A New Dawn Bug Reports and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
New bug for you, Afforess, OR a feature :).
Zappara has cart path to be only one move, nothing extra but with roads, it will add move points. Well in my game, my unit move on cart path and it feel like I'm using Road but I'm not. I'm as of this minute researching Monarchy.

Of course if it is Better RoM feature, then I won't complain :D.

Not me; this must be the way RoM, or one of your custom modmods changes it to be. AND doesn't even overwrite RoM's routeInfos. I don't have one; check the SVN. ;)

Really minor but weird and annoying bug:
About two or so turns after a new game, the pop up message ask whether I wanted to check out my civics. At first, I thought it was Military Civics' bug only but when I made a new game without it, the pop up message is still there.
Like I said, real minor bug ;).

Yeah i get the same thing lately.

Not me; this must be the way RoM, or one of your custom modmods changes it to be. AND doesn't even overwrite RoM's routeInfos. I don't have one; check the SVN. ;)

Not me.

So will report this to Zappara unless he has civic/building/whatever that increase my move points before I get roads.

Really minor but weird and annoying bug:
About two or so turns after a new game, the pop up message ask whether I wanted to check out my civics. At first, I thought it was Military Civics' bug only but when I made a new game without it, the pop up message is still there.
Like I said, real minor bug ;).

This only should pop up after advanced start or when you research a tech that unlocks a civic you don't already have.

{Required Files} {Military Civics} {Beautification Project} {Castle Improvements} {Ice Breaker} {Ideology Civics} Meteorology {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } {Resource Refinement} {War Prizes} Zoology Firestorm Arctic {Larger Cities} {Espionage Process} Forestation {Sea Tunnels} Terraforming {Lead From Behind} {Event Images} Education Sports NIMBY {Civic Buildings & More Wonders} {No Storms} {Early Buildings} ANM {Historical Wonders} Formations {Mega Civ Patch} {Better RoM} Withdraw Depletion Farming Guilds {Modern Corporations} {Blue Marble Terrain} {Warriors of God} {Better RoM Artwork} {Water Mod} {Airbase Range} {Civic Diplomacy} Transportation {Misc Buildings} {Battlefield Promotions} Health

Custom

This, pl0x. With attached save

This only should pop up after advanced start or when you research a tech that unlocks a civic you don't already have.

Repeating myself:
  • Not playing with Advanced Start
  • Playing with Ancient start
:)

Repeating myself:
  • Not playing with Advanced Start
  • Playing with Ancient start
:)
I know; that is why posted that. I looked at the code. I don't see how what you are telling me is possible.

The Field Hospital seems to be bugged, I could build it although I wasn't at war, and the turn after it was build wouldn't complete, essentially looping Civ forever.

Good point. I'm probably going to remove the Library of Alexandria, since it is a dupe of the Great Library. The Ark of the Covenant... I'm not sure it ever went obsolete, just that it got misplaced...

The Library of Alexandria is not a duplicate of the Great Library since they give different results in game. It may be necessary to down grade effects of the Library of Alexandria to fit better with RoM.

There are a number of "duplicate" buildings in RoM especially with AAranda's religions. The Mosque at Djinne is represented twice once as a generic religious building (RoM) and once as a Islamic building (AAranda). However they have different names and different requirements and effects. This is not really a problem.

What is more of a problem is wonders which are the same AAranda's and GeneralStaff's Terraccota Army wonder for example. I prefer AAranda's to the one in AND but if you install both they will combine into a new merged wonder combining the requirements and benefits of both.

PS the Arc of the Covenant is supposedly in NE Africa. You can see the building containing it but only one monk can actually see the arc.

my game always freeze at certain turn, i tried a lot different ways which i found from this forum to sovle this issue, but they does not work, could you please take a look for me, thanks a lot, i really do not want to start a new game. i installed rom 2.9 with a new dawn 1.71 and ROME3.10.

{Required Files} {Military Civics} {Beautification Project} {Castle Improvements} {Ice Breaker} {Ideology Civics} Meteorology {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } {Resource Refinement} {War Prizes} Zoology Firestorm Arctic {Sea Monsters} {Larger Cities} {Espionage Process} Forestation {Sea Tunnels} Terraforming {Lead From Behind} {Event Images} Education Sports NIMBY {Civic Buildings} {No Storms} {Early Buildings} ANM {Historical Wonders} Formations {Mega Civ Patch} {Better RoM} Domestic Withdraw Farming Guilds {Modern Corporations} {Blue Marble Terrain} {Warriors of God} {Better RoM Artwork} {Water Mod} {Airbase Range} {Civic Diplomacy} Transportation {Misc Buildings} {Battlefield Promotions} Health {Better Air Interception} Research

Custom

i edited the GEM preset 31 civ myself, it's in the attachment as well.

the specification of my laptop:

qx 9300 quad extream
8G RAM 1066 ddr3
ATI 3870*2 mobility
win 7 64bit ultimate

I think this issue is nothing to do with my hardware.

Attachments

• New folder (2).rar
    1.6 MB · Views: 68
Foreword: Thank you, Afforess for your kind admonition!

I have a strange problem with some plots in my territory which suddenly got fog of war on them (after declaration of war because I accepted a vassal I think). Even units can't be seen if moved there - but they still show up as moveable.

Encountered in 1.70

Spoiler :

I have a strange problem with some plots in my territory which suddenly got fog of war on them (after declaration of war because I accepted a vassal I think). Even units can't be seen if moved there - but they still show up as moveable.

Encountered in 1.70

Spoiler :

See its not only me that have encountered this.;)

Encountered in 1.70

I encountered this as well and I NEVER accept a vassal so that wasn't it. I was however at war with the civ whose culture previously covered that tile so that could have had something to do with it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just ran into the 'freeze' bug i've heard others mention (at least I assume its the same one). At first I thought the dentist's office I was building caused it, but later ruled that out.
As soon as I end the turn the game freezes. It does this before the mouse even changes to the spinning globe. I thought maybe it was just working really hard trying to calculate something so one time I left it for about 20~30 mins but after I came back I couldn't even break out of the program with the task manager and had to restart.

P.S. If you notice I have a distinct advantage over the other players that is because I used the world builder a couple times (ok like 30 times :p) to add a bunch of great people and change a few tiles to flood plains (don't judge me, I was taking a break from trying hard). But I dont think that had anything to do with this.

Attachments

• A New Dawn.txt
    699 bytes · Views: 48
  • President Roosevelt.CivBeyondSwordSave
    216 KB · Views: 37
Hi!

Foreign Advisor/Glance page not working. No numbers, just smileys, and error message appears on the message bar : "WidgetTypes.WIDGET_LEADERHEAD_RELATIONS not found".

RoM 2.91, AND 1.71
{Required Files} {Military Civics} {Ice Breaker} {Ideology Civics} {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } Forestation Terraforming {Lead From Behind} {Event Images} NIMBY {No Storms} ANM {Mega Civ Patch} {Better RoM} Guilds {Modern Corporations} {Better RoM Artwork} {Airbase Range} {Civic Diplomacy} {Battlefield Promotions} {Better Air Interception}

Custom

Hi!

Foreign Advisor/Glance page not working. No numbers, just smileys, and error message appears on the message bar : "WidgetTypes.WIDGET_LEADERHEAD_RELATIONS not found".

RoM 2.91, AND 1.71
{Required Files} {Military Civics} {Ice Breaker} {Ideology Civics} {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } Forestation Terraforming {Lead From Behind} {Event Images} NIMBY {No Storms} ANM {Mega Civ Patch} {Better RoM} Guilds {Modern Corporations} {Better RoM Artwork} {Airbase Range} {Civic Diplomacy} {Battlefield Promotions} {Better Air Interception}

Custom
RoM 2.91 and AND 1.71 are not compatible.

Encountered in 1.70

Spoiler :

I've got fog of war showing up everywhere, same problem except I have no vassals. The opposite also happens - getting fog of war lifted from places it's not supposed to (faraway places when I have no units and no cultural borders nearby). If I had to take a guess I'd say it has something to do with fixed borders and the way it gives you all the territory of a newly conquered city, even if you razed it as soon as you conquered it - it only seems to happen on plots that belonged to a city that got razed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom