Indian Swordsman/Medieval Infantry

georgestow

Proud to be Awesome
Right, my second unit. As like my first unit, the Indian Spearman, it's (IMHO) not very good. In fact, I'd say this one is worse. However, I need it for my mod, so I made it, and it's being posted here.
I'd like to thank a lot of people: utahjazz7(tutorial+some props), AdamThwaites(turban prop), CivArmy s. 1994 (sword and shield props), Kinboat (PDM+some props), Vuldacon (loads of help!:D), probably some other people.

Attachments

• Indian Medieval Infantry.zip
    424.2 KB · Views: 285
georgestow... actually, I see improvements in this 2nd Unit and I am sure you will continue to improve as you make more. This is the way it works for all unit makers so keep your inspiration and creative ideas to help you continue to perfect your work :goodjob:

why does his shirt seem to tear open?
There is no openings on the prop.

I would also work with texture maps to give the unit more details. Like make his legs blue where the skirt is covering so that if and of the leg pops out by accident, u cannot notice at civ scale.

But for your 2nd unit its not bad

When does the shirt tear open?
And when does the knee pop through?
Again, due to time difficulties, I'm not going to redo it, unfortunately.

That isn't a tear, that big black happening is some odd thing that weirdly occurs. Plot noticed it in my last unit, but in neither did I bother fixing it. It's much more prominent in this, unfortunately.

You just have to change the animations. There's no other way around it, other than correcting it manually in the renders. I have asked about this issue on the Poser forums and even they didn't know what to do.

It's caused, somehow, by morphing the object too much. A lot of clothing props have this problem but the long skirt is the worst. If you want to use the long skirt prop, you have to animate the character so he doesn't bend his legs very much. This is tricky on things like death animations, but it can be done. I have to agree with Shiro that it really does spoil the unit when it's as visible as this, which is a shame as otherwise it is a good unit.

First, I thought it was meant to be blood from a hit. A bit low, but whatever .... :)

I don't know if it's only in the preview but this guy is sliding to the right all thru the anim (you can see it in the first 4 frames). Maybe the rotate ball is moving ? And I agree that black thing poking thru looks weird. Maybe some cut'n'paste could save it ?

Top Bottom