Knights Hospitallers (BtS 3.19; V1.0)

kochman

Deity
V1.1 - made changes regarding Harbor Fortress so that you can have harbor functions from drydock when harbor expires; changed some art.

LH - Pierre d'Abusson (FIN/PRO; Vassalage; Christianity)
UB - Harbor Fortress (replaces harbor; +1 trade route; +50% defense; -25% bombard; Obsoletes with Artillery; Available with Engineering)
UU - Corsair Galley (replaces caravel; 4:strength:; +50% vs Galleons and Frigates; cargo space 1 any unit; can explore rival territory)

Download link:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=14492

Credits: MANY... the following (and I probably will forget someone, I apologize in advance) either helped me learn coding, etc or were victims of flagrant art theft by me...
Manifold; Teg_Navanis; Ajidica; Phungus420; The_J; Chamaedrys; Aranor; Ekmek; Flying Pig; The Capo; woodelf; CRoland; Wyz_sub10; strategyonly; zerver; IgorS; esnaz; Amra; cfkane; avain; cool3a2; Flintlock1415; TheLastOne36; RulerOfDaPeople; Iloveplayciv; Bakuel; Freya; nutnut; cybrxkhan...

I have not play tested this yet. Please give me any results you have re: issues/balance/art problems.

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
1) Download and unzip mod
2) Create the following directory and place mod in this directory:
Civilization 4/Beyond the Sword/Mods/Extra Civs*/Assets/Modules
3) Copy and paste a .ini file from any other mod, and place it in:
Civilization 4/Beyond the Sword/Mods/Extra Civs*/
4) Rename .ini file Extra Civs.ini*
5) Open the .ini file and replace the XML code with the following code:

Code:
[CONFIG]

; Modular XML Loading
ModularLoading = 1

; Skip Main menu
SkipMainMenu = 0

; Custom Art from user folder is not loaded
NoCustomArt = 0

; Custom XML and Python from user folder are not loaded
NoCustomAssets = 1

; No Custom Scenario option in main menu
NoCustomScenario = 0

; No team play allowed
NoTeams = 0

; Read Game options from XML, not .ini
ForceGameOptions = 0

; Always start in the standard era
ForceStandardEra = 0

; Scenario file (Single player)
ForceScenario = 0

; This mod is only for single player games
SinglePlayerOnly = 0

; Allow public maps to be used with this mod
AllowPublicMaps = 1

; Mod Image file
ImageFile = 0

; Name of Mod
Name = Extra Civs

; Description of Mod
Description = Generic Mod
6) Start Civilization 4 Beyond the Sword, at main menu select Advanced>Load a Mod
7) Extra Civs* should be an option, select this mod, then select "Go" and the mod should load

* You can actually name this mod whatever you want, but whatever it is, make sure the .ini file has the same name.

Note: You can put more than one mod into the folder, and you only need to do steps 1 & 2 for each additional mod after the first one.

Attachments

• Slide1.JPG
    Slide1.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 378
  • Slide2.JPG
    Slide2.JPG
    27.1 KB · Views: 447
  • Slide3.JPG
    Slide3.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 525
  • Slide4.JPG
    Slide4.JPG
    26.9 KB · Views: 380
I am especially interested on thoughts of the UB... I kind of made it like a Harbor + an extra castle... but like the castle, now the Castle/Harbor does go obsolete.

Too much?

Perhaps give them another UB that serves as a conventional harbor around the time the Harbor Fortress goes obsolete?

And then tone down the Harbor Fortress?
Or leave as is, and allow a replacement UB harbor?

I like this very much. Good ideas!!
Maybe the best solution would be, to "obsolete back" to a normal harbor after Artillery
I'm not sure how you do this in xml/python though, but sure it can be solved somehow...

I like this very much. Good ideas!!
Maybe the best solution would be, to "obsolete back" to a normal harbor after Artillery
I'm not sure how you do this in xml/python though, but sure it can be solved somehow...
Well... I guess I could just make it replace the castle (and take away the harbor like bonuses), and bump up the defense granted by the castle, and make it obsolete at Artillery...
That way the harbor is still around and doesn't obsolete.

Now I remembered why I didn't use the Castle... this is a water based building... Crap.
I didn't want to make it so they couldn't build any castles away from water!

OK, figured out a solution.
I am going to modify the drydock to encompass both the abilities of the harbor and the drydocks for the Hospitallers. That way, the Harbor Fortress can still replace the Harbor AND obsolete AND be water based without losing the harbor completely.

If anyone else has a better idea... let me know.
I have not uploaded the change yet. I will before the weekend.

I am also looking for more city names, as right now I only came up with 3!!!

I think that the Knights Hospitaller were the primary military brotherhood for the Principality of Antioch in the Outremer. However the only source I can physicaly rememeber seeing that on short notice is Medieval Total War 2, as such it might be SEGA creating stuff up.

The hospitallers came up with Krak des Chevaliers if I remember correctly. They were an important force in the Levant, and continued to be when the KoJ was defunct. I already have the Kingdom of Jerusalem, and the Teutonic Order, so I decided to make the Hospitallers focus more on later time frames, when several thousand of them would defeat 100,000+ Ottomans when beseiged.

Uploaded changes to UB...
Basically, I had to adjust the Customs House, because you cannot build a harbor when it obsoletes, and the CH requires a harbor and I changed the drydock to give harbor like bonuses for when harbor obsoletes.

Ah, yes, the screenshot.
When taken I hadn't fully fixed the xml for the artdefines of the boat yet...

It's definitely in there.

I have a problem with this mod. (I have windows 7) I did everything as described. I can select "extra civs" as a Mod but when I than start a game I cannot select hospitallers as a civilization. They do not aappear as a choice in the menu with the other civilazations. Can anybody help ?

I have a problem with this mod. (I have windows 7) I did everything as described. I can select "extra civs" as a Mod but when I than start a game I cannot select hospitallers as a civilization. They do not aappear as a choice in the menu with the other civilazations. Can anybody help ?
Are you sure you did step 5 properly? That seems odd that it would offer the mod, but not the civilization.

I think so yes I deleted the xml code in the ini file and did a paste and copy with xml code you offered. I have the same problem with the kingdom of jerusalem.

I put everything in the directory under c:programme(x86)/2kgames/fireaxis/civilization4/beyond the sword/mods...

Shall I try to put it all in my documents/beyond the sword/MODS... instead ?

Or can you offer another solution ?

(Thanks for your fast reply)

I think so yes I deleted the xml code in the ini file and did a paste and copy with xml code you offered. I have the same problem with the kingdom of jerusalem.

I put everything in the directory under c:programme(x86)/2kgames/fireaxis/civilization4/beyond the sword/mods...

Shall I try to put it all in my documents/beyond the sword/MODS... instead ?

Or can you offer another solution ?

(Thanks for your fast reply)
Ah, I see!
Ok, the Folder needs to go in the following directory:
BUT, the .ini file, which you modified, goes in:

Usually, you have to run it once, and the option still won't come up sometimes. Then go into the .ini file, make the change, and restart it. It should come up then.

If that doesn't work, let me know.
The KoJ folder should also go in:
BUT, you do not need a separate .ini in:
It should work for all civs put into:

Actually I did that. Both files are in

.../Mods/Extra Civs/Assets/Modules

and the ini file is in Extra Civs together with Assets.

I used this code:

[CONFIG]

; Modular XML Loading
ModularLoading = 1

; Skip Main menu
SkipMainMenu = 0

; Custom Art from user folder is not loaded
NoCustomArt = 0

; Custom XML and Python from user folder are not loaded
NoCustomAssets = 1

; No Custom Scenario option in main menu
NoCustomScenario = 0

; No team play allowed
NoTeams = 0

; Read Game options from XML, not .ini
ForceGameOptions = 0

; Always start in the standard era
ForceStandardEra = 0

; Scenario file (Single player)
ForceScenario = 0

; This mod is only for single player games
SinglePlayerOnly = 0

; Allow public maps to be used with this mod
AllowPublicMaps = 1

; Mod Image file
ImageFile = 0

; Name of Mod
Name = Extra Civs

; Description of Mod
Description = Generic Mod

Still I can load the Mod "extra civs" but when the mod is loaded I cant select Hospitallers or KoJ as they both dont show up as civs.

Top Bottom