Definitive Byzantine Empire

Kyriakos

Creator
The latest and greatest set :)

Winner of the April 2010 pcx maker award

Be God's vice regent on earth here

Please note that these graphics are free only for use in the civ3 community. Any commercial use of them is forbidden by the author.

Looks awesome! I like them!

Edit: Just saw what those "children" from OT said. You undoubtedly don't need me to tell you this, but don't listen to them. The C&C community greatly appreciates all the hard work and effort you put into your creations.

Looks great, Varwnos! I'm so glad that you're back to creating for C&C on a regular basis. Thanks.:goodjob::)

Lol. Like a DVD: The Definitive Byzantine Collection, with never before released Justinians III, IV, and V! :crazyeye:

Awesome, awesome, awesome, as always :thumbsup:

Truly beautiful, Varwnos! :worship:

Although I'm not playing Civ3 anymore, it's nice to see you guys are still in tune.

I remember some really fine Citysets made by you (...HRE, byzantine, bulgarian?), but this one looks extremely cool - just perfectly fitting the later Empire, "Angeloi" period: Hey Crusaders, are you looking for an new capital...?
;)

This is just wonderful. thank you so much for this.

Glad you liked it :)

Do you people consider this set as good enough? I tried to make something definitive, but it seems i lack that extra bit of talent in gfx so as to create a really classic graphic. These are surely good enough for freeware, but im not sure if they would be decent in a game if i was a proffesional gfx artist.
Then again we all have seen how wonderfull Firaxis gfx were for civ3 :D

Actually I thought the Fireaxis stuff wasn't badly done, as hand-drawn graphics go. Had the game designers not been looking for generic Mediterranean and European, etc graphics, I'm sure they'd have been better.

Don't fret: your cities are excellent little works of 3d art, somewhat like visual haiku; and I agree that this latest set is your best to date. I particularly like the mix of roof colors. I look forward to more.

Top Bottom