5 modern armor
(Chicago captured & 1fighter & 2 bombers destroyed)

This continent is now in Japanese hands...

GPS to Hawklord...

Just when you think you are done. A new master plan evolves. Well Okay an unexpected opportunity arises.

Japanes troops storm New Kozuke (I think) and lo and behold there is not an American troop in sight.

Centurion Maximus: The Japanese are all up north drinking American wine celebrating their great victory. With only a few facing Rome on the Western Sea board. There doesn't appear to be any troops anywhere around here. There are lots of trains and we have brought many explosives. OK boys this is an opportunity not to be missed we will probably not return to Rome but we will be sung about in songs for hundreds of years. Now of you go boys go destroy as much as you can.

Well this is a turn to remember. Overconfidence in modern weapons and massive under estimation of Roman troops can lead to major catastrophes.

Tabliz, Nagasaki 2, Kagoshima 2, Lazapa, New Shimonseki (3 bombers), Tulum, Ulaanbaatar, Echizen, Nara, New Satsuma, Nagasaki, Sapporo, Osaka, Tokyo, Kyoto, Edo, New Nagoya, Hakodate, Ise, Kagoshima, Satsuma, New Kagoshima, Matsuyama, Bizen, New Kozuke, New Sado, New Echigo Pillaged and raised.

In the process:
39 artillery captured 33 artillery spiked 6 artillery shipped home to Rome

4 generals killed

Would have been more but our troops bumped into an infantryman hiding in the middle of Japan.

And:

along with

Also destroyed were Internet, Hoover Dam, Ceti Programm, JS Bachs Cathedral, Newtons University plus more I think. I thought it showed destroyed wonders on the F screen, not in this it seems.

This will keep our allies happy an ariel photo taken of Japanese Heartlands

<br />
It seems that leaving railroaded cities undefended is a bad idea.

At last proper damage to Japan.

GPS

edit: Trapezus damaged destroyer by air attack

I think borders do not count when a city is in revolt. My infantry wasn't slowed down by your borders. It turned out that all of my landed troops could walk through your lands as if they were in Rome :eek:
So opportunist that I am, above was the result.

Does anyone out there know if this is the case? I was expecting to do some damage but this was just too much :lol:

I think borders do not count when a city is in revolt. My infantry wasn't slowed down by your borders. It turned out that all of my landed troops could walk through your lands as if they were in Rome :eek:
So opportunist that I am, above was the result.

Does anyone out there know if this is the case? I was expecting to do some damage but this was just too much :lol:

I hope everybody will understand, that under these circumstances, I cannot accept this turn. There is no such thing that borders do not count during revolts. And furthermore my core cities were not revolting, as I increased luxuries to ensure that even with max war weariness they couldn't revolt.

I have to ask for a replay and keeping of the rules regarding borders. My core cities have such high culture that even with tanks it would be impossible to reach them after taking my costal cities.

Perhaps revolt was the wrong term, they were all in unrest i.e. burning. Your borders did not slow down my troops who could use your railways to go anywhere. Your troops would defend as happened when I bumped into one. However there were no troops to stop us.
Is this a glitch then?

If this is a glitch we should replay the turn. However, if this is what happens when a city is in unrest you should have defended them.

We need clarification.

I am aware that you were talking about unrest, but as I mentioned, my core cities were not in unrest and I can't imagine what should have caused it, as I increased lux spending as mentioned above.

If the above would be possible, Eclipse could have eliminated me in the past turns very easily.

And IF this were possible, I surely would have defended my core cities, or simply would have abandoned them.

Well it was possible, as I could do it. All of your cities were burning, including all of your main ones.
Maybe Eclipse could have but didn't try.

I didn't know it was possible until my infantry didn't stop when he hit your borders.

I'll start a discussion thread to see if anyone knows anything about this. I've never met it before but like you thought it was not possible.
Edit:edited edit and moved thread
Discussion thread

I will reload a previously played turn to see if it was possible for me to travel the rails.
I wish if it had been possible I'd Wished I had noticed it.

We all know that my Army could not harm Japan's Army, they were merely Cannon Fodder, their missions were to spread out and Tate down your network.
I will be very upset with myself if I missed the opportunity of using 490 units via rail.

We all know that my Army could not harm Japan's Army, they were merely Cannon Fodder, their missions were to spread out and Tate down your network.
I will be very upset with myself if I missed the opportunity of using 490 units via rail.

You would have recognized when you moved your units into my territory!

@Eclipse: In the previous turn you had two units (a guerilla and an infantry) protecting oil & coal. In your turn they are within my territory. Try moving them within by borders and we'll see whether it works. The former american cities are in unrest at that time.

I fear that the new thread won't bring much light into the situation. Thus I have a proposal with two options to make:

1. I replay my turn and prepare for the Roman assault. Trying to replay everything else as I did originally.

2. Hawklord replays his turn sticking to the movement restrictions (including territory, cultural borders, and barricades (which also stop movement in neutral territory as I learned in my last turn).

If eclipse has troops on your land we can find out if he can move too. Can you try eclipse.
When I captured cities the cultural border seemed to be down to one square around the city. Maybe due to the unrest. I've never come across this before and didn't expect to be able to move like that either.

In the discussion thread it was suggested that the biq may have been modified somehow.

If it's a bug I'll replay and just take the cities I can reach from the landing zone.

After capturing cities the cultural borders always reduce to the 3x3 square.

Let's wait for Eclipse trying his movement.

It was the borders around the uncaptured cities I was referring to. I wouldn't want to win by exploiting a bug but even if we replay, it was worth it just to give you a heart attack :lol:

It was the borders around the uncaptured cities I was referring to.

That also would be very strange. As I have the internet (giving a research lab in each city) I have expanded borders in all of my cities (except for freshly captured American cities).

well I thought I saw the turn on my iphone but its not on my server
please resend

I said I would replay a previous turn and calis said I would have noticed the ability.
No need to replay because it is a fact that I could not move beyond one movement point or my unit would have insisted that his turn(s) wasn't over. for me it didn't happen but between turns the news of the France and carthage embargo surely could have made the difference.

So war weariness is at an extreme right now i would bet as everyone is against you
the other factor I honestly am not sure of because you had such an immense cultural value maybe there is coding saying when one is so good that it works against you if the world is against you OR there are levels of war weariness and a level beyond what is normally met was here

Hawk send me the turn if I have a unit still on the continent I should be able to take it anywhere.

Edit As you can see from the attached pic I did not receive the movement bonus, but it is on the next turn that I should check because it will have all factors in play

Top Bottom